HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 3:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Further progress on Mezza Lebanese Kitchen

Retail Talk & Share photo

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 2:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It appears that construction of the new residential hospice off Pleasant Street will still start this year despite the pandemic.

Moncton offers funds for new 10-bed hospice
City council gives tentative OK to providing charity with $176,700
Shane Magee · CBC News · Posted: Apr 27, 2020 5:54 PM AT | Last Updated: April 27
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ncil-1.5546768

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 2:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

New apartment building proposed for 101 Roselin Court (in behind McLaughlin Place, near the Moncton Stadium)

Five storeys, 80 units with indoor parking. This is the last piece of land in the residential portion of the McLaughlin Place development.

Location Map:

Renders:

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 10:45 PM

Saw some work going on across the Starbucks on Granite today. Anyone know what’s going here?

Last edited by habs33; May 20, 2020 at 12:17 AM.

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Documents for the March PAC show site plans and renderings for "Plaza 5 & Plaza 6" in the Granite Centre:

Uninspiring to say the least. These new buildings will be clones of the two generic plazas that were built last year. Again, I think this is symptomatic of the fact that the Granite Centre is having difficulty in attracting tenants to this new development. None of these units appears to be designed with specific requirements for any particular tenant in mind. If I were to guess, I would suggest that all this retail space is being created purely on the basis of speculation.

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 11:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I noted this too.

I think it shows considerable balls on the part of the Granite Centre to proceed with two new generic plazas in their development, at a time when they are having difficulty filling the plazas they already have built, and doing this during a worldwide pandemic which is wreaking havoc with the entire retail industry in North America!!!

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 11:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Also, I see that they are now going full throttle on the reconfiguration of the intersection of Price Street with Elmwood Drive. Not surprisingly, there was some traffic chaos during the evening rush hour........

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 3:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage is up for the ReCar store on Elmwood, across from Granite Drive.

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Also, I see that they are now going full throttle on the reconfiguration of the intersection of Price Street with Elmwood Drive. Not surprisingly, there was some traffic chaos during the evening rush hour........
As someone who has to drive through this cluster daily, I wonder if smarter minds than mine can explain what is the likely reason they are not running the new, third northbound lane from Price Street all the way to the TCH ramp.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they are purposely creating a problem by have the new lane blend into the two existing lanes merely a few yards short of the on ramp.
What am I missing?

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 3:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
As someone who has to drive through this cluster daily, I wonder if smarter minds than mine can explain what is the likely reason they are not running the new, third northbound lane from Price Street all the way to the TCH ramp.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they are purposely creating a problem by have the new lane blend into the two existing lanes merely a few yards short of the on ramp.
What am I missing?
Good question. I also wonder why the southbound right turning lane from Granite Drive is forced to merge with one of the travel lanes on Elmwood, rather than joining directly into the exit lane for the westbound on ramp leading to the TCH? It makes no sense..........

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 4:47 PM

Think I'll have a discussion with my councillor.
It's hard to imagine why they would do this.
There must be a logical reason. I'm not one of those who throw blanket criticism over politicians and city staff but I can't imagine packing that much stupidity into so few heads.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 1:53 PM

According to Retail Talk & Share group on FB, the Mapleton Pharmacy building on Price street is completed.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 11:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
According to Retail Talk & Share group on FB, the Mapleton Pharmacy building on Price street is completed.
Photo from the Amico Construction FB page:

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 5:12 PM

Retail Talk and Share New Brunswick on Facebook posted that there's interior works being done inside the McDonald's on Granite.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1690...9244073308287/

Old Posted Jul 5, 2020, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
The lot on the corner of Elmwood and the TCH across from the Dairy Queen that was purchased not long ago has been cleared behind the house. The house is still standing so I don't think they will be building anything soon, but there is activity on the property. No word as to what will be going in yet though.
Two years later and not only has there been no construction on this site, there is a For Sale sign on it again.
Anyone know what was supposed to go there, and maybe what happened to scuttle their plans? I recall the land was priced at $1M+.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 3:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see that they are beginning site preparations for this new apartment building adjacent to McLaughlin Place:

Also, regarding McLaughlin Place, any work on the new Mezza Lebanese Kitchen is currently progressing at a glacial pace. There is still work ongoing, but they are bloody well taking their jolly old time about it. I presume this is COVID related.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 3:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have completed their work on Price Street in the new Caledonia Business Park off of Elmwood Drive south of the TCH. They've done a very nice job. The street terminates at a very permanent looking cul de sac just west of Humphrey Brook, close to the CNR mainline. They've included new hiking trails as part of the development. It's worth a drive down the street just to see what they've done.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 4:19 PM

Thanks for the update. I'll take a drive down there to check it out.
Quote:
They have completed their work on Price Street in the new Caledonia Business Park off of Elmwood Drive south of the TCH. They've done a very nice job. The street terminates at a very permanent looking cul de sac just west of Humphrey Brook, close to the CNR mainline. They've included new hiking trails as part of the development. It's worth a drive down the street just to see what they've done.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 7:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Cascabowl's Fresh Mexican Cantina has just opened on Elmwood Drive, in that little plaza in behind the Starbucks.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 8:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Lots of site prep going on at the site of the new K-8 francophone school off Mclaughlin & Leopold-Belliveau.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces