HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 7:12 PM

Just before lunch today, a truck dropped off a pallet of concrete parking lot wheel stops.

Then, on the news I hear that Sask Power "just recently" received a request from Brightstar to move power lines. And then Brightstar saying they will start construction when they sell a few more units.

Who would buy a unit in a gravel parking lot?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 7:43 PM

Your post actually caused me to take a walk out there and see for myself (why not, it's a nice day). Yes, you're right, there are 15 of those concrete wheel stops stacked by the south fence. Which is strange, as I was under the impression that there was to be no new surface parking allowed downtown. Then again, the parking lot by the NCO Building technically isn't new, but pre-existing.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
Your post actually caused me to take a walk out there and see for myself (why not, it's a nice day). Yes, you're right, there are 15 of those concrete wheel stops stacked by the south fence. Which is strange, as I was under the impression that there was to be no new surface parking allowed downtown. Then again, the parking lot by the NCO Building technically isn't new, but pre-existing.
I will hazard a guess that they will be used to hold down the fence so they can put banners up again.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I will hazard a guess that they will be used to hold down the fence so they can put banners up again.

Yup. "John's Construction" Cadillac Escalade showed up this morning and I assume it was "John" and his Son used them to anchor the fence.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 4:57 PM

I received a response from Capital Pointe that said they are just waiting on SaskPower and that the paperwork to have that work done was just completed. He said SaskPower is on Brightstar's payroll for this.

So if they are paying to have this underground conduit rerouted...they must still be serious about putting this thing up.

I asked when ground breaking will occur, and he said as soon as SaskPower starts, because they are on their payroll.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 5:49 PM

You would think Brightstar would toss the money sooner to hedge summer home buying spurs. Any action on that site would give people an impression that something is being done and give them more incentive to plop down some cash. This people are gremlins nothing they "say" or "do" makes any wise sense.

This is the same crap they are spitting out for their 'Crates Landing' Development which is being held up by "Shoreline construction" which they are waiting to start soon in a few months (NOV 2011).

Take these scumbags to court already.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 6:37 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 8:27 PM

What a load of crap this Brightstar guy is spewing:

Quote:
Black said if people want to try and sell their contracts they are free to do so. As long as they are not trying to make a profit, he believes the buyers will probably get their money back from selling.

He says the project delays wouldn't be a big deal in a city like Calgary or Toronto. He suggested that in major centres delays aren't unusual and in projects like this they are to be expected.

Black maintains that construction will begin soon and he still feels the project will be a good investment, especially for those that got in on the ground floor.

He says from BrightStar's corporate perspective, everyone with valid purchase agreements are still tied into their contracts. Black says those contracts that are not going to be invalidated because the posession date has been delayed.

"We think people are still going to be delighted with the final product when it's completed," he said.

Black expects that once construction gets underway Molnar will have no problem selling off her stake in the project. He is confident there will be no shortage of interest once the work is visible.
Delay's do happen but it is usually prior to approvals or *during* construction. CP has not even reached construction targets yet so any delay's on their part is their own doing. Perception is everything. In Toronto builders move quick to sell of units/contracts to get the ball rolling. Many times hand shifts are made where unit owners will quickly re-sell units once construction starts and the developer may indeed buy them back to flip them again for even more money. Timming is everything. You don't achieve this with gravel lots and a lot of spin and radio jungles. Hype sells and CP has none, along with zero credibility.

It would be nice if the media could do its due diligence. Since SaskPower is a public crop maybe inquire for documents outlining the true deadlines and proposals Brightstar has made to Saskpower in regards to the utility project. Maybe the City knows something also (I doubt it).

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 12:21 AM

I suspect the Saskpower issue is rather simple - there is a cost associated with moving the lines and they likely haven't seen one cent from Brightstar - end of storey.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 6:21 PM
BANNED

New signage is going up on site as we speak.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2012, 1:17 AM

Nobody is going to buy into this POS after all the BS that has happened. Given their track record, one would have to be a complete fool to invest any money with these goofs. They can put up pictures till hell freezes over but at this point nobody but a fool will bite. The smartest thing they could do is sell the property to someone who actually has some money and backing as their cred is so low I don't blieve they can recover it.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2012, 11:00 PM
BANNED

Hey Morons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborider View Post
Nobody is going to buy into this POS after all the BS that has happened. Given their track record, one would have to be a complete fool to invest any money with these goofs. They can put up pictures till hell freezes over but at this point nobody but a fool will bite. The smartest thing they could do is sell the property to someone who actually has some money and backing as their cred is so low I don't blieve they can recover it.
Umm, well, I'm considering buying another unit in this building, I love the project, love the delays, and love the approx $15k-20k rise in price since I bought.

Here's why: It all depends on your point of view.
If you purchased here to live in a unit, I'll admit it sucks to have to wait, and it would be reasonable to be full of regret (although the +$20k rise you've seen probably still helps, right? )

But if you've purchased here as an investment, and not looking to live in your unit (like me and many other investors) - you're doing good. Firstly, you can sit back and relax, i.e. no worries of tenants, condo fees, closing costs, mortgage financing, etc, etc ... and while you're sitting back, the value of the property is still going up, at least along with the general rise in the Regina market - and the rise has been good and is projected to still be good

Next, all you complainers complain that this builder this and this builder that ... you guys don't know crap ... talking like you're in the know, making conclusion that they got no credibility ... Really, well your City Hall doesn't think so. Your feasibility guys didn't think so. Your planners didn't think so. You guys don't even do any research, just thoughts in your head spread out on this blog, because you have waaaaay to much time on your hands.

Go to your City hall, Planning Office, Floor 6. Ask them. Then spew your loser I-live-in-my-moms-basement crap.

Cry-babies ... their not building fast enough, how come I don't see any activity, but they're outsiders, but they got no credibility, wah wah wah ... what are you guys, talking like you have all the answers - you all must be billionaires, you all sound like you know how to build condos, so go out and build them, rather than posting your sissy-ass posts. Gimme a break.

(And this is where many of you nasally-non-starters start typing away "Um guys, I think he works for the condo, that's why he's writing all this" Wah wah)

Anyhow, maybe you guys just hate tall buildings. People in Ottawa use to have the same small-minded thoughts. But condos will make your pathetic downtown core proud, you need them, and you'll learn to love them.

Thank goodness I'm here.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2012, 11:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mian View Post
Umm, well, I'm considering buying another unit in this building, I love the project, love the delays, and love the approx $15k-20k rise in price since I bought.

If you purchased here to live in a unit, I'll admit it sucks to have to wait, and it would be reasonable to be full of regret (although the +$20k rise you've seen probably still helps, right? )

But if you've purchased here as an investment, and not looking to live in your unit (like me and many other investors) - you're doing good. Firstly, you can sit back and relax, i.e. no worries of tenants, condo fees, closing costs, mortgage financing, etc, etc ... and while you're sitting back, the value of the property is still going up, at least along with the general rise in the Regina market - and the rise has been good and is projected to still be good

Next, all you complainers complain that this builder this and this builder that ... you guys don't know crap ... talking like you're in the know, making conclusion that they got no credibility ... Really, well your City Hall doesn't think so. Your feasibility guys didn't think so. Your planners didn't think so. You guys don't even do any research, just thoughts in your head spread out on this blog, because you have waaaaay to much time on your hands.

Go to your City hall, Planning Office, Floor 6. Ask them. Then spew your loser I-live-in-my-moms-basement crap.

Cry-babies ... their not building fast enough, how come I don't see any activity, but they're outsiders, but they got no credibility, wah wah wah ... what are you guys, talking like you have all the answers - you all must be billionaires, you all sound like you know how to build condos, so go out and build them, rather than posting your sissy-ass posts. Gimme a break.

(And this is where many of you nasally-non-starters start typing away "Um guys, I think he works for the condo, that's why he's writing all this" Wah wah)

Anyhow, maybe you guys just hate tall buildings. People in Ottawa use to have the same small-minded thoughts. But condos will make your pathetic downtown core proud, you need them, and you'll learn to love them.

Thank goodness I'm here.
Um, wow.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 12:51 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Wow what an incredibly naive post. I really hope you work for the project and don't have personal money invested in it. You haven't made $20K yet you haven't made a single cent as there is nothing for you to flip to someone else. Had you taken you're investment and invested in some built real estate within Regina at the same time you bought in this development you would have realized more then $20K in tangible gains.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 2:57 AM

Quote:

Thank goodness I'm here.
For someone who claims to have made such a s#&! hot investment, you sure are one miserable individual. Take a pill!!!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 3:34 AM

Quote:
In light of your douchebag post I'm kinda hoping the suspected housing bubble bursts before Capital Pointe is done...

http://business.financialpost.com/20...vid-rosenberg/

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 6:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
In light of your douchebag post I'm kinda hoping the suspected housing bubble bursts before Capital Pointe is done...

http://business.financialpost.com/20...vid-rosenberg/
Lets talk about the Capital Pointe project, you morons!

Not about how miserable I am, or how Canadian real estate is in a bubble, or how I don't have $20k in my pocket until I sell ... yeah, no $hit, but this is how we measure performance. Trust me, just walk upstairs from your parent's basements and ask your parents.

Lets talk about backing your points:
- about builder being crappy. How? Why? What is City saying? What are your credentials for saying so?
- about not having credibility. How? Why? Just because you dopes aren't seeing things happening right away?
- Give us something concrete so that I'd sell my unit.

I'm all ears.

I wait for your pathetic investment advice.

PS: nice swanky condos will get you all girlfriends. Make sure you morons take that into account in your ninkumpoopish ideas.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 7:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Had you taken you're investment and invested in some built real estate within Regina at the same time you bought in this development you would have realized more then $20K in tangible gains.
True that jloser, but if you could just ask someone to read my post for you you'd see the advantage of pre-construct for an investor is that I don't have to worry about management, finance, etc headaches until the condo gets built. Especially so if you're an out-of-towner ... making some sense now.

And btw ... you guys know there's no property taxes for 5 years if you buy in the core? You guys did know this, right? It's pretty f'in awesome!!!

And another thing ... go over the last several pages and check again who the "miserable" ones are here.

You guys should not even be visiting this blog ... yet half of you guys get all gitty and prance along to the physical corner of the CP project once you hear there's some activity going on. What is that?!?

Jloser ... please, leave this crew, get a job, leave home, get a girl, and go live life. Invest. Get rich. And then come back and we can bash these morons together.

Hope this was helpful.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 7:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
True that jloser, but if you could just ask someone to read my post for you you'd see the advantage of pre-construct for an investor is that I don't have to worry about management, finance, etc headaches until the condo gets built. Especially so if you're an out-of-towner ... making some sense now.

And btw ... you guys know there's no property taxes for 5 years if you buy in the core? You guys did know this, right? It's pretty f'in awesome!!!

And another thing ... go over the last several pages and check again who the "miserable" ones are here.

You guys should not even be visiting this blog ... yet half of you guys get all gitty and prance along to the physical corner of the CP project once you hear there's some activity going on. What is that?!?

Jloser ... please, leave this crew, get a job, leave home, get a girl, and go live life. Invest. Get rich. And then come back and we can bash these morons together.

Hope this was helpful.
Wow. You have issues. Anger-management, bro.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Lets talk about the Capital Pointe project, you morons!

Not about how miserable I am, or how Canadian real estate is in a bubble, or how I don't have $20k in my pocket until I sell ... yeah, no $hit, but this is how we measure performance. Trust me, just walk upstairs from your parent's basements and ask your parents.

Lets talk about backing your points:
- about builder being crappy. How? Why? What is City saying? What are your credentials for saying so?
- about not having credibility. How? Why? Just because you dopes aren't seeing things happening right away?
- Give us something concrete so that I'd sell my unit.

I'm all ears.

I wait for your pathetic investment advice.

PS: nice swanky condos will get you all girlfriends. Make sure you morons take that into account in your ninkumpoopish ideas.
For your information, I do live in a 'swanky' downtown (Winnipeg) condo that was very analogous to Capital Pointe in terms of delays and such. I put my initial deposit down in 2006 and didn't get to move in until 2010.

You sure sound sensitive (and aggressive) about this Capital Pointe stuff.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan