HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Thanks Robag. Well, there will be about the same number of seats available for the Canadian flights listed above, and a dramatic increase of seats (probably 2X) for MSP.
I think the CRJ900's are here for about a month for hunting season, and then they transition those to the CRJ700. Still better than the 50 seater CRJ's. And if I'm not mistaken, there is no plan in place to return to the CRJ's when spring hits. Delta has been very active in replacing the CRJ's with CRJ700/900, as well as E170/175's in their fleet.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2015, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
I think the CRJ900's are here for about a month for hunting season, and then they transition those to the CRJ700. Still better than the 50 seater CRJ's. And if I'm not mistaken, there is no plan in place to return to the CRJ's when spring hits. Delta has been very active in replacing the CRJ's with CRJ700/900, as well as E170/175's in their fleet.
Going back years it has always been that way with Delta (and Northwest before them) on the Saskatoon flight. Small regional jet during most of the year and during hunting season it is 757 or DC-9 or A319/320.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 8:57 PM

The office portion of the Flight Services building has been levelled. (I don't know why though as yet.)

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 5:31 PM

Hey, does anyone know anything about a new air service that will serve northern Sask? I heard something about this on CBC Radio, but I didn't hear what carrier it's to be.

Thank you in advance.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Hey, does anyone know anything about a new air service that will serve northern Sask? I heard something about this on CBC Radio, but I didn't hear what carrier it's to be.

Thank you in advance.
It's West Wind adding La Ronge to its service

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...sask-1.3309941

Old Posted Nov 12, 2015, 12:36 AM

Thank you birthgob.

There's a third Tim Horton's going into YQR's terminal. Subway will be open 24 hours.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 4:29 PM

The second half of the new Airside Ops building will be going up soon; the beams and trusses are now onsite. All that work is visually transforming the airport on a daily basis.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 12:19 AM

Another small airport update here:

Apron IV is now completed and is illuminated with LED lights. The new road that will access the southern part of the new hangars is complete and lit. Landscaping is akin to Harbour Landing --- gorgeous!!!!

The Regina Airport grounds have been very attractive in the past 20 years; however, things continue to improve --- and at an increasing rate.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 4:06 PM

What do you think will be the next announced new destination for YQR, or even expanded service within the domestic market? I'm surprised there are such few flights from Vancouver. I also wish we had a permanent flight to Ottawa or Montreal, or Halifax.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 6:33 PM
Heart of the Continent

We don't even have Halifax (well, we have direct with a stop - in Montreal now I think) so I wouldn't count on that one. I'd say Montreal would be the most possible out of those. Your problem though, is really the same as ours. If there's a larger, more hub like airport between you and any destination, you'll probably have to stop there. For us, it's Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa. For you, it's Winnipeg and Toronto.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2016, 6:39 PM

Have you guys seen the airside of the airport terminal as-of-late? Ewwww. The airside is now looking akin to a prison. ( . . . at this time.)

Hopefully, they will remedy that during the major expansion of the terminal.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2016, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Have you guys seen the airside of the airport terminal as-of-late? Ewwww. The airside is now looking akin to a prison. ( . . . at this time.)

Hopefully, they will remedy that during the major expansion of the terminal.
Which airport?

Old Posted Jan 2, 2016, 11:22 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Which airport?
Regina

Old Posted Jan 3, 2016, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Regina
Airside as in terminal or? I just flew into Regina on the 25th and left on the first back to Toronto. Didn't have any negative feelings towards the airport visually, unless Skydive is talking about the monkey bars of steel?

I hope there is a plan for the jetways to get new carpet and maybe some signage inside or maybe glass extensions. I had a stop over in Winnipeg on my way to Toronto and the new glass bridges to and from the aircraft are beautiful!!!!! They did a fantastic job with that airport.

Another thing I noticed was the fact that Regina right now doesn't have a common use area regarding your plane coming in and then getting off the bridge to an area to connect to another flight. Right now if you do have a connecting flight you either will make the wrong decision to exit down to the baggage area in which you will have to redo security or to walk around the hallway confused regarding where to go. This happened as I observed to 8 people while I was waiting for my flight out of Regina. It was like they were fish in a glass bowl swimming around in circles with no where to go lol. Does anyone know if this problem will be addressed in the expansion design?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2016, 2:53 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Airside as in terminal or? I just flew into Regina on the 25th and left on the first back to Toronto. Didn't have any negative feelings towards the airport visually, unless Skydive is talking about the monkey bars of steel?

I hope there is a plan for the jetways to get new carpet and maybe some signage inside or maybe glass extensions. I had a stop over in Winnipeg on my way to Toronto and the new glass bridges to and from the aircraft are beautiful!!!!! They did a fantastic job with that airport.

Another thing I noticed was the fact that Regina right now doesn't have a common use area regarding your plane coming in and then getting off the bridge to an area to connect to another flight. Right now if you do have a connecting flight you either will make the wrong decision to exit down to the baggage area in which you will have to redo security or to walk around the hallway confused regarding where to go. This happened as I observed to 8 people while I was waiting for my flight out of Regina. It was like they were fish in a glass bowl swimming around in circles with no where to go lol. Does anyone know if this problem will be addressed in the expansion design?
I haven't flown in a little while, but I didn't remember anything overly terrible from my last experience either... Could certainly use some updating/improvements though; definitely looking forward to seeing what the expansion/redesign will look like.

I'm guessing there'll be some more room in the arrivals/departures area post-renovation. Can't see many people using Regina as a connecting airport though, kind of surprised there were even 8 for you to observe when you were there.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2016, 2:10 PM

Quote:

The airside. (Outside, . . and most noticeable during the day; it looks akin to a bunker or blockhouse.)

I'm willing to bet that the next expansion will address the post-security area as completely common, . . . for sure in the new portion of the terminal. The arrivals area will be challenging with regards to joining the old and new post-security areas upstairs. We'll see.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 4:25 PM

There was an announcement this morning in Winnipeg about NewLeaf. Service will include Regina and Saskatoon. ( + 5 other cities.)

Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 4:44 PM

Quote:
There was an announcement this morning in Winnipeg about NewLeaf. Service will include Regina and Saskatoon. ( + 5 other cities.)
Hopefully someone can find an actual full schedule. I assume you would generally need to travel through their YWG hub. It would be nice to see the connection times. I think they have just a few p[lanes so it should be pretty simple

Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Hopefully someone can find an actual full schedule. I assume you would generally need to travel through their YWG hub. It would be nice to see the connection times. I think they have just a few p[lanes so it should be pretty simple
"Non-stop flight from Saskatoon-Kelowna is $89.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I just put in a couple days and tried various destinations. Looks like they are offering a direct flight from Saskatoon to Abbotsford on Fridays. Leaves Saskatoon at 11:40 am lands at 11:42 and returns back right after landing, departing at 12:30.

So not everything will be routed through Winnipeg which is nice. A list of when they fly what routes would be helpful in trying to book though. I'm sure it will be coming in the days to follow.

Doubt I'll fly with them all that often but always nice to have a little more competition in the market. They also say on their site that they'll be flying to some sun destinations as well in the future.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan