HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 19, 2020, 4:52 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Was M&E design-build on this one?
I wish I had that excuse. It was a combination of poor Architectural coordination, a switched out unit that came 6 feet longer than specified, and a mechanical contractor who built the ducting much larger than was drawn. A bad combination. We could have figured it out. Structural told us we couldn’t move it and we kind of stopped investigating it. We didn’t think it would be as obtrusive as it was so it wasn’t a huge priority.

I honestly can’t even look at the building anymore. I was so happy with it until that happened. It was the dead last thing to go up. I hope we can figure out a screen of some kind but it’s still a big visual hole.

You work for years on a building, making thousands of decisions and it’s ruined forever with one overlooked issue. You don’t get any do-overs. Likely will never get to do a brick clad high rise on a great site with a great client again.

It’s why I always have total respect for great buildings. They are so hard to do. So many things have to go right.

It’s also why I don’t think they should give out awards for architecture until they are built. Anyone can design a nice building but that’s only 10% of what makes great architecture.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan