HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
You are correct, but I almost need a secretary or assistant hahaha. Flickr and Imgur seem to stay much longer - if not forever. However, now instead of just copying and posting the images from the articles and links on Philly.com, Philadelphia Business Journal, etc., I now have to go several extra steps and save them to my computer, upload them to Flickr, and then post them on a site. I know it may not sound like a lot, but everything I already do is very time consuming, and this would just take even more time.
With Imgur you can just input the image url into the upload box. No need to download to your computer.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
With Imgur you can just input the image url into the upload box. No need to download to your computer.
Very nice. I will try to start using Imgur then.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Very nice. I will try to start using Imgur then.
If you're using Chrome or Firefox, there's an extension that lets you upload to Imugr and host with one right click.

Chrome

Firefox

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbot View Post
If you're using Chrome or Firefox, there's an extension that lets you upload to Imugr and host with one right click.

Chrome

Firefox
I use Chrome at work and Firefox at home, so thanks! Haha

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 11:52 PM

Any Safari shortcuts for Imgur?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Any Safari shortcuts for Imgur?
Try here or here.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 4:10 PM

ugh

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 2:30 AM

More Residential Towers Coming Near North Broad

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...Y7EcWppyIH0.99

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 5:06 PM

2-tower ‘Hamilton’ project near North Broad clears Civic Design Review

Quote:
Michael Ytterberg of MY Architecture explained during his presentation that the first phase of construction will include the shorter, 11-story residential tower, the interior garden/amenity area, and 150 parking spaces.

The second phase, which will follow “after a couple of years,” will feature the second 16-story residential tower that will be built on the parking lot. During the first phase, the lot will be used for parking and include some landscaping to enliven the space.
http://philly.curbed.com/2017/1/11/1...broad-approved

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 8:50 PM

Quote:

ehh, I despise phased projects.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
ehh, I despise phased projects.
Agreed.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 1:02 AM

Quote:

Well see you in a decade 16-story tower

Old Posted Feb 2, 2017, 3:32 AM

From Radnor Property Group's Website:

Quote:
Radnor Property Group is the developer, owner and asset manager of this $129 million, 504,000 square foot mixed-use development on the Community College of Philadelphia’s campus and near Philadelphia’s burgeoning Museum District neighborhood. The project is comprised of two buildings standing at 10 and 16 stories, including 290 units (Phase I), 210 units (Phase II), 3,300 square foot ground floor retail, community plaza/garden, underground parking, and residential amenities including a fitness center, game room, library, communal kitchen and rooftop deck with spectacular views of downtown.

The apartments will be marketed to the Community College’s international students, students of Drexel’s Medicine and Nursing Schools, and young professionals providing studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom units. The project is zoning compliant and the design phase is underway. Construction is planned to start in spring 2017 with completion in summer 2018 (Phase I). The development is in partnership with the Community College via a long term ground lease arrangement.
http://radnorproperty.com/projects/the-hamilton/

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 3:28 PM

Groundbreaking Set for May

10-story Hamilton tower in Logan Square to break ground this spring

The first phase of the Hamilton, a residential development planned for a parking lot in Logan Square, is aiming for a May groundbreaking, the developer told Curbed Philly.

After sailing through the Civic Design Review process in January, the $130 million, two-phase, by-right project will begin construction at 440 N. 15th Street on the first 10-story residential tower this spring and expects to deliver the apartments by the end of summer 2018. The second phase will include a taller, 16-story tower.

“We have a lot of work to do ahead of us, but we have our zoning approvals and everything is in place,” said developer David Yeager. “We’re proceeding with our design development drawings and construction documents, plus making sure we’re staying on budget so that we can commence construction on time.”

The first phase is expected to cost $80 million, according to Yeager.

The Hamilton is a public-private partnership (P3s) between the Community College of Philadelphia and Radnor Property Group, which was awarded the RFP for the project. The 600 residential units, a mix of efficiency studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom apartments, will be geared toward international students and young professionals.

The site already includes some infrastructure, including an old Philadelphia Inquirer below-grade warehouse, which has allowed for some cost-benefits. The warehouse will be retrofitted into underground parking. In addition, the 10-story tower will use the existing foundation of what’s currently a two-story parking garage. “That structure was built in the 1960s and it’s incredibly well-built,” said Yeager. “So there are some advantages by using the existing foundation systems and piggybacking on that in this overbuild.”

Phase 1 will include 280 units and the amenities build-out, which will include a fitness room, library, game room, conference center, a coffee shop, and a courtyard. Yeager explained that in order to stay competitive with the surrounding luxury apartment developments, the Hamilton’s units will be more efficient and smaller in size, while the amenity spaces will be maximized.

It’s a trend that Radnor Property Group has noticed in its past P3 projects, which include 3737 Chestnut with Philadelphia Episcopal Cathedral and Vue32 with Drexel University. “There continues to be this push for optimizing unit sizes and making them more efficient. So we’ll reduce the size of units, but enhance the quality of the amenity space,” Yeager said.

The second phase will follow with a 16-story tower on what’s currently a parking lot, with 320 more units and a community roof deck. The taller tower will enclose the private courtyard.

The second 16-story tower of the Hamilton will enclose the private courtyard.
Over the multi-construction phase, Yeager sees the Hamilton bringing some much-needed activity to a large swatch of currently underutilized space in Logan Square. “It’s sort of a contained space if you will, but now with the ability to enliven the sight with a space that’s really going to be activated by, 750 to 850 people—it’s really going to help the connectivity from that part of town into Center City, to Hahnemann Hospital to the Comcast Tower.”

-CURBEDPHILLY 2/6
http://philly.curbed.com/2017/2/6/14...groundbreaking

Last edited by summersm343; Feb 6, 2017 at 3:50 PM. Reason: Please post the links to the articles

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 1:24 AM

Spring 2017 start date for this according to the Center City District report:
http://centercityphila.org/uploads/a...2017-final.pdf

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 4:47 AM

5/28/17

Zoning permit up

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 1:23 PM
BANNED

I guess that May groundbreaking isnt happening.

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I guess that May groundbreaking isnt happening.
I was thinking the same, unless they do it later today or tomorrow...maybe the groundbreaking with the little shovels ceremony?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 7:19 PM

I saw some movement on the site today. I go by this everyday so I will grab some photos if anything happens.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 4:25 AM

It appears that demolition of the existing structure is about to begin!

Temple University '18 ']['

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive