HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 2:13 PM

Actually I do. But right back at you. You obviously know little about team sports and the importance of chemistry. You don't fool around with a winning lineup. Enstrom isn't the Enstrom he used to be. And this is going to be a tough series. He used to be able to make it up by speed but he's just not as fast as he was. I'm not saying the Jets will lose because they put Enstrom in but I think it's risky.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 2:15 PM

That was directed at my good friend Jets(and Toby Enstrom)4life.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 2:50 PM

The best time to put Enstrom back in is in game one. A new series basically is a reset. The chemistry and what worked against your last opponent doesn't necessarily work against this new opponent. If you wanted to introduce someone new now would be the time. I am in no way an Enstrom fan but an older slower Enstrom is still better than the younger Stuart... oh sorry I meant to say Chiarot.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 3:18 PM

The analytics crowd would show you graphs and things that prove Enstrom is still better than the most defencemen in the league. Analytics doesn't account for everything, but still shows how many goals and from where the defence let in. Enstrom is still good.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 3:25 PM
the first stamp is free

Play Enstrom till he gets hurt. He is still a top-4 capable Dman when healthy. Benny and Morrow are depth defenseman, who have done an admirable job of filling in, but talent should always trump.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The analytics crowd would show you graphs and things that prove Enstrom is still better than the most defencemen in the league. Analytics doesn't account for everything, but still shows how many goals and from where the defence let in. Enstrom is still good.
Hey, if you are going to throw around analytics and make claims about what they would or not show, then share them. Otherwise, your statement isn't worth pixels its written on.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Hey, if you are going to throw around analytics and make claims about what they would or not show, then share them. Otherwise, your statement isn't worth pixels its written on.
Play around with the advanced statistics portion to find Enstrom is actually still a very effective player and above Chiarot.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 7:23 PM

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 7:31 PM

The Jets announced a viewing party at BellMTS tomorrow.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 8:53 PM

So the Corsi numbers show that Morrow and Poolman should be picked over all the other defensemen on the team including Byfuglien and Enstrom. What I think is being missed here is the intangibles, team chemistry. You dance with the "ones that brung you" as they say. Enstrom has been out for a long time, he wasn't part of the first round victory. Morrow and Chariot bring other things, such as the physical side, in particular Chariot. Poolman and Morrow are good puck-moving defensemen, Maurice has said as much. Of course if Byfuglien, Wheeler or Scheifle are out for an extended period you are going to put them back in right away. But sorry, Enstrom is not an elite player. His absence from the first round had no impact. His propensity to take hooking and tripping penalties was also not missed.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
The best time to put Enstrom back in is in game one. A new series basically is a reset. The chemistry and what worked against your last opponent doesn't necessarily work against this new opponent. If you wanted to introduce someone new now would be the time. I am in no way an Enstrom fan but an older slower Enstrom is still better than the younger Stuart... oh sorry I meant to say Chiarot.
This is a great point and one people are missing. Toby is better than Morrow & Chiarot.

I think Chiarot might have played his way to the every-day 3LHD next season and good for him. And Morrow deserves a gold star for his play. He might have earned a contract offer as the extra D for next season.

But Toby is an (aging) elite D man who serves the Jets style with his quick first pass.

Making the change mid-series, you end up focusing on changing the winning line up. Doing it in game one makes sense.

Morrow knows why he's here and he'll be chomping at the bit to practice hard for his team and get back in if need be.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster View Post
This is a great point and one people are missing. Toby is better than Morrow & Chiarot.

I think Chiarot might have played his way to the every-day 3LHD next season and good for him. And Morrow deserves a gold star for his play. He might have earned a contract offer as the extra D for next season.

But Toby is an (aging) elite D man who serves the Jets style with his quick first pass.

Making the change mid-series, you end up focusing on changing the winning line up. Doing it in game one makes sense.

Morrow knows why he's here and he'll be chomping at the bit to practice hard for his team and get back in if need be.
I love that you agree with me and I like your points but I think Morrow in Chiarot out.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 2:36 PM

Well Enstrom only played 43 games this year because he is injury prone, but he only managed 6 pts. He has lost his offensive upside. Being an elite player takes a lot more, I would contend Enstrom was a very good player, but not elite. Regarding Morrow, some may forget he was a first round draft choice of Pittsburgh 5 years ago. By the way, he managed to pick up 5 pts. in 18 games this year. He also scored a game winner in round one.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 2:59 PM

Quote:
I love that you agree with me and I like your points but I think Morrow in Chiarot out.
That would surprise me. But we'll find out soon!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Well Enstrom only played 43 games this year because he is injury prone, but he only managed 6 pts. He has lost his offensive upside. Being an elite player takes a lot more, I would contend Enstrom was a very good player, but not elite. Regarding Morrow, some may forget he was a first round draft choice of Pittsburgh 5 years ago. By the way, he managed to pick up 5 pts. in 18 games this year. He also scored a game winner in round one.
The reason I included "aging". Toby is not the offensive D man he was. He's likely gone from the Jets (and perhaps the NHL) this summer. But he's still very good and he can play lots of minutes and plays the style the Jets need and want.

If he's healthy, you have to start him.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 3:04 PM

I completely disagree for many reasons already stated but I hope he goes out and scores a hat trick tomorrow. Time will tell.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 3:39 PM

Quote:
I completely disagree for many reasons already stated but I hope he goes out and scores a hat trick tomorrow. Time will tell.
I love that at the end of the day we all agree. GO JETS GO!!!

Side note, I've now tried twice to get presale tickets to the playoff games with no luck. They sell out in seconds.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 3:53 PM

^Try again when they release player holds on game days. You have to be paying attention though. Usually sometime in the afternoon they come out. If you're on twitter, set-up a Winnipeg Jets account notifications. So when they post you get an notif. They post when tix are released.

That being said, I was abler to get in on the first round presale and get seats (which I didn't buy as I have tix but was just for fun). I also got in on the 2 game day releases I tired and was able to get 4 seats together, numerous 2 seats together, and a ton of single tix.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
^Try again when they release player holds on game days. You have to be paying attention though. Usually sometime in the afternoon they come out. If you're on twitter, set-up a Winnipeg Jets account notifications. So when they post you get an notif. They post when tix are released.

That being said, I was abler to get in on the first round presale and get seats (which I didn't buy as I have tix but was just for fun). I also got in on the 2 game day releases I tired and was able to get 4 seats together, numerous 2 seats together, and a ton of single tix.
Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 4:17 PM

Quote:
I love that at the end of the day we all agree. GO JETS GO!!!

Side note, I've now tried twice to get presale tickets to the playoff games with no luck. They sell out in seconds.
Exactly. Go Jets!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan