HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 11, 2008, 11:36 PM
working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcityboy View Post
Great now even Sask is getting arrogant just like their neighbour to the west whats next Saskatoon and Regina going to be half a million people each with more cranes than Alberta , lol
Arrogant? Please, I have great respect for all provinces, regardless of their financial status. We share more similarities than differences, the past history of Manitoba and Winnipeg is extensive and intertwined with both Saskatchewan and Alberta.

I do not underestimate the growth potential of Saskatchewan and both Saskatoon and Regina, and neither do many other citizens who choose to reside here (both the rich and poor). Crucial to Saskatchewan's future will be changes to our climate (e.g. extended growing season, warmer winters, hotter summers, public perception of warmer winters), government policy, available foreign and domestic investment and more importantly the will of the people who must support, embrace, and manage the inevitable changes.

I have a question and I don't expect an answer unless you or anyone else is willing and able. What do you think is crucial to Manitoba's future, what elements or future events in Western Canada, Canada, the World will influence the potential for success or failure in Manitoba? On what basis or principles should Manitoba define it's successes or failures?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2008, 1:19 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

the west is a neat mix of economic activity..

manitoba is booming by its standards........ just go up to thompson and see theres a lac of housing up there

Old Posted Apr 12, 2008, 2:15 AM

Thompson has a boom of sorts. Steinbach had the highest percent increase in population in Manitoba (20%-from less than 10,000 to over 12,000 since the 2001 census). The Pembina Valley cities (Morden, Winkler, Altona, Carman) are growing at high rates with a record number of new business starts in Winkler. Brandon isn't doing too bad either. Winnipeg should be run by Mennonites. Perhaps a lack of booze will get our planners and business men thinking more clearly.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2008, 8:39 AM
Youth of a Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
the west is a neat mix of economic activity..

manitoba is booming by its standards........ just go up to thompson and see theres a lac of housing up there
i want to note i lived in thompson for 13 years and you know what nothing happened there at all.. almost 15 years later its like a whole nother place, thats insane, im pissed because i wish the little boom its having now, happened back then. lol.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan