HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1101  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 6:56 PM
oldmanshirt's Avatar
oldmanshirt oldmanshirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SATX > KCMO > DFW
Posts: 1,170
Yeah, from the rendering it looks pretty modern. Its also making a pretty big impact on the STMC skyline for an 8-story, both from I-10 and 410. Were you as surprised as I was that its not going to be finished for another year or so?? That seems like a pretty long time, even for a medical building designed for several different functions.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1102  
Old Posted Jun 12, 2008, 2:46 PM
Aiphanes Aiphanes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
Yeah, from the rendering it looks pretty modern. Its also making a pretty big impact on the STMC skyline for an 8-story, both from I-10 and 410. Were you as surprised as I was that its not going to be finished for another year or so?? That seems like a pretty long time, even for a medical building designed for several different functions.
Its probably because of all the inside construction...wiring...pipes...ect...and then the installation of the medical equipement.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1103  
Old Posted Jun 12, 2008, 3:40 PM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
chardonnay
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: the upside down
Posts: 49,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
Here's some updated info on the Med Arts Plaza:

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...es_its_hi.html
Thanks.

And that's a nice photo of the emerging skyline east of I-37 there, ydoc14.
__________________
The Thrill is Gone
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1104  
Old Posted Jun 12, 2008, 6:54 PM
Big A Big A is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiphanes View Post
So it is 8 stories....not 20 stories...still a nice building...

There is a rendering of a medical building in S.A. on this site. It appears to be about 20 stories. I don't know if this building is already in the medical center, in the planning stage or if it's been cancelled. Maybe someone can post the pic.

http://www.keithschmidt.com/medical.htm
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1105  
Old Posted Jun 12, 2008, 9:35 PM
oldmanshirt's Avatar
oldmanshirt oldmanshirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SATX > KCMO > DFW
Posts: 1,170
Wow, I've never seen that building before.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1106  
Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 1:47 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,460
Here it is... looks like a Mormon building. I'd say it's 12-14 floors. I like it.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1107  
Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 4:30 PM
STLtoSA's Avatar
STLtoSA STLtoSA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 333
From this rendering I don't see this building being anymore than 10 stories.

This is just a page to show-off this architects rendering capability, I do not have any information about a project such as this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1108  
Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 6:12 PM
Big A Big A is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLtoSA View Post
From this rendering I don't see this building being anymore than 10 stories.

This is just a page to show-off this architects rendering capability, I do not have any information about a project such as this.
I count each glass section as being one story. The base of the building is at least 3 stories. The artist has 18 renderings on antoher page if you click on it. One is of the hemisphere park project and another is a building at la cantera that was built a few years ago.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1109  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2008, 7:05 PM
Aiphanes Aiphanes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 194
I just went downtown to do some business. I was driving down Houston Street...and saw a new lot that seemed like they are going to build a new building. I also saw 2 other lots or half blocks that they were clearing. It looks like some new buildings are being prepped in Downtown San Antonio. Maybe we will get more Highrises. Anybody got any inside information?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1110  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2008, 9:45 PM
oldmanshirt's Avatar
oldmanshirt oldmanshirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SATX > KCMO > DFW
Posts: 1,170
^^^One of them may have been the Embassy Suites hotel. Do you have any address info? What gave you the impression they were prepping those particular lots?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1111  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2008, 10:35 PM
Schertz1 Schertz1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 479
The STMC is getting a new building, the Gateway Medical Center. It's 128K SF on seven floors. See link for details.

http://www.daghealthcare.com/gatewaymedical.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1112  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2008, 12:36 AM
oldmanshirt's Avatar
oldmanshirt oldmanshirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SATX > KCMO > DFW
Posts: 1,170
Good find. For some reason I was under the impression that building had already broken ground.

Anybody else think this looks more like a building you'd find in Stone Oak than in STMC?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1113  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2008, 3:49 PM
Aiphanes Aiphanes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
^^^One of them may have been the Embassy Suites hotel. Do you have any address info? What gave you the impression they were prepping those particular lots?
They had it all blocked off with barriers, and there were no cars in the parking lot.
It is on the corner of East Houston, East Travis and Soledad. The river runs right by it.
Here is a google earth picture of it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1114  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2008, 3:53 PM
Aiphanes Aiphanes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 194
New Tesoro pictures



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1115  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2008, 4:02 PM
Daren's Avatar
Daren Daren is offline
REI
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gliese 581 C
Posts: 70
I know this has nothing to do with skyscrapers but I thought it would be interesting to see.
Check out this video of Ferrari cruising through north central San Antonio


http://youtube.com/watch?v=RDjw9z32r-U
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1116  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2008, 9:33 PM
oldmanshirt's Avatar
oldmanshirt oldmanshirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SATX > KCMO > DFW
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiphanes View Post
They had it all blocked off with barriers, and there were no cars in the parking lot.
It is on the corner of East Houston, East Travis and Soledad. The river runs right by it.
Here is a google earth picture of it.
Yeah, that's the Embassy Suites.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1117  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 2:44 PM
STLtoSA's Avatar
STLtoSA STLtoSA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
I count each glass section as being one story. The base of the building is at least 3 stories. The artist has 18 renderings on antoher page if you click on it. One is of the hemisphere park project and another is a building at la cantera that was built a few years ago.
That is your problem each glass section is not a floor. By looking at the scaling of this rendering I would say there are two sections per floor. One as the window and one on either side vertically. (count the stone/concrete sections vertically on the side of the building...there are seven...and if you count the little pinnacle that would be eight above possibly 3 floors, maybe 1 plus a mechanical level). So you are looking at around 8-11 floors.

Don't take any offense to any of this, it is just the way it is.

It would be a good addition to the Medical Center Skyline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1118  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 2:48 PM
STLtoSA's Avatar
STLtoSA STLtoSA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 333
It will be nice to see the Embassy Suites break ground. I walk by the lot everyday after work, I might have to start brining my camera.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1119  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 9:03 PM
Daren's Avatar
Daren Daren is offline
REI
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gliese 581 C
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLtoSA View Post
That is your problem each glass section is not a floor. By looking at the scaling of this rendering I would say there are two sections per floor. One as the window and one on either side vertically. (count the stone/concrete sections vertically on the side of the building...there are seven...and if you count the little pinnacle that would be eight above possibly 3 floors, maybe 1 plus a mechanical level). So you are looking at around 8-11 floors.

Don't take any offense to any of this, it is just the way it is.

It would be a good addition to the Medical Center Skyline.
There is no way that rendering of the medical office building is 8 floors. It looks to be 12 or 13 floors.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1120  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 10:50 PM
Aiphanes Aiphanes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 194
Does anybody have any renderings of the Embassy Suites Hotel downtown?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:19 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.