HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Australia

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 10:47 PM
Closed account

Future Gold Coast

Currently, the Gold Coast is at a stage where it is experiencing a moderate level of development. In Surfer's Paradise, the Hilton development and ''Soul'' (by Jupiter Developments) are clearly contributing in a positive course towards the vision of the Gold Coast. In Broadbeach, the Oracle development in addition, is set to have a profound impact on the skyline. However, the question is:

''Where would you like to see the Gold Coast in the future? Would you prefer to see it encompass a moderate skyline with Q1 as the tallest building forever? Or would you prefer to see developments go past Q1 ranging from 400 metres and up?''

I'll look forward to hearing your opinions!

Old Posted Jan 1, 2008, 5:48 AM

ehh,let it grow some! maybe one or two new tallest.
How bout some pics?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2008, 9:43 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin55 View Post
ehh,let it grow some! maybe one or two new tallest.
How bout some pics?
Yeah I totally agree! It really does have to grow and it is obviously growing! What sort of height level do you feel is required? Here is the Gold Coast at present

Old Posted Jan 1, 2008, 9:11 PM

More densiy around Q1,and go inland. The should base there skyline of Chicago IMO. Multiple tall peaks scattered around,with A extremely dense core Of Moderatly tall skyscrapers.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2008, 9:46 PM
Closed account

Supertalls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin55 View Post
More densiy around Q1,and go inland. The should base there skyline of Chicago IMO. Multiple tall peaks scattered around,with A extremely dense core Of Moderatly tall skyscrapers.
Behind all of those towers is island waterways so are you suggesting that they should build on them? My personal thoughts are that they should start building higher than Q1! Like 400 metre buildings and higher! Chicago is a great example actually I was just thinking that actually while looking at some pictures of it online! Do you think the Gold Coast should build a supertower like the Burj Dubai or Al Burj?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2008, 11:20 PM

they need to go denser and wider. Yes,Building on the canals would be great. But no Superultra talls. Skylines dont have to be tall to look nice. IMO,Though its early to tell,Dubia Isnt A good thing to base of of. Gold coast,dubia,most asian cities are still learning how to be good cities,and some will flunk as US and European cities have in the past.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2008, 12:34 PM
www.skyscrapervideos.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperArchitect View Post
Behind all of those towers is island waterways so are you suggesting that they should build on them? My personal thoughts are that they should start building higher than Q1! Like 400 metre buildings and higher! Chicago is a great example actually I was just thinking that actually while looking at some pictures of it online! Do you think the Gold Coast should build a supertower like the Burj Dubai or Al Burj?

I love this view. I also added video of great view of your great and tallest building Q1 on my website. www.skyscrapervideos.com

Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 11:28 PM
nirvana

the gold coast is very big i recon though they should build more spread out

Old Posted Mar 1, 2008, 11:24 AM

Oh my god!!How good is that?
But I have not been there, I wish I can go there at least one time.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2008, 3:04 PM
illwaukee/crooklyn

I hate to piss on your parade, but it sounds like some of you have the understanding that there is some magical skyline artist that determines where buildings get built and shapes the skyline. It's really all in the hands of developers, they'll plop a new tower down where it is cost effective and popular. The only thing the city can do is zone and reject/approve proposals, though the most powerful tool they have in shaping the skyline is encouraging growth through transit, infrastructure, etc.

Old Posted May 14, 2008, 7:57 AM
nuttin

Actually CGII we don't really plan too well here

Checkout my Sketchup Gold Coast future . I reckon the Gold Coast needs it's own city and while Surfers is tourism orientated a new CBD could be built inland. My proposal is in Benowa on the Gold Coast Showground site

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=146478

Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 8:32 AM

looks amazing!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2009, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGII View Post
The only thing the city can do is zone and reject/approve proposals, though the most powerful tool they have in shaping the skyline is encouraging growth through transit, infrastructure, etc.
Spot On.

The Gold Coast City Council is quite weak in its dealings with Developers, it is actually well known for this trait. There have been many over build cycles followed by busts.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2010, 3:56 PM
FUS RO DAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperArchitect View Post

are those canals human made??? If not, thats a whole ecosystem destroyed! Just because its a "cool" location.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 9:43 AM

I think what they doing it is too much...they should keep the city more natural like the Sunshine Coast or Byron Bay..

Old Posted Apr 16, 2011, 2:37 AM
Architect of the future

found this image about what would happen to the gold coast when the oceans rise.

High rises would become surrounded by water so then the buildings would be connected by a series of monorails. And they'll also be sky farms, farms in old deserted buildings.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Australia