HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 5:55 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

San Antonio's Tallest Building Outside of Downtown.

The Tower at Park Lane - 370 ft.

It is located on the northeast side.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 5:57 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Question, does anyone think this will be about the height of Vidorra? Tower on Park Lane is just 23 stories but 370 ft.

Vidorra is what, 21 floors, could it be in the 350 ft range?

Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 6:48 AM
Meh

I emailed the folks at The Towers on Park Lane a couple of years ago, and they told me the building is 368 feet tall with 23 floors. Were you rounding up that 370 foot height from 368, or did you find that somewhere else?

The original height of the Vidorra Towers was supposed to be 292 feet with 25 floors. That height was obtained by another editor at Emporis from a friend of his that works with the architects who are designing the building. Since they've cut 4 floors from the building, I don't see it being anywhere near 370 feet tall. Infact, taking off 4 floors may make it considerably shorter - maybe only as tall as 245 feet or so.

I hope I'm wrong about that, but that's my feeling. The Shore, a 22-story condo tower in Austin that is being built, will be 257 feet tall. Still, at 200+ feet tall Vidorra Towers will stick up nicely in that area since there's nothing of similar height on that side of I-37, other than the spires on the Alamodome, (which are 300 feet tall), and the Staybridge which is probably only around 150 feet tall.

By the way, I love The Towers on Park Lane. Great looking building, and it's always a nice treat to see since it really towers over the area.

Here's a few more aerials of The Towers on Park Lane.

Source: Microsoft Live Local

Rare view of the backside.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 2:46 PM
JACKinBeantown

Is that thing really 370 feet? I never thought it looked quite that tall. I know it has a crown, but it's residential.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 5:08 PM
<-- Tower of the Americas

Plus, if the roof of the Tower at Park Lane was flat like the Vidorra's will be, that would knock off some height

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio