14:09:01

14:19:42

14:20:09

14:21:00

14:21:50

14:26:43

14:29:02

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 7:20 PM

You had to be right on the path of it, like the moon would completely hide the sun for it to be spectacular.
I think it crossed NA from Mexico up to Canada, but only some specific regions could see the real thing.
Even a 99% eclipse would have nothing to do with the 100% thing. That's only in that situation that it gets really dark for a couple of minutes.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 10:35 PM

I was close, 70km north of it, so around 99.6%. You can see me looking west, so the left side of the sky is dark but the right side of the sky is bright. You can see in one picture the buildings are all dark and the sky is bright because I was pointing the camera north.

The declining light was not obvious at first, but I could see the shutter speed of the camera gradually decline from 1/400 sec to 1/3 sec over a period of 40 minutes. I wasn't sure how low it would go, but luckily I brought the tripod for the camera.

It was dark for around 2 minutes and half. Weather forecasted cloudy skies so I did not bother with the glasses, but the clouds did break for a bit and I could see a thin sliver. Being without glasses I avoided staring at it and focused on the landscape.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
You had to be right on the path of it, like the moon would completely hide the sun for it to be spectacular.
I think it crossed NA from Mexico up to Canada, but only some specific regions could see the real thing.
Even a 99% eclipse would have nothing to do with the 100% thing. That's only in that situation that it gets really dark for a couple of minutes.
I was in the path of totality. So were the clouds that blocked the view of it. I did get to experience a minute of eerie darkness and silence. The temperature dropped as well. Still pissed about those clouds.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos