HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Park Michigan in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 17, 2007, 3:26 AM
Yippie Ka Yay!

Arrow DUBAI | Trump International Hotel and Tower | 270 M Pinnacle | 62 FLOORS | ON HOLD

Okay, there is another Trump tower proposed but this time its in the trunk of the Palm Jumeirah. 38 floors, Residential and Hotel, construction is supposed to start in March '07 last I heard.

Trump International Hotel & Tower, The Palm Jumeirah to be the pinnacle of 21st Century Living

Nakheel, the UAE's premier property developer and Donald J. Trump Jr. today revealed further details of the Trump International Hotel & Tower, the centerpiece of The Palm Jumeirah.

The new design - a collaboration between The Trump Organization and Nakheel Hotels & Resorts, Nakheel's hotel and resort investment company - was unveiled earlier this week. Speaking on Nakheel's stand at the Arabian Travel Market, the pan Arab region's leading travel industry event, Donald J. Trump, Jr. Executive Vice President of Development and Acquisitions, The Trump Organization discussed the composition of the property, which is destined to become a stunning landmark on the skyline of Dubai.

Donald J. Trump Jr. commented: 'The Trump International Hotel and Tower, The Palm Jumeirah is a 48 storey mixed-use condo hotel and residence comprising a 300 room condo hotel and 360 free hold residential apartments. The property will pioneer the condo-apartment hotel concept in the region, a concept that has been highly successful in our properties around the world."

'It will provide a unique opportunity to own an elegant and contemporary appointed hotel suite in the heart of The Palm Jumeirah, one of the world's most exciting real estate developments and destinations. A condo-apartment serves as a convenient in-town pied-a-terre for those seeking a second or even third home, with the benefit of Trump's superlative service. When not occupied, the client will have the ability to make their suite available through the hotel's rental program. '

Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman, Nakheel, stated: 'Dubai hotels recorded US$2.15 billion in 2005, up from US$1.5 billion in 2004. There are a high number of repeat visitors on both business and leisure and the condo apartment hotel concept provides the opportunity for corporations or individuals to purchase a suite, which they can use for a certain amount of the year and benefit from the profits made on it as a hotel room for the remainder of the year. Further, we expect the property to appreciate over time, creating greater asset value.'

Residents in the 360 freehold residential apartments will experience the same world-class amenities, services and facilities as hotel guests, including exclusive access to a private beach and yacht club with tennis courts, gymnasium and fitness centre, stylized pools and gardens. All guests will experience Trump's renowned extraordinary service, with The Trump Touch concierge services providing a luxury unsurpassed in the region.

'This is a residence that will be the pinnacle of 21st Century living' commented Donald Trump Jr.'

The property features an observatory viewing gallery and a number of five star restaurants located at the apex of the building, which will offer unparalleled views of Dubai and the Arabian Gulf. A number of Sky Gardens - landscaped lobby areas - positioned on a number of floors throughout the property will provide further viewing points

A Sky Lobby, suspended above the shallow, tranquil canal that flows up the centre of the trunk and the state-of-the-art monorail that traverses the length of the island, will create a grand sense of arrival, whilst lower floor retail will provide a natural progression of The Golden Mile, the exclusive residential and retail boulevard which lines the trunk's west side.

'The design also features a number of boutique offices, available for purchase or rental', Donald Trump Jr. continued. 'These will be arguably the most prestigious business addresses in Dubai.'

Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem continued: 'Like The Palm Jumeirah, the Trump International Hotel & Tower will be a powerful symbol of Dubai's intent to become a 21st century showcase of daring and breathtaking pieces of architecture. Once complete, it will be an inspirational landmark, an icon of Dubai and a representation of the Middle East: prosperous, dynamic and successful.'

The Trump Organization will have sales, marketing and management responsibility for the property, with Nakheel Hotels & Resorts responsible for development. Construction will commence in late 2006, with sales launching in 2007. It is expected that the property will be completed in 2009.

Cool big render:

Old design:

Enjoy!

Contestant's answer: Because they have no balls to scratch?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2007, 4:25 PM
World Machine

I'm a big fan of Trump, but this one just aint calling to me. I personally like the old one better.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 1:43 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

i love this building!!

i just see it more of a high tech company building than a fancy residental highrise
i agree with Dac150 the other design looks fancier
i still love it though

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 4:10 AM
Pacific Wonderland

Oh, this is so much better than the mating beetles.

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 4:16 AM
Everywhere all at once

I'll say this......it's an improvement from the first design, and it's intriguingly futuristic. (did I spell that right? intriguingly...it doesn't look right..but I don't know....) It stands out from some designs in Dubai, but not all. All in all, it's above average. It's a B+ building.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 5:26 AM
Yippie Ka Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
Oh, this is so much better than the mating beetles.
Looks like four golden cockroaches humping a brick.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 2:33 PM
The True Avatar

I really like the new design better too. The last rendeering though looks as if it came off a screen shot from Star Trek: TNG, DS9, or Voyager.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 3:47 PM
Dubai goes Crazy

cool, construction start maybe this month

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 5:38 PM
BANNED

And future Dubai continues to look more and more like a futurecity spaceport...

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 6:09 PM
World Machine

I like how the monorail runes underneath it. Just the little things like that make a city in my mind. I guess I can level off and say I like the design.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 7:43 PM
TL;DR

Wow. All these projects in Dubai are starting to remind me of the box art for SimCity 2000, or the game with the Future tileset loaded. Lots of spires, pinnacles, monorails running through buildings, etc.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 8:04 PM
World Machine

Dubai to me is at time considered one big game

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 10:56 PM
Impossible to work with

They both look awful.. to me...

Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 4:19 AM
+

Absolutely Stunning !!!!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 8:33 PM

The new design is amazing, arguably better than any other Trump-branded building.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 9:27 PM
Original Member since '99

this is doing it for me. and im especially glad the old one was scrapped

Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 10:44 PM

Very cool. Why cant he build somthing this nice in America. It looks a little bit like the thing they want to build in las vegas.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 9:07 AM
SSC Fan!!!

255m That's not bad for a Palm Tower!!!

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 3:52 AM
Yippie Ka Yay!

Pictures by Imre

Ze location in ze palm. (Read with cheap, French accent)

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 7:05 PM

Wow! Even Dubai is getting a skyscraper!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive