HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
2400 market and its immediate environs is basically a dead zone. The best you can say is that there are likely less homeless down there. But that makes sense, because you need pedestrian activity to attract panhandlers. Not an issue near 23rd and market- the land of parking lots. I'd bet 2400 will offer some competitive pricing based on the fact that its an unproven location.
Yeah, even at it's lowest, Market East was never a dead zone.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 2:21 AM

Another slightly different rendering from the CCRA website

http://www.centercityresidents.org/event-2224252

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 3:30 AM

4/18/16

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 12:15 PM
BANNED

I was looking at this building from Cira green over weekend trying to see any signs of activity. Couldn't make out anything from up there so Im glad to see work is progressing.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 1:14 PM

Is anything other than developer frugality preventing the construction of 2 seperate tall sleek towers instead of this enormous wall?

Why not build 1 office tower for say Aramark on the Market St side and a seperate residential tower on Chestnut St end?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palms View Post
Is anything other than developer frugality preventing the construction of 2 seperate tall sleek towers instead of this enormous wall?

Why not build 1 office tower for say Aramark on the Market St side and a seperate residential tower on Chestnut St end?
The Great Wall of Schuylkill™ will be visible from space.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 2:59 PM
Everywhere all at once

As far as shorter, wider buildings go, this is far from the worst I've seen. With it's location on the river, it almost has a Merchandise Mart in Chicago meets Navy Yard in DC aesthetic. Not the worst structures/neighborhoods to aspire to by any means. I also think it speaks to Philly's rise back up on the world stage that such a large building with this sort of layout is feasible enough that it would also have a decent design. The base especially actually seems to borrow from the style of Market East. I can't help but not hate it.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 1:42 PM

Signed on to post the Civic Design Review docs which I reviewed thoroughly yesterday, but went to the page to find that the doc had been taken down. Perhaps they're delaying their CDR appearance by a month? Or maybe they're just correcting something? Anyone have any intel?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 2:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
Signed on to post the Civic Design Review docs which I reviewed thoroughly yesterday, but went to the page to find that the doc had been taken down. Perhaps they're delaying their CDR appearance by a month? Or maybe they're just correcting something? Anyone have any intel?
Could be either of those. I'm surprised there are only 2 projects listed right now. Maybe they had to tweak the documents a little more before posting.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
Yep. I noticed the same thing. I was going to do the same last night and they were taken down by then. My guess would be they are delaying the CDR process until next month since they are planning to meet with the CCRA? Who knows.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 2:44 PM

Could it be that talks with Aramark are getting serious and the building will need to be modified? Correct me if I'm wrong but when this project was first proposed, there wasn't a lead tenant - or really a tenant at all.

Would I want a slightly taller building here or for Aramark to remain at their current HQ? My preference is for the latter.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
As far as shorter, wider buildings go, this is far from the worst I've seen. With it's location on the river, it almost has a Merchandise Mart in Chicago meets Navy Yard in DC aesthetic. Not the worst structures/neighborhoods to aspire to by any means. I also think it speaks to Philly's rise back up on the world stage that such a large building with this sort of layout is feasible enough that it would also have a decent design. The base especially actually seems to borrow from the style of Market East. I can't help but not hate it.
I agree for the most. Its a fascinating design. It just stinks that we finally have a public elevated park space and the best view of the city from there will be gone.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 6:09 PM

It does look good from the river. I'm more worried about the other side.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2016, 12:50 PM

Looks like the CCRA meeting has been cancelled at the developer's request to accommodate a redesign:

http://www.southsquaretw.org

Can't find confirmation on the CCRA website, however.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2016, 2:54 PM

I guess that's why the CDR was postponed for this as well.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2016, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39.95n View Post
Looks like the CCRA meeting has been cancelled at the developer's request to accommodate a redesign:

Thank Goodness.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39.95n View Post

http://www.southsquaretw.org

Can't find confirmation on the CCRA website, however.

Could this be a redesign for a possible tenant like Aramark?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 8:25 PM

I asked that same question last week. Time will tell!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I asked that same question last week. Time will tell!
Totally missed your post. I agree I personally would prefer they stay where they are, but I can't help but think this delay coinciding with the recent article on Aramark's interest in this location may mean they are reworking the plans for them. As you say, time will tell.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 11:47 PM

From the Center City District Report

2400 MARKET STREET

DEVELOPER:
PMC Property Group and Lubert-Adler

SIZE:
950,000 sf

RESIDENTIAL UNITS:

START DATE:
February 2016

COMPLETION DATE:

Under Construction

INVESTMENT:
$230 Million+

DESCRIPTION:
A partnership consisting of PMC Property
Group and Lubert-Adler purchased Marketplace
Design Center for $42 million in April 2014. The
property consists of two buildings, 2400 Market Street
with 370,000 sf, and 12 South 23rd Street, a six-story,
120,000-sf structure. The project is ideally positioned across from University City and 30th Street Station, and
close to Rittenhouse Square and the Central Business District. Once complete the project will help connect
Center City and University City along Market Street, leveraging public investments made along the Market
Street Bridge above and Schuylkill Banks. Plans call for the creation of a mixed-use complex by adding a
residential tower on top of the building, as well as the creation of retail and creative-class office space below
it. New retail space, totaling 65,000 sf, will be created for a grocery store, restaurant, and coffee shop.

http://www.centercityphila.org/docs/...pments2016.pdf

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive