HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Crane View Post
Do you mean - People ( originally from Saskatchewan ) moving back to Saskatchewan? What is the actual number of people that have moved back?
Isn't that what "moving back to Saskatchewan" means?

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 2:48 PM
ABOVE people like you

Net returns minor at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayM View Post
Found something here http://www.stats.gov.sk.ca/pop/QPR%202007%20Q4.pdf showing interprovincial migration.
Thanks for the Info.
Pretty minor moving back numbers overall, this is nothing other than that of human nature of people that move away and then miss their original home province or family and move back.
I don't think this fits into the category of droves that some forumer mentioned earlier.

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the Info.
Pretty minor moving back numbers overall, this is nothing other than that of human nature of people that move away and then miss their original home province or family and move back.
I don't think this fits into the category of droves that some forumer mentioned earlier.
I have been here in Calgary for 14 years and know of at least 10 couples "Born and Raised" in Calgary that have moved to Winnipeg and Saskatchewan.. It is a cost of living and cultural reason why they move. In two cases it was so there kids could go to the Royal Winnipeg Ballet school. Something Calgary does not have or at least a quality one. Others were for jobs but mostly they cashed out on their houses and are now living mortgage free plus have a cottage..

Do you think NO Calgarians ever move out of their City?? Sometimes people just need a change and don't want to go to a bigger city like Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver. (I don't consider Edmonton a move been only 2 1/2 hours away). My sister in-law born and raised in Calgary moved to Winnipeg to go to U of M for Management school, she stayed for 15 years. She never moved back to Calgary despite her parents living here. Saying that, she is now in Toronto because she is an investment banker. She had no opportunity in Calgary unless it was Oil related, which she had no interest in.
People do leave Calgary. It is not the end all be all. As for Culture, Calgary is 40 years behind every other city that has over a half million people. Travel, learn a little and you will get why people move for different reasons besides weather.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 12:23 AM
Youth of a Nation

Quote:
Thanks for the Info.
Oh well i am not really that surprised lol. Its just word of mouth that's getting everyone hyped up.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 2:33 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

or they just get rid of the none esentials and move to new zealand lol

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 6:02 AM
Youth of a Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
or they just get rid of the none esentials and move to new zealand lol
Ya New Zealand.. whats in New Zealand..? lol

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 6:17 AM
working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayM View Post
Ya New Zealand.. whats in New Zealand..? lol
The have a large sheep population...

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 6:30 AM
Youth of a Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASKFTW View Post
The have a large sheep population...
I dunno where it was but i heard we actually have New Zealand Beef. Superstore or Safeway.. one of the two.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan