HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 25, 2018, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Come again?

What's a "Regina VNC" and why would I look at it to find out how tall a transmission tower in Carlyle is?

Again, do you have a link?
Oh, a VNC is a VFR Navigation Chart. There's no link or anything like that.

VFR = Visual Flight Rules; IFR = Instrument Flight Rules.

Hazards to aircraft, whether natural or man-made, are depicted on VNCs. VNCs even indicate whether or not hazards are lit/not lit/partially lit with red/white strobe lights. Some hazardous natural features near airports also have flashing lights as well. IFR charts indicate only hazards that pose a threat while flying along an IFR airway or route. Such relevant hazards are also depicted on IFR approach plates.

Last edited by SkydivePilot; Dec 27, 2018 at 7:55 PM. Reason: Bad spelling.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2018, 2:14 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
I apologize for the behaviour of Pinus. He must have a thing about undermining the authority of the moderation team. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

I don't need anyone speaking on my behalf, thanks. Especially someone who had continually put down several moderators and other posters, acting like a complete tool.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Oh, a VNC is a VFR Navigation Chart. There's no link or anything like that.

VFR = Visual Flight Rules; IFR = Instrument Flight Rules.

Hazards to aircraft, whether natural or man-made, are depicted on VNCs. VNCs even indicate whether or not hazards are lit/not lit/partially lit with red/white strobe lights. Some hazardous natural features near airports also have flashing lights as well. IFR charts indicate only hazards that pose a threat while fling with instruments along and IFR airway or route. Such relevant hazards are also depicted on IFR approach plates.
Sooo..... Your post was just a "Look at me! I'm a pilot!" thing?

Anyhoo, it looks like we figured out that the tower in Carlyle is not the tallest structure.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=pappcam;8419267]Sooo..... Your post was just a "Look at me! I'm a pilot!" thing?
QUOTE]

That's what Pilots do. It's in their DNA and they can't help it!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 4:07 PM

Quote:

Anyhoo, it looks like we figured out that the tower in Carlyle is not the tallest structure.
You literally asked him piloty-type question. He probably shouldn't answer like a plumber.

I personally appreciate his knowledge and insight on the many aviation issues that arise on this board.

Last edited by Stormer; Dec 27, 2018 at 5:34 PM.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 5:12 PM

[QUOTE=VANRIDERFAN;8419547]
Quote:
QUOTE]

That's what Pilots do. It's in their DNA and they can't help it!
The first paragraph in every Pilot Joke Book:

How can you tell if there is a Pilot in the room? He would tell you.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 5:17 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
You literally asked him piloty-type question. He probably shouldn't answer like a plumber.

I personally appreciate hid knowledge and insight on the many aviation issues that arise on this board.
I second this.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
I second this.
Thank you Stormer and Riverman.

To my knowledge, the Carlyle tower is was the tallest structure is SK back in '98. @ 1101', it's pretty damn tall anyway!

Guys, I'm not tooting my horn because of my profession; I'm merely more than happy to clarify any sort of questions/statements that you guys post here with regards to airports/aviation. In fact, I have been around this aviation shit for soooo damn long, sometimes I don't even want to admit that I AM a pilot.

At present, I fly for an operator in Ontario. (No, not 'skydiving' stuff; that was many - BLUE - moons ago, lol!)

Frankly, I'm more impressed with occupations and professions that other people have.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 8:43 PM

Quote:

To my knowledge, the Carlyle tower is was the tallest structure is SK back in '98. @ 1101', it's pretty damn tall anyway!

Guys, I'm not tooting my horn because of my profession; I'm merely more than happy to clarify any sort of questions/statements that you guys post here with regards to airports/aviation. In fact, I have been around this aviation shit for soooo damn long, sometimes I don't even want to admit that I AM a pilot.

At present, I fly for an operator in Ontario. (No, not 'skydiving' stuff; that was many - BLUE - moons ago, lol!)

Frankly, I'm more impressed with occupations and professions that other people have.

Just FYI, I commend and appreciate the intelligence and aptitude that goes into being a commercial pilot, any jokes I might make about pilots certainly and not in any negative connotation! And Happy New Years to you (and everyone on the MB/SK SSP forum)!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2018, 2:29 AM

Quote:

It's not 1100 feet high. It's 1100 feet higher than the surrounding landscape because it's on a hill.

I think having the facts straight in a skyscraper forum discussing the highest structure in Saskatchewan is important. Now if you have actual proof that this tower is actually 1100 feet high I'm up for it.

Happy flying!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2018, 2:39 PM

Quote:
It's not 1100 feet high. It's 1100 feet higher than the surrounding landscape because it's on a hill.

I think having the facts straight in a skyscraper forum discussing the highest structure in Saskatchewan is important. Now if you have actual proof that this tower is actually 1100 feet high I'm up for it.

Happy flying!
Dude, for the last time, the tower was 1101' AGL on the the Regina VNC which was valid during 1998. (AGL means: Above Ground Level.) It was the tallest structure on the Regina VNC at that time. (We are essentially saying exactly the same thing here though anyway, lol!!!)

Posing pics on here is a pain-in-the-ass; look it up for yourself.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2018, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Dude, for the last time, the tower was 1101' AGL on the the Regina VNC which was valid during 1998. (AGL means: Above Ground Level.) It was the tallest structure on the Regina VNC at that time. (We are essentially saying exactly the same thing here though anyway, lol!!!)

Posing pics on here is a pain-in-the-ass; look it up for yourself.
Mic drop.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2018, 3:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Mic drop.
Meh. I'll believe documented stuff on the internet before I believe some anonymous internet guy who just "says so" and can't provide any proof.

This link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nnas_in_Canada) doesn't mention the Carlyle tower and this link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CICC-TV) says it's 337.4 metres HAAT which is height above average terrain which is not the same as AGL or Above Ground Level.

I've seen that tower plenty of times and it is up on a hill.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2018, 1:58 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

I'll believe a VNC before some crap on the internet. And yes, dimensions AGL is the standard.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2018, 3:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post

I don't need anyone speaking on my behalf, thanks. Especially someone who had continually put down several moderators and other posters, acting like a complete tool.
You really believe anyone pays you any heed? Get lost!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2018, 3:27 PM

Quote:

Hey there! I was just giving you some good natured ribbing. I'm in the military and its what we do! If you are not getting teased you are not appreciated.
For the record I appreciate all the things the air service does for us!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2018, 8:53 PM

Lol guys! Ummm, there's one fact that we can all agree on, and that is: Capital Pointe is still about -30' BELOW street grade, lol!!! Yes, and in about 6-7 months, Saskatoon will steal the title as having the tallest building in SK. ('Can't see Regina topping that again for at least 10 years. (If ever.)

The NW corner of Vic and Rose would be my favourite location for Regina's future tallest.

Last edited by SkydivePilot; Dec 30, 2018 at 9:01 PM. Reason: "street grade"

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 5:17 PM

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 6:29 PM

City made another appeal today.

Quote:
A final decision on the Capital Pointe project in downtown Regina will be available in the next month or so.

....In November, the Court of Queen’s Bench rules the site to be safe, but Friday morning the City of Regina stated that erosion has begun at the site, making it unsafe.
https://www.620ckrm.com/2019/01/25/b...pointe-appeal/

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 11:17 PM

More complete coverage from CBC. Westgate did not send a rep to this appeal. The city still wants to fill the hole.

Quote:
City of Regina Commercial Building Inspector Jeremy Chalupiak also spoke before the board. Chalupiak said he was in charge of inspecting the work site several times a month. He said that during his inspections from July to December of 2018 no work had been done by Westgate at the site and that he asked Westgate to file monitory reports on the work site but it failed to do so.

Chalupiak said he observed a berm in the north-west corner of the work site that had been eroded by water draining from a nearby alley.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...eal-1.4993129?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan