Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Jul 5, 2024, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
Transportation leaders urge Brightline expansion to Tampa to ease I-4 traffic

ABC News
June 14, 2024
By Rebecca Petit

"TAMPA, Fla. — Regional transportation leaders are pushing Florida lawmakers to expedite plans to bring high-speed rail to the Tampa Bay area.

For Mallorie Collert, traffic on I-4 has become so frustrating that she doesn’t drive on it if she doesn’t have to.

“I really try to avoid it as much as possible because of how bad it’s gotten,” Collert said. “I remember you used to hit traffic going towards Tampa a little bit but now you’re getting traffic all the way from Lakeland going to Plant City, so I really try to stay off of it.”

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...se-i-4-traffic
I totally agreed! Because the traffic is so bad. Very congestion traffic. It’s so slow and it’s so frustrating. More people are coming into town. It’s too overcrowded! You could struck the traffic. It’s so bad!

Old Posted Sep 6, 2024, 11:23 PM

Could be Fort Pierce station stop?

https://www.wptv.com/lifestyle/trave...eMr4v-Uu4djMWA

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 9:28 PM
just a pool of mushy goo

Siemens to build new Western NY factory for Pioneer 220 trainsets:

https://www.stargazette.com/story/ne...s/75138308007/

Trumpism is the road to ruin

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Subdividing threads is usually a bad idea as people will start posting in the wrong thread and one thread gets pushed down the page and people can't find it and so on and so forth.

A general Brightline thread makes sense to me. If a more organized display is desired I would recommend people place "Brightline West" or "Brightline Florida" in the title bar just so the post is immediately understood as being news or an update of one or the other. As major construction begins on Brightline West and continues in Florida, with construction photos being posted it would make even more sense to clearly put either Brightline West or Brightline Florida in the title bar.
I agree with a Brightline Florida and a Brightline West separate threads. It would make it much easier, even though Brightline is one actual company. It would make posting threads about CA and FL much more easier and more organized than posting everything about Brightline on one general thread.

Usually when I think of Brightline, I think of the FL HSR line and not the proposed CA line from LA to LV. That's the main reason why I suggesting splitting the thread in two and labeling it according to the regions Brightline serves.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 6:48 AM

Speaking of Brightline, when is the Tampa expansion going to happen? And can Brightline work on two alignments at the same time, meaning the alignments from Orlando to Tampa and from Cocoa to Jacksonville? It would be marvelous if Brightline could fund for two alignments to both Jacksonville and Tampa and finish both of them by 2030.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
Speaking of Brightline, when is the Tampa expansion going to happen? And can Brightline work on two alignments at the same time, meaning the alignments from Orlando to Tampa and from Cocoa to Jacksonville? It would be marvelous if Brightline could fund for two alignments to both Jacksonville and Tampa and finish both of them by 2030.
Probably not for years. In my opinion the 2nd phase of the Orlando spur (To Universal/Epic Universe/Convention Center/Disney) will happen first.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 5:15 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanImpact View Post
Probably not for years. In my opinion the 2nd phase of the Orlando spur (To Universal/Epic Universe/Convention Center/Disney) will happen first.
boo i need that nsb to daytona and jville airports connections right now.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 12:18 PM

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2024/09...tline-station/
Stuart revokes $60 million deal to add Brightline station
By Katie Bente | WPEC-CBS12
UPDATED: September 10, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.

The future of a Brightline station on the Treasure Coast is once again uncertain.

After hours of debate and public input, Stuart leaders decided to hit the brakes on adding a Brightline stop.

During a lengthy meeting that lasted until 11 p.m. Monday, two main issues were discussed. The first was whether to cancel the ground lease agreement with Brightline, which was decided with a 3-2 vote. The second was whether to cancel the updated agreement with Martin County, which was also decided with a 3-2 vote.

However, this doesn’t mean the idea of a Treasure Coast stop is entirely derailed.

“We’re confident that tonight’s actions don’t reflect the wishes of the majority of business owners and residents who have supported Brightline’s efforts to bring a station to Martin County. We’ll work with all cities and counties in the Treasure Coast to determine next steps for a Brightline station,” Ben Porritt, Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs with Brightline, told WPEC-CBS12.

The high-speed commuter train currently passes the Treasure Coast daily, with previously existing plans to include Stuart as one of its stops..................

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 12:42 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
After hours of debate and public input, Stuart leaders decided to hit the brakes on adding a Brightline stop.
During a lengthy meeting that lasted until 11 p.m. Monday, two main issues were discussed. The first was whether to cancel the ground lease agreement with Brightline, which was decided with a 3-2 vote. The second was whether to cancel the updated agreement with Martin County, which was also decided with a 3-2 vote.
Stuart leaders had in the past used every legal tactic to prevent the train, why are we surprised they have refused to have a train station?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricron View Post
Stuart leaders had in the past used every legal tactic to prevent the train, why are we surprised they have refused to have a train station?
No surprise here, the Treasure Coast is comprised of some of the most anti-urban/transit folks that have congregated from other parts of the country to retire.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2024, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricron View Post
I don’t appreciate that. The behavior is not acceptable to the people. Those people had it right to bring Brightline to Stuart station. He doesn’t listen to the people who wants to talk about Brightline. This is totally unacceptable!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2024, 12:29 AM

Quote:
If it takes 10 years to finally complete an 84-mile alignment between Orlando and Tampa, then Brightline needs to look into going to other locales (Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, and Naples), since it makes no sense to "wait 10 years" for an expansion which should've been under construction today that should've taken up to two years to construct and complete.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:28 PM

Another Brightline train meeting the not so bright?

Are Floridians not familiar with trains? Watch the dumbass waving like that's gonna help stop the train.

Brightline train slams into pickup truck stopped on tracks in Hallandale Beach; no injuries reported

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:40 PM
just a pool of mushy goo

Are you not familiar with Florida? LOL.

Trumpism is the road to ruin

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
If it takes 10 years to finally complete an 84-mile alignment between Orlando and Tampa, then Brightline needs to look into going to other locales (Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, and Naples), since it makes no sense to "wait 10 years" for an expansion which should've been under construction today that should've taken up to two years to construct and complete.
If it means Brightline looks into Jacksonville as their next extension option, that would open a path for any future HSR route to Atlanta. Would be nice seeing an average minimum speed of 110 MPH along the entire East Coast. Obviously very low standards, but it would mean Boston to Miami in less than 20 hours

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Are you not familiar with Florida? LOL.
Only through news stories, and this one seems par for the course! LOL

~ Charles Bukowski

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation