HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 4:35 PM
Philadelphia

Sweet!

I'm in SP west of Broad so i'll probably be able to see the top of it.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 7:58 PM
Endless Moments...

Oh Kewl, not to bad. I remember walking by that spot the last time i was in philly.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 12:06 AM
resu deretsiger

the view coming from the north (think 95) is going to be outrageously splendid with this addition, especially with ratr.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 7:04 PM
Corporate logo

Bryson's rendering at the top of the page has been updated.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower View Post
the view coming from the north (think 95) is going to be outrageously splendid with this addition, especially with ratr.
I live in Fishtown, and I think I will see this building clearly.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinefeld View Post
Bryson's rendering at the top of the page has been updated.
I don't see anything new?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 10:12 PM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkway View Post
Lots of little details changed and refined. Thanks Swinefeld

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 11:05 PM

The new detail makes it look strangely a lot better, not just a sheet of glass. Can't wait for it to break ground.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 1:54 AM
Corporate logo

Quote:
Here'a a little before and after.

Before.

After.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 2:52 AM

Ok now I see them, some curvature on the right front, reflections and RATR is blacked out
Thanks for the renderings

Last edited by Parkway; Nov 14, 2007 at 2:52 AM. Reason: grammar

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 3:47 AM
resu deretsiger

this buiding looks like it would complement aramark and loew's hotel perfectly

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 4:16 AM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Quote:
Ok now I see them, some curvature on the right front, reflections and RATR is blacked out
Thanks for the renderings
We might as well accept it. RATR is going to be black.
The W building obviously isn't square, There are some angles going on there behind the dark facade that I still don't understand but I tried to make it truer to their rendering. As far as I know we still don't even have an official height except for what they requested in the zoning hearing. That part of town is still a little dreary (too much brick and stone) so all the reflective glass should help to brighten things up IMO.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2007, 6:23 PM
BeenThere,DoneThat

From inside the convention center across the street. (dog show) I guess that ramp from Arch St to the back of the garage will stay?

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 10:14 PM

I always thought that it was a shame to have a parking lot so close to the convention center and to a major SEPTA hub.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 9:19 PM

Urban also has Aria in its portfolio, which has been a complete and utter failure. Not that that has anything to do with this proposal, but it's possible things are moving very slowly here until they figure out how to get Aria out of the way.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2007, 9:53 PM

w hotel

see last entry

BidClerk's daily update of Pennsylvania construction projects coming up for bid and starting construction within the next 90 days.

(PRWEB) November 20, 2007 — BidClerk, the Construction Industry Search Engine, reported today that the following commercial construction projects are planning to go out for bid or start construction in the next 90 days in the Philadelphia, PA area. Businesses interested in providing services relative to these projects should visit BidClerk.com and reference the Project ID listed below to obtain direct contact information for each job:

Philadelphia, PA - CVS Pharmacy / Philadelphia, Broad Street, 15,000-square-foot retail store, January 2008, $1.5 million. Project ID: 675786

Philadelphia, PA - Stephen Girard Elementary School Window Replacement and Wall Restoration, 1800 Snyder Ave., educational facility renovation, December 2007, $2.2 million. Project ID: 691439

Philadelphia, PA - The Church of the Holy Trinity Sanctuary Renovation, 1904 Walnut St., church sanctuary renovations, January 2008, $300,000. Project ID: 694998

Philadelphia, PA - The Zoological Society of Philadelphia - The McNeil Avian Center, 3400 Girard Ave., 10,000-square-foot bird house, December 2007, $1 million. Project ID: 693529

Philadelphia, PA - W Hotel & Residences / Philadelphia, 1200 Arch St., 250-room luxury hotel, February 2008, $150 million. Project ID: 459034

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 12:04 AM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetrella802 View Post
see last entry

Philadelphia, PA - W Hotel & Residences / Philadelphia, 1200 Arch St., 250-room luxury hotel, February 2008, $150 million. Project ID: 459034
apetrella802, Are you the Arthur Petrella that has donated his photography of the construction of One Liberty Place on www.phillyskyline.com ?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 12:34 AM

one liberty place construction photos

yes, i am that person

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 2:59 AM

w hotel construction start feb 08

we all want to know when construction is going to start on a project, a very good source for this info is the following, when contractors are ask to start bidding, you pretty much know it;s real then.

for the w hotel this info indicates a feb 08 construction start date:

BidClerk Home
Advanced Search
My Account
My Folder

What's New
Live Help
FAQ

Customers Log In here.
Not a customer? Click here to Sign Up

Email

Project ID: Project Name:
459034 Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

Project Type: Building Use: Reported: Status: Private / Public: Location:
New Construction
Site Work Hotel
Multi-Residential
Swimming Pools 11/16/2007 Pre-Construction Private Philadelphia, PA

Project Address: Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Bid Date: Est. Start Date:
February 2008

Description: Project Documents (0):
Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!
Site work and new construction of a national chain hotel in Philadelphia. Design plans are calling for a 29-story 250-room complex a 6,500-square-foot health spa, a restaurant and bar area, 11,000 square feet of meeting space and 95 one- and two-bedroom condominiums.

Subcontractor bidding is expected to begin in January of 2008 with construction starting February 2008. Interested parties should direct inquiries to the general contractor. Map: Aerial Photo:

Divisions of Work:
General Requirements, Site Work -- Excavation, Paving, Grading, Fences, Landscaping, Concrete -- Cast-In-Place Concrete, Concrete Formwork, Concrete Reinforcement, Masonry / Stone -- CMU, Metals -- Structural Steel, Metal Decking, Metal Fabrications, Metal Framing, Railings, Wood / Plastics -- Carpentry, Architectural Woodwork, Wood Trusses, Millwork, Thermal / Moisture -- Roofing, Insulation, Caulking & Sealants, Flashing & Sheet Metal, Firestopping, Waterproofing, Doors / Windows -- Metal Doors & Frames, Wood Doors, Glazing, Storefronts, Automatic Doors, Access Doors, Finishes -- Drywall, Plaster, Paint, Tile, Carpet, ACT, Resilient Floor ,Wall Coverings, Specialties -- Signage, Toilet & Bath Accessories, Fire Extinguishers, Louvers & Vents, Safe Deposit Boxes, Equipment -- Security Entrance Systems, Furnishings -- Floor Mats, Blinds, Special Construction -- Pools, Conveying Systems -- Elevators, Mechanical -- HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Building Controls, Electrical -- Wiring, Lighting, Telephone/Data Systems, Alarm Systems, Grounding

Project Contacts:
Name: Company / Address: Role: Phone: Fax:
Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Developer Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!
Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Project Contact Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!
Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Architect Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!
Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Architect Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!
Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! General Contractor Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

Click here to view a Sample Project with complete details.

Post Your Advertisement Here

About Us Contact Us Log In Sign Up Construction Bids Home Remodeling

Testimonials Site Map Terms of Service Privacy Policy Frequently Asked Questions

All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
in any medium without prior written consent of BidClerk and Builders Information Group, Inc.

Copyright 2007 BidClerk / Builders Information Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 12:22 PM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetrella802 View Post
yes, i am that person
The pictures are wonderful. Thanks for allowing Bradley R. to post them. You were an SSP photographer way before the internet was around.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive