HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

The Ferris Wheel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 13, 2012, 3:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Well, let's just say you sound very concerned that something will go wrong.

Also understand that St. George is not intended to compete with Central London. That' is not the way it works. People stand in long lines for a simple trip to the Statue of Liberty, but you wouldn't say there's a lot to do on that island either. Listen, there's always a possibility that things can go wrong, but there is really no reason to believe things can't or won't go right as far as this development goes. New York City is not run by a bunch of amateurs, and I don't think anybody involved in this proposal is in it to lose money. And all would have far more concerns about it than you or I, so if it moves forward, you better believe it's because there's a pretty good chance of success here.
-

Like I said, even if it fails, in the time that it would be in operation, it would benefit the Island. I want it built, I just hope they can get enough customers.

I'm sure they recognize that St.George gets less of a flow of visitors than the areas where some of the other observation wheels have been built. I hope their projections will be accurate.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects