HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 12:07 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco Roman View Post
True, but that is my opinion based on having lived there and interracted with it's citizens. It's not like I've never been there and just base my opinion on what I've heard second hand. If it weren't for the snobby attitude of a large number of citizens, and the traffic issues, I would think of Calgary in a totally different light. It is a beatiful city in a beautiful natural setting; you can't take that away from Calgary.
Heh. Well, I lived in Winnipeg on and off for nearly 30 years, and believe me, that sign is very true. So there.

(The other side joke is that most people, even 'peggers, don't realize that much of the cross-border/mail-order type pharmacy activities were happening in Winnipeg at the time.)

Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 12:14 AM
Movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Heh. Well, I lived in Winnipeg on and off for nearly 30 years, and believe me, that sign is very true. So there.

(The other side joke is that most people, even 'peggers, don't realize that much of the cross-border/mail-order type pharmacy activities were happening in Winnipeg at the time.)
Well, Manitoba's economy is growing quickly, and Winnipeg is third in highest economic growth only behind Calgary and Edmonton. So as for the sign, it will very soon be a thing of the past. Winnipeg will grow, prosper and give Calgary a decent run for it's money in the next decade

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan