HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

1027 Wilshire in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Los Angeles Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 4:46 AM

Someone said they are making like 5 smaller buildings instead of 1 tall building.
I think.... mostly 10-15 story buildings

Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 4:49 AM

At least we can get something out of this.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 6:35 AM
Heavy User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLucky4LifeX View Post
Someone said they are making like 5 smaller buildings instead of 1 tall building.
I think.... mostly 10-15 story buildings
Source?

I have trouble believing that the construction costs for 5 buildings of 10 floors would be cheaper (or that the financing issues would be all that different) but anything's possible. In any case, no news about this building in a LONG time makes it par for the course for LA highrise proposals.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2009, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Phil View Post
Source?

I have trouble believing that the construction costs for 5 buildings of 10 floors would be cheaper (or that the financing issues would be all that different) but anything's possible. In any case, no news about this building in a LONG time makes it par for the course for LA highrise proposals.
Colemonkee:

the last Downtown News Development Update, the 1027 Wilshire proposal is no more
1027 WILSHIRE
Plans have changed for the project at 1027 Wilshire Blvd. in City West, said Hamid Behdad of the Central City Development Group, which is partnering with the Amidi Real Estate Group on the effort. A 52-story tower with 402 condominiums is no longer on the table, and the developers instead are pursuing plans to create a low-rise rental project with 356 units. The development would include 5,000 square feet of retail and 5,000 square feet of office space. No timeline has been announced, though Behdad said he expects to have entitlements by the end of the year. A7

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive