HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 1, 2005, 10:19 PM
BANNED

Chicago3rd... you continue to prove how insecure you are. Whether you want to admit it or not, quit dening it's too damn obvious.

Go pick on someone your own size, like LA. I still don't see why you have the need to go against the SA forumers here as if there is something to be won.

As for your redunant question:

SA's growth is simple, lots of vacant land, being filled up by housing, humans then move into them, then babies are born, then they get older, then they die, then they come back as high rises in Chicago.

That's how it works.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2005, 3:18 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Chicago third, if you want to know specific areas here are a few...

Stone Oak, The northside in general, Northwest especially around Shavano Park and the Medical Center, Bandera and 1604, and the Judson area just to name a few....

This year, San Antonio's largest home builder D.R. Horton plans to build 4000 homes, which is a higher number than in any of the other cities that they build in. All in all this year, San Antonio will add about 12,000 new homes all over San Antonio.

As of right now the city is looking at annexing Timberwood park which is just north of Stone Oak off of Blanco Rd. and its VERY heavily disputed. Timberwood park would like to become a city, but I believe that Timberwood is in San Antonio's exterritorial boundaries or something like that. That would add about 1200 people to the pop. of San Antonio.

Alright guys, lets be nice to each other from now on. We are talking about CITIES here! not life threatening illnesses!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2005, 8:15 PM

San Antonio metro neighboorhoods are growing towards loop 46 Boerne and New Braufel areas like weeds.I love that area even though its probably 40 miles from downtown S.A.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2005, 11:37 PM
BANNED

The Great Northwest interchange (10 and 410) as of 5/31/05

410 and San Pedro as of 5/31/05

The Shops at La Cantera (U/C)

Old Posted Jul 3, 2005, 2:10 AM

Nice aerial photos of San Antonio's booming times!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2005, 8:57 AM

welcome to our problems!! SA. Welcome!!

If your city is smart, Annex like heck the way Houston did. Dallas should have.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2005, 8:57 PM
James

Well its good to be back from vacation, with so much argueing going on too! Anyway, nice shots of the highway and The Shops, I just flew in today, I had no idea where I was until I flew over Fiesta Texas and the Rim. LMAO, the man sitting behind me asked the woman next to him..."Has the Alamo always been in San Antonio, I always thought it was moved there from Houston or something." I couldn't believe it it, it was hilarious, it really put into prospective of what people perceive San Antonio to be, oh well, we can't change their point of view. But yeah, all this arguing, I kind of wish that San Antonio had a map of all platted subdivisions new and proposed so we could really see where the growth is located, besides just assuming west and northwest.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2005, 11:52 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185
..."Has the Alamo always been in San Antonio, I always thought it was moved there from Houston or something."
Ridiculously funny.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2005, 5:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185
But yeah, all this arguing, I kind of wish that San Antonio had a map of all platted subdivisions new and proposed so we could really see where the growth is located, besides just assuming west and northwest.
Drive Culebra Ave. north from 410 ro 1604.

Tons of housing going up.

Subdivions a plenty, but apartment complex's at every corner.

Also, although not in the city, far west San Antonio/Bexar county in the area west of 1604 and Potranco currently has 50,000 homes planned for the next 10 years.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2005, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texboy
Chicago third, if you want to know specific areas here are a few...

Stone Oak, The northside in general, Northwest especially around Shavano Park and the Medical Center, Bandera and 1604, and the Judson area just to name a few....

This year, San Antonio's largest home builder D.R. Horton plans to build 4000 homes, which is a higher number than in any of the other cities that they build in. All in all this year, San Antonio will add about 12,000 new homes all over San Antonio.

As of right now the city is looking at annexing Timberwood park which is just north of Stone Oak off of Blanco Rd. and its VERY heavily disputed. Timberwood park would like to become a city, but I believe that Timberwood is in San Antonio's exterritorial boundaries or something like that. That would add about 1200 people to the pop. of San Antonio.

Alright guys, lets be nice to each other from now on. We are talking about CITIES here! not life threatening illnesses!
Thanks Texas Boy. Nice to have someone on board who can discuss! I know now who to go to about San Antonio Questions. Got to love that city...wish we had a few more dependable contacts there.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2005, 7:25 PM

I don't understand. Why do you guys think Chicago3rd is insecure? Sounds like you guys are insecure. The reason that SA is getting abused in these forums is that the new census numbers make you look like a top ten US city, when nothing could be farther from the truth. How can you really compare yourself to cities which are lower on the list, such as SF, Boston, and Seattle? You in the range of Milwaukee, (in terms of metro population, and sophistication). That's the real truth. Anyway, I do think people should lay off. These discussions are getting out of hand. If you love your city, all the power to you.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2005, 7:33 PM
The Space Pope

^^^
Ha ha ha. Schizo.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2005, 7:38 PM
The Space Pope

I don't really remember anyone comparing SA to the aforementioned cities. This is an SA construction project thread then suddenly because of trolling we were seeing Chicago data (that's before I was even involved).

Old Posted Jul 4, 2005, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvinggryphon
I don't really remember anyone comparing SA to the aforementioned cities. This is an SA construction project thread then suddenly because of trolling we were seeing Chicago data (that's before I was even involved).
Very true. You got me. I just got sucked into a discussion that should have never been here in the first place.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2005, 9:12 PM
James

So anyway, did anyone notice the ParkNorth pictures weren't working, let alone a lot of them... is there anyway to fix them?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2005, 6:39 AM
constructor extrodinaire!

Quote:
Thanks Texas Boy. Nice to have someone on board who can discuss! I know now who to go to about San Antonio Questions. Got to love that city...wish we had a few more dependable contacts there.
No Prob Chicago3rd. Just tryin to keep the peace.

Quote:
The reason that SA is getting abused in these forums is that the new census numbers make you look like a top ten US city, when nothing could be farther from the truth. How can you really compare yourself to cities which are lower on the list, such as SF, Boston, and Seattle? You in the range of Milwaukee, (in terms of metro population, and sophistication). That's the real truth. Anyway, I do think people should lay off. These discussions are getting out of hand. If you love your city, all the power to you.
On a side note, I do believe that San Antonio IS the 8th largest city in the nation. Yes Boston and all those other cities might have larger TOTAL areas of housing around them, but then again alot of the surrounding suburbs are not within the city limits of those larger cities. They are their own cities themselves. Now if you would like to find the info in the total metro areas of those cities and their surrounding neighbors, then yes you are right, San Antonio would be pretty low on that list. And Sophistication wise, you can't even compare the cities. Each city has its own "flair". It may not be your idea of "sophistication", but try not to insult us too much. I love San Antonio, and find it a VERY appealing place to live. Its culture, history, and vibrant city life, I would say, is envyable by many other cities that equal its size.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2005, 6:45 AM
James

Amen, I love this guy, you would make a great Miss United States candidate, "world peace"

Old Posted Jul 5, 2005, 8:53 PM

San Antonio metro is 2 million.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2005, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownboy
The Great Northwest interchange (10 and 410) as of 5/31/05
Unbelievalble! Cannot wait to try it out! Man will be so much better than those crazy backups! And the view of downtown should be great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownboy
The Shops at La Cantera (U/C)
Looks good...maybe they could have left a little bit of more greenery in the parking lots...but should be a 1st class mall. So glad it is outside.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2005, 9:20 PM
James

Just a few pictures of the master planned community, City South, yes it is not in the core of the city, but as you can see, the development is not sparatic. And this land use right here allows for about 50,000 people to live in this amount of space.

Here is the plan for the neighborhood around the proposed A&M campus, only about 7 miles from the city core.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations