HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord1999 View Post
Looking at its location immediately north of Evanston, that area was previously part of Glacier Ridge. The ASP says Ambelton will be one of four communities (Community D) that will be carved out of Glacier Ridge.

http://publicaccess.calgary.ca/lldm0...ction=Download
Looks impressive. I guess this helps to explain why the City is expanding and building new interchanges along the 201 in the N.W.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Joe Magliocca tweeted this out about 30 minutes ago. Does anyone know anything about this new Ambelton community? I've never heard of it. Qualico's investing $500 million in it and creating 5,000 private sector jobs.

https://twitter.com/Joe_Magliocca/st...12185313746944
In the pics he tweeted nobody appeared to be wearing masks and certainly not social distancing!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 12:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Joe Magliocca tweeted this out about 30 minutes ago. Does anyone know anything about this new Ambelton community? I've never heard of it. Qualico's investing $500 million in it and creating 5,000 private sector jobs.

https://twitter.com/Joe_Magliocca/st...12185313746944
I wonder what time frame those 5,000 jobs will materialize in.

Curious how far along Airdrie will be once this is filled in.

I hope there is a reasonable about of medium density in there - that's a lot of land.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
In the pics he tweeted nobody appeared to be wearing masks and certainly not social distancing!
Huge PR event for these people--they want their faces shown!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburb View Post

I hope there is a reasonable about of medium density in there - that's a lot of land.
The jobs will be created over however long it takes to fully develop. No doubt it'll be decades.

The entire Glacier Ridge area is supposed to have 58,800 residents and 10,900 jobs. There's supposed to a minimum of 50 units/hectare. No idea if that's good or not.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 7:03 AM

What the heck is that? A look at new structures popping up around Calgary

Living in a spread-out city like Calgary means you can go months, sometimes years, without seeing new buildings in certain parts of town. Or, you might have recently noticed a new structure sprouting up along one of your regular routes and wondered, “What the heck is that?”

Well, wonder no more. Postmedia Calgary photographers hit the road this week to capture images of some of the more recent structures changing the streets and skyline of yyc.

Photos: https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...box=1601253360

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 12:26 PM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburb View Post

For a new community it's not a lot of land - it's only a quarter section as things currently stand unless they'll be developing more than that in the future. Most new communities are easily 3-4 times that size in land area, even Crestmont will eventually be built out to at least 3 quarter sections.

Edit, further snooping reveals that Ambleton appears to be community D of the Glacier Ridge plan and community D will eventually be a full section of land which is comparable to most other new communities.

As far as Airdrie, Livingston and Carrinton are closer and there's still a lot of space between those two communities and Airdrie.

With respect to 5,000 private sector jobs being created - that's all political mumbo jumbo. I'd be an example of a trade that might happen to be working in such a community but it's not like a new job has been created for me as it's just another locale that I might have to report to - no different than the multitudes of other communities both within Calgary and outside of Calgary that I work in or will work in.

Last edited by speedog; Sep 30, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 6:50 AM

I really like the "West Village tower #1....Would love to see tower #2, 8-10 stories taller!
Unfortunately, I've heard it's going to be the same height as #1

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
There's supposed to a minimum of 50 units/hectare. No idea if that's good or not.
If that's across the entire area, in my view that's not bad. If they discounted for non-residential areas (because there are a lot of them) then the number doesn't mean much.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates