HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 1:37 AM

downtown Calgary, circa 1970s

Howdy all!

First-time poster here, have some posts in 'that other major Alberta city's' forum under same handle.

Lived in Calgary full-time from 1973 to 1992 then off-and-on until 1994. Have fond memories of the popular downtown improvements in the '70s, one being the creation of Oxford Square and Devonian Gardens (anyone remember the irresistible smell around the CinnaBon kiosk?)

Another fave stop for food was the restaurant atop the downtown Bay store on the sixth floor. Could any other old-timer like me please remind me of that restaurant's name? Lots of gooood meals were served there!

I'm sure I'll be dragging you all down memory lane in Calgary again soon! lol

'bertan

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 2:34 PM
My Spoon Is Too Big

Unfortunately the Devonian gardens was renovated into a something that's more like a food court with big planters than the jungle it once was.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy