HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
I believe that is correct. Renovation and a small vertical expansion.
A small but strategic renovation that will add 44 units that differ from a high-rise, more loft oriented. And complete the Franklin street wall. Truly a filler till the next tower.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 1:47 PM

A recent piece on the second tower from YIMBY.

GOD I really hope this entire mega project pulls through, this is probably my #1 most anticipated development in the entire city.

I wouldn't be surprised if the timeline get's pushed back from the revised 2026 date. Or they would need to hit ground on three 500+ footers by the end of the year. Still really hoping at minimum the next tower goes ahead before the EoY.

Article:
Exterior Work Nears Completion For 868 N Wells Street In Near North Side

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 6:01 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamy-developer View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the timeline get's pushed back from the revised 2026 date. Or they would need to hit ground on three 500+ footers by the end of the year. Still really hoping at minimum the next tower goes ahead before the EoY.
I hope they can pull that off, It's time to step up the development game, in many other cities that (and much more) would be totally possible.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 7:59 PM

FWIW - Their original timeline on the northunion.com site was out to 2028 I believe. The current timeline on there was moved up from that a couple years and was a lot more ambitious. So in a sense they're still on track with that original timeline.

They bought the land, have it partly built out, and already completed a super large project down the street perfectly (OCS) - I think they'll complete it within the next 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamy-developer View Post
A recent piece on the second tower from YIMBY.

GOD I really hope this entire mega project pulls through, this is probably my #1 most anticipated development in the entire city.

Article:
Exterior Work Nears Completion For 868 N Wells Street In Near North Side

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickellBased View Post
FWIW - Their original timeline on the northunion.com site was out to 2028 I believe. The current timeline on there was moved up from that a couple years and was a lot more ambitious. So in a sense they're still on track with that original timeline.

They bought the land, have it partly built out, and already completed a super large project down the street perfectly (OCS) - I think they'll complete it within the next 4 years.
Exactly with the speed they pulled off OCS I don't have any concern

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickellBased View Post

That's probably the one thing that keeps me believing the pace of the project means little, JDL have not disappointed Chicago yet, and I have a lot of faith in them that they'll pull through with it.

Wasn't trying to be all "doom and gloom", just really hope to see something on this dev soon.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction