HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Waterview Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 1:54 AM

See Washington Monument

It should be ok, its just concrete.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 5:09 AM

This just looks bad, construction of a great building stopped in its tracks. Hope this is an exception and not a new trend.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 2:05 PM

Shit happens. The mark of greatness is how you handle adversity. My sources at Waterview say that the paperwork for the financing is all but finished.

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 5:02 PM

from yochicago today

Quote:
More than 68 percent of the tower’s 233 residential condos have sold, she says. (Another 222 condos will make up the five-star Shangri-La Hotel, located on Waterview’s 12th through 27th floors.)

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 6:46 PM

These numbers should bode well with ambivalent foreign investors...especially since 50% is typically the standard.

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 7:08 PM

So a silly question for everyone that's probably been answered before, is the tower section all condo, or some condo and some hotel?

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haworthia View Post
So a silly question for everyone that's probably been answered before, is the tower section all condo, or some condo and some hotel?
dude, all you have to do is look a couple of posts up. I can understand a couple of pages, but come on!

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 8:38 AM
Green Berniecrat

My cousin in Chicago told me they suspended construction on one of my favorite towers there. I havent been keeping an eye on this one, but I'm sad to find out its true. I really hope they do resolve this soon, seems like a silly reason to stop the progress, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 12:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
My cousin in Chicago told me they suspended construction on one of my favorite towers there. I havent been keeping an eye on this one, but I'm sad to find out its true. I really hope they do resolve this soon, seems like a silly reason to stop the progress, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
Silly? I think lack of money is the best reason out there to stop a project. Frankly, it was "silly" to start the project without sufficient loan committment to see the project to completion. Let's just hope that loan from China closes in June. We don't need a rotting concrete hulk on the east branch of the river - won't look good for the tourists.

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 2:48 PM

Two more units were sold last weekend at 2.5 million a piece. Just doing my part to keep up enthusiam for this special project.

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 5:03 PM

Pimp: What is your source on these sales? Are you involved with the project or is it a friend?

Just curious.

Thanks

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 5:46 PM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Silly? I think lack of money is the best reason out there to stop a project. Frankly, it was "silly" to start the project without sufficient loan committment to see the project to completion. Let's just hope that loan from China closes in June. We don't need a rotting concrete hulk on the east branch of the river - won't look good for the tourists.
I agree, but I dont know if you understood my post. What you said is pretty much what I was refering to. It was my fault though, I should have made it clear. You would think that all the finances would be resolved before the project moved forward, and that any slight turbulence along the way would be dealt with swiftly. This is one of the few, if not only building that I've seen construction suspended because of a reason like that. And no, that would not look good for tourists, especially at such a nice location.

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 10:19 PM
Chicago Enthusiast

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 10:25 PM

Is that still formwork support in the parking garage. Is there a reason it is still there?

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Pimp: What is your source on these sales? Are you involved with the project or is it a friend?

Just curious.

Thanks

My sources are folks within Teng. In addition, there are about 20 guys working on the inside of the project.

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 11:59 PM

Well June is around the corner and lets just hope all these financial problems get resolved. This building is awesome, and to see it fail would be tragic.

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 11:59 PM

Thumbs up

cool angle cbotnyse

Old Posted May 18, 2008, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
Is that still formwork support in the parking garage. Is there a reason it is still there?
It's not formwork. It's the fixtures for hanging the curtain wall, when it eventually gets installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pimp View Post
Two more units were sold last weekend at 2.5 million a piece. Just doing my part to keep up enthusiam for this special project.
But the project doesn't see the 5 mil until closing, correct?

Old Posted May 18, 2008, 1:42 PM

^Correct, but his point is sales continue on the project despite the setback on the loan closing.

Old Posted May 18, 2008, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pimp View Post
My sources are folks within Teng. In addition, there are about 20 guys working on the inside of the project.
I'm wondering if they are trying to get the parking garage wll wired and sprinklered so that it can be open during construction? This would allow revenue to begin flowing in immediately.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive