HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:06 AM

VOTE FOR texas A&M San Antonio Color and Mascot

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:55 AM

Defenders is actually what I've been hoping a future NFL team would be called..

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 6:39 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Is it wrong to say that all 3 of the color choices sort of made me feel ill...?

I mean, I get the maroon thing, but why force it?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 7:20 PM

Toros sounds recycled.
Lobos? Coyotes or chupacabras, maybe
Jaguars? hmmm, how about straycats?
Defenders? The Alamo defenders lost. Is that something you want your program to strive for?
It's A&M; why not cropdusters, irrigators, inseminators, tomatillos, jalapenos...
Melons puts a lot of pressure on the cheerleading squad.

I remember seeing Roadrunners at the UTSA campus. This new college needs an identity. What will this school be known for? What is the area know for?

Rattlers are already taken. Scorpions is too close to San Antonio's love for outdated metal. What about javelinas? They're ugly and have an attitude, just like the southside. Damn! Already taken by Kingsville. That leaves buzzards.

Chupacabra is starting to sound good.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
Defenders? The Alamo defenders lost. Is that something you want your program to strive for?
If people really cared that the "defenders" lost then they prob wouldn't go visit the Alamo haha.

"defenders" symbolizes bravery and determination

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
If people really cared that the "defenders" lost then they prob wouldn't go visit the Alamo haha.

"defenders" symbolizes bravery and determination
They visit for the myth and legend. And to see the basement, apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYfjq3ZYZbA

Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post

I remember seeing Roadrunners at the UTSA campus. This new college needs an identity. What will this school be known for? What is the area known for?

Flea Markets.?.
Salvage Yards.?.

TAMUSA Pick-n-pulls?

TAMUSA Tundras?? Tacomas?

Horned Lizards? I know that's TCU(Frogs) but a little to the SE of SA, Kenedy is the Horned Lizard capital of the world(declared by the Texas Legislature in 2001.)
Their natural enemies are hawks and roadrunners.
eh, whatever.... Chupacabras sounds good.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted Sep 14, 2009, 6:19 PM

Be gentle...it's my first post.

Okay, so I figured why not throw this suggestion out there...what could it hurt?

I was thinking...what could represent SAN ANTONIO as a whole? (Since it will be Texas A&M-San Antonio, not just one side of town.) After the hamster in my head put it into over-drive, I thought what about Texas A&M - "Aviators"!! That would be awesome, huh?! Right?!!

SO...what do you think? I think it has a ring to it and serves to honor the 1st United States military flight which took place here in San Antonio at Fort Sam Houston in 1910 by U.S. Army Lt. Benjamin Foulois. It also ties in nicely with the whole "Military City USA" label that we are all rightfully proud of.

I somewhat envision a mascot team like "Raider Red" and the "Masked Rider" from Texas Tech pairing up to represent the school...only dressed/designed with a vintage aviator's uniform in mind. A school logo designed after a set of aviator wings would look awesome on football helmets, t-shirts, and anything ATM-SA related. I think this could be really cool and appropriately follow the rich military tradition at Texas A&M. It could also serve to assist the Corps of Cadets "Keepers of the Spirit" tradition by bringing in aerial reinforcements.

I was hoping to send my suggestions directly to the school via the web poll but the links are not working. What do you think? If they haven't already picked up an idea and you all think it's worth me contacting them, I will. If not, I will put the hamster in "time out" for yet another fine idea that got me into trouble!

OR....If they can't use it, I'll save the idea and pitch it to the NFL execs when they come to town looking to start a team! I'll be waiting!!!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
Defenders is actually what I've been hoping a future NFL team would be called..
Ive always been fond of that name as well.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAonFire View Post
Okay, so I figured why not throw this suggestion out there...what could it hurt?

I was thinking...what could represent SAN ANTONIO as a whole? (Since it will be Texas A&M-San Antonio, not just one side of town.) After the hamster in my head put it into over-drive, I thought what about Texas A&M - "Aviators"!! That would be awesome, huh?! Right?!!

SO...what do you think? I think it has a ring to it and serves to honor the 1st United States military flight which took place here in San Antonio at Fort Sam Houston in 1910 by U.S. Army Lt. Benjamin Foulois. It also ties in nicely with the whole "Military City USA" label that we are all rightfully proud of.

I somewhat envision a mascot team like "Raider Red" and the "Masked Rider" from Texas Tech pairing up to represent the school...only dressed/designed with a vintage aviator's uniform in mind. A school logo designed after a set of aviator wings would look awesome on football helmets, t-shirts, and anything ATM-SA related. I think this could be really cool and appropriately follow the rich military tradition at Texas A&M. It could also serve to assist the Corps of Cadets "Keepers of the Spirit" tradition by bringing in aerial reinforcements.

I was hoping to send my suggestions directly to the school via the web poll but the links are not working. What do you think? If they haven't already picked up an idea and you all think it's worth me contacting them, I will. If not, I will put the hamster in "time out" for yet another fine idea that got me into trouble!

OR....If they can't use it, I'll save the idea and pitch it to the NFL execs when they come to town looking to start a team! I'll be waiting!!!
Hmm never thought about the name Aviators. I do like it alot though! As stated aviation has always been a major part of San Antonios past.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan101 View Post
Hmm never thought about the name Aviators. I do like it alot though! As stated aviation has always been a major part of San Antonios past.
How about calling them the soldiers?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2009, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm, I would stay away from anything using "chupa" in it. Surely they will not do too good at the beginning and people will really say they "suck". It definitely is not something you want to use as "chupa.." can be used with anything else... as in part of the male anatomy; that would be downright vulgar.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2009, 5:31 PM

Quote:
It's A&M; why not cropdusters, irrigators, inseminators, tomatillos, jalapenos...
Melons puts a lot of pressure on the cheerleading squad.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 5:50 PM
Endless Moments...

The links dont work no more. Oh well...
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio