HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 6:20 PM

^ If those two lots filled up with something at least 15 storeys tall, then that strip of Graham from Main to Edmonton would easily be Winnipeg's most legit urban canyon.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris22 View Post
Tell me about it. I was expecting structural steel last fall and I check the live cam everyday hoping to see a beam. Hopefully within a couple weeks? Anyone have some inside info on this?
Won't be seeing more steel until May. Once it starts coming though it should go up quick.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I was thinking it is maintained. There is an area of the building that extends higher than the roof of the hollow cored area, in which Goodlife will be it seems. And this is right overtop of where the opening is to the square. They didn't install any beams or anything over the opening. Just framed it in with drywalll to cover it during construction. My thoughts anyways. We'll see.
Supposed to be an escalator going down to the square in that spot, with skylight above (where the roof of 330 is raised a bit).

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 8:13 PM

Oooh, cool. Thanks for the info!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 8:35 PM
What could go wrong?

Next Page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
Next Page:

"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 4:27 PM

Quote:
I was thinking it is maintained. There is an area of the building that extends higher than the roof of the hollow cored area, in which Goodlife will be it seems. And this is right overtop of where the opening is to the square. They didn't install any beams or anything over the opening. Just framed it in with drywalll to cover it during construction. My thoughts anyways. We'll see.
I saw that but couldn't figure out how they'd handle the ground floor of GL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman49 View Post
Supposed to be an escalator going down to the square in that spot, with skylight above (where the roof of 330 is raised a bit).
That's cool, seems like it'd take a big chunk of the GL area, right in the middle though. And I guess that means there will be some sort of lobby area on the main floor... very curious to see how they lay out GoodLife as with those things taking up space, doesn't seem like a very large location for GL, being on one floor. Seems especially odd considering the main reason GL wants out of 201 is because it's too small and the wraparound layout is awful for a gym.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 4:54 PM

The middle section makes quite a difference on the streetscape along Main Street, but somehow it is barely even noticeable along Fort.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
The middle section makes quite a difference on the streetscape along Main Street, but somehow it is barely even noticeable along Fort.
It doesn't go all the way to Fort, only half the width of the block.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 6:42 PM
What could go wrong?

Core was jacked up again yesterday.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 6:55 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Looks like the crane is extending upwards today too.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 7:03 PM

Looking forward to how tall it's going to be in another few months

Isn't the crane feeling nice? Someone posted a shot that showed all 3 downtown cranes in the same view which was cool

We'll see a few more for TNS towers 3 and 4 too

Old Posted Mar 24, 2019, 5:45 AM

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Mar 24, 2019, 4:11 PM

330 has gone up remarkably fast. Crazy they're already like halfway through closing it in.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post

That's cool, seems like it'd take a big chunk of the GL area, right in the middle though. And I guess that means there will be some sort of lobby area on the main floor... very curious to see how they lay out GoodLife as with those things taking up space, doesn't seem like a very large location for GL, being on one floor. Seems especially odd considering the main reason GL wants out of 201 is because it's too small and the wraparound layout is awful for a gym.
Pretty sure goodlife is just along the front side on Main St. This is behind goodlife.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 3:27 PM

I can confirm the crane was raised. Much more visible over the other buildings now.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 4:04 PM
What could go wrong?

Core appears to be at approximately floor 7.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 4:49 PM

Quote:
It doesn't go all the way to Fort, only half the width of the block.
300 is only half the block, 330 goes all the way to Fort

Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 1:53 AM

Oh right, when 330 was still going to be 3-4 floors, those additional ones were only on the east half.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Based on the fact that GoodLife will be occupying the main (now only) floor of 330, I'd say it's fair to assume the skylight to Winnipeg Square won't be reopened, which is a bit of a shame – feels much different (worse) down there now. Oh well.

They've been tearing down some of the concrete wall/planters on the sidewalk/loading loop. The renders didn't really detail these areas much, curious to see how it turns out. I'd like to see the loop feel a little more "open" to the sidewalk. I'd also sacrifice the planters along Main for more sidewalk space, as that's a really busy bus stop and the sidewalk is tiny. Nowhere to hide from getting splashed by mud puddles lol.
There is still a skylight that will be visible from the concourse!
Quote:

It was never part of the GL area I don't think, always public.

GL is only taking the back portion (about 75% I think) of 330, but obviously gets signage/exposure and entrance from the front. Front portion is CRU space along the parking look. A hallway dividing CRUs and GL will connect 300 to 330 and eventually 360 through that old archway in the 360 lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Really? Obviously there is little street interaction back there, but considering that the main floor is quite high relative to the street, and that 330 is quite tall, it looks like almost 2-3 stories tall back there when I drive by.
Quote:
Pretty sure goodlife is just along the front side on Main St. This is behind goodlife.
Nope, they take the back 3/4 of 330.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Core appears to be at approximately floor 7.
So many floors yet to go

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan