HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 3:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
And magically today Aritzia has been removed from their website
Whoops - Somebody made a mistake.

If you look at the mall map, Tesla has been removed too, but, it's too late, the cat is out of the bag.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Whoops - Somebody made a mistake.

If you look at the mall map, Tesla has been removed too, but, it's too late, the cat is out of the bag.
Tesla is still shown on the corporate page for CF Champlain. That’s where Aritzia was listed and has now been removed. https://cadillacfairview.com/retail/.../cf-champlain/

Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 4:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It will be several months before lululemon moves into the old Victoria's Secret space. The space is just a vacant shell right now. There is a lot to do.

Aritzia can't even start renovations on the lululemon space until they move out. It will be at least 3-4 months after that before they can open. This means that Aritzia likely won't have an opening before next May (at the earliest). It was much too soon to place a notice on the CF website about this retailer coming.

We knew about Lush and LL Bean coming to CF Champlain at least a year before they opened, and despite this, CF didn't make any sort of formal acknowledgement unit about two months beforehand. I think the situation will be similar here. We know Aritzia is coming. They just won't acknowledge it until next March or so.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 3:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Regarding Aritzia, there are currently 70 stores in Canada (close to my "rule of 50").

The majority of these stores (54) are located in the top six CMAs in Canada. As for the rest, aside from several outlet mall locations, Moncton will be the smallest CMA in the country to have this brand.

This shows the power of Cadillac Fairview, and how fortunate we are to have CF as owner and manager of Champlain Place. There are probably a dozen retailers in this mall (at least), where the retailer has a store, despite the fact that Moncton is the smallest host city in their chain.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 2, 2023 at 5:00 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 4:46 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Firehouse Subs

With RBI having Burger King, Tim Hortons and now Popeyes locations in Atlantic Canada with more Popeyes on the way one is to wonder if Firehouse Subs, its remaining asset, is far behind. I've personally never had Firehouse but I have heard good things and watched many reviews of their product. The question would be with the oversaturation of Subways in the city where could one fit into the city. Perhaps on the Northend somewhere between subway in the 1800 block and the new subway being build in the 900 block. I assume Halifax would get one first before Moncton but any on the forums having had Firehouse have an opinion on how well it might do in Atlantic Canada?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
With RBI having Burger King, Tim Hortons and now Popeyes locations in Atlantic Canada with more Popeyes on the way one is to wonder if Firehouse Subs, its remaining asset, is far behind. I've personally never had Firehouse but I have heard good things and watched many reviews of their product. The question would be with the oversaturation of Subways in the city where could one fit into the city. Perhaps on the Northend somewhere between subway in the 1800 block and the new subway being build in the 900 block. I assume Halifax would get one first before Moncton but any on the forums having had Firehouse have an opinion on how well it might do in Atlantic Canada?
Horsman Centre might be a good spot

Old Posted Oct 4, 2023, 5:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Philthy Philly's Cheesesteaks & Poutinerie is apparently planning on opening a location in Moncton

https://philthyphillys.com/

No mention as to where in the city they would open as of yet.

This is a national chain, but with a predominance of locations in southern Ontario. This would be the third Maritime location.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2023, 8:47 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Philthy Philly's Cheesesteaks & Poutinerie is apparently planning on opening a location in Moncton

https://philthyphillys.com/

No mention as to where in the city they would open as of yet.

This is a national chain, but with a predominance of locations in southern Ontario. This would be the third Maritime location.
Fourth location. They're opening this Friday in Halifax on Quinpool.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2023, 3:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The replacement for KFC in the CF Champlain food court has been revealed - Villa Madina: Perfect Shawarma

This is a national chain, currently with over 30 locations, mostly in the GTHA. They have one current Maritime location at Mic Mac Mall in Dartmouth.

https://villamadina.com/

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 14, 2023 at 1:53 AM.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 6:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Structural steel for Plaza Six at the Granite Centre is going up today.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 10:19 PM

Saw a post on Facebook, Zio's will open new place somewhere on MtRd north. No info on who is opening Zio's. 163 comments on the post.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2023, 12:14 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The vacant CRU in CF Champlain next to Spring now has construction hoarding up. This is the space apparently slated for a Tesla showroom.

Aside from the small CRUs facing Sobeys, the mall will soon be essentially completely full!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2023, 12:44 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post
Saw a post on Facebook, Zio's will open new place somewhere on MtRd north. No info on who is opening Zio's. 163 comments on the post.
It will be the previous owners son.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2023, 10:22 PM

Took a walked inside the mall this afternoon while waiting for family inside Sobeys, mall was not busy. Most stores, no customers including L.L. Bean. Store with most customers...Dollar Store.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2023, 3:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post
Took a walked inside the mall this afternoon while waiting for family inside Sobeys, mall was not busy. Most stores, no customers including L.L. Bean. Store with most customers...Dollar Store.
I was at the mall on Saturday, and I found it quite busy. Luck of the draw I guess......

Old Posted Oct 16, 2023, 12:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Construction hoarding is coming down at New York Fries in CF Champlain. Reopening is presumably imminent.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2023, 1:05 PM

The mall map on CF Champlain's website lists Just Cozy in the mall employee lounge spot. Looks like Just Cozy is on the move again. Obviously they are being moved to make room for a new tenant. Their spot is almost 5,000 square feet, (4,821sq.ft), according to the mall leasing plans.

https://shops.cadillacfairview.com/p...1de7477b681114

Old Posted Oct 16, 2023, 1:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting. Their new home will be considerably smaller than their old location (and more off the beaten track). Their current location would be quite attractive for a high profile tenant. I agree. This move heralds another new store for CF Champlain.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2023, 1:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I wonder if this could be the spot Aritzia lands up in. The (soon to be former) lululemon spot is closer to the centre court, but, I think the current Just Cozy may be a touch larger, and, this is still a high profile corridor. Hmmmm...............

Old Posted Oct 16, 2023, 1:33 PM

Quote:

I wonder if this could be the spot Aritzia lands up in. The (soon to be former) lululemon spot is closer to the centre court, but, I think the current Just Cozy may be a touch larger, and, this is still a high profile corridor. Hmmmm...............
The Just Cozy spot is larger than the current Lululemon spot, (4,821sq.ft. VS 4,508sq.ft). It's possible, because Lululemon isn't moving into their new home until February 2024 and Aritzia was recently listed as a tenant along with Tesla, then was quickly removed because of being revealed too early. Plus Tesla is already under construction right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Just Cozy moving now is because of Aritzia coming in soon to fit-up the unit.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces