HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 1:18 AM

wiki

The One Museum Park in Chicago. This one is my least favorite building in the city. I feel like it was put together like a puzzle and it didn't workout. The variation of the window colors also bothers me, I don't see why they just didn't stick with one blue?? Also, that silver curved thing at the top... why, how does that make it look better?? It looks like it has a bad haircut!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanvinHomme View Post

wiki

The One Museum Park in Chicago. This one is my least favorite building in the city. I feel like it was put together like a puzzle and it didn't workout. The variation of the window colors also bothers me, I don't see why they just didn't stick with one blue?? Also, that silver curved thing at the top... why, how does that make it look better?? It looks like it has a bad haircut!
without crown

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 5:56 AM
1st Ward

OMP is no where near close to the top of the list when it comes to ugly buildings in Chicago.

Behold, AT&T 10 S Canal:

Source: skyscrapercenter.com

540 ft of mostly windowless concrete housing servers and telecommunications hardware.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 5:24 AM

^ I actually don't find these type of server buildings that unattractive. I'm a brutalist fan after all so I couldn't care less about the windows. The AT&T building on congress though has even less windows and it doesn't bother me one bit, lol.

source: sloopin.com

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 5:05 PM

We have the ugliest tallest of any city our size or larger. The James Rhodes Tower-an ugly building named for an even uglier person.

*Most of the those listed in the OP I either like or am indifferent about-but the commentary was fun.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 10:05 PM

This building in Newark called the Claremont Tower is the worst. It was supposed to be a pedestrian-friendly design as opposed to the fortresses of the Gateway Center but the FBI occupies it as a Newark/NYC field office so they turned it into a fortress. Their paranoia causes them to confront anyone that dares walk on that side of the road and they have fought against the Riverfront Park that is being gradually developed behind it.

The river side of it, where the riverfront park will be

Old Posted Jun 14, 2020, 6:32 AM

Long time follower of this forum here, first time poster.

Easily the most dreadful skyscraper in New York City has got to be 432 Park Avenue. Like many, many other skyscrapers from across America, it's a big, bland, unimaginative rectangular prism, but that's not the most offensive part of it. What is truly appalling about it is that someone allowed it to be taller than the ESB or the original WTC, which gives it a dominating presence on the Manhattan skyline. What a shame! NYC is home to some of the world's most famous skyscrapers, like the ESB, the Chrysler Bldg., the Woolworth Bldg., the WTC, 30 Rock, and so many others... and instead now the most prominent and immediately visible mark on the skyline from afar is this aberration.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States