HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 30, 2007, 11:18 PM

Saskatoon River Landing

heey does anybody know what is probally going to take the place of the remai hotel and what is accually is going happen to the river landing. ive seen alot of different plans and i dont know what one is right

Old Posted Mar 31, 2007, 2:51 AM

No definite plan yet..
I believe Mayor Atch has boasted of a dozen or so calls from interested developers since the Remai pullout regarding the "most valuable piece of real estate in canada". It seems like Atch and the city hall gang still want a spa/hotel.. but its obvious that downtown just can't handle it. So you can speculate on what will take the place of the Remai hotel... condos, or as a fellow s'toon SSP forum member suggested: a science centre and IMAX. Whatever its gonna be, city hall wants a landmark of Bessborough proportions

Old Posted Mar 31, 2007, 8:49 AM

Maybe the city should build a new City Hall. What the city has currently is just plain ugly.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2007, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
Maybe the city should build a new City Hall. What the city has currently is just plain ugly.
Not a bad idea but isnt the city mired in capital projects already? I would also point out that a new city hall wouldnt do much to attract people past 5 on most nights. Then again a shiny new riverfront city hall would be awesome

Old Posted Apr 4, 2007, 7:26 PM

River Landing hotel

Well, I see it's been a while since anyone posted in here. The Remai hotel/spa proposal is officially dead. Demolition of the old Legion hall is proceeding while the city awaits other proposals for the property. In better news, Persephone Theatre is proceeding with the construction of their new theatre on the River Landing site.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 5:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm310 View Post
Well, I see it's been a while since anyone posted in here. The Remai hotel/spa proposal is officially dead. Demolition of the old Legion hall is proceeding while the city awaits other proposals for the property. In better news, Persephone Theatre is proceeding with the construction of their new theatre on the River Landing site.

Yes. Thank goodness that ugly eyesore Legion will soon be gone so that we have an unobstructed view of the grand blue box from River Landing

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan