HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 2:32 AM

At the bottom of this article it mentions that a new entrance will be introduced on the Cineplex side of the mall. The image however makes it look like that the entrance will be near the food court. I’m a little confused. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...plex-1.4991368

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 12:06 PM

Yeah a little misleading by showing that entrance pic but The Rec Room entrance is indeed across the hallway from Cineplex and uses the same entrance as you enter from inside the mall. Cineplex on the left, Rec Room on the right.

The pic from the cbc article shows the new west entrance under construction of the mall through the food court which is now called Intermission again, a name they had on it back in the 1980s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET View Post
At the bottom of this article it mentions that a new entrance will be introduced on the Cineplex side of the mall. The image however makes it look like that the entrance will be near the food court. I’m a little confused. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...plex-1.4991368

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 1:46 AM

Ahh, the wording made me think there would be an entrance to the Rec Room from the outside of the mall. But I’m probably mistaken.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjavman View Post
Nothing telling on the CR website. I wonder if Wendys is moving across the street? They have a boxed in drive thru there when it's busy. Maybe they want to duplicate Village Mall pad?

That's a possibility, and their drive thru is a little cramped for space that's for sure. However, I believe Wendy's has been renovated recently. I can't really see them moving shortly after renovating the current location. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
That's a possibility, and their drive thru is a little cramped for space that's for sure. However, I believe Wendy's has been renovated recently. I can't really see them moving shortly after renovating the current location. Who knows, stranger things have happened.
Yes that Wendys was just renovated in the past year. Also I can't see moving directly next to McDonalds being a solid move for them. But what do I know really lol.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 4:46 AM

Showcase is now open.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlie_Steve View Post
Showcase is now open.
Which part of the mall?

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 10:30 AM

They are opened in the new section just as you approach Winners. NL Chocolate Factory is moving on the corner opposite Winners too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswally View Post
Which part of the mall?

Last edited by Arrakis; Oct 21, 2019 at 3:34 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 3:38 PM

Was just at the Mall wondering around. Some stores are moving to new locations within the mall. Envy is moving into the former space occupied by Pseudio.
Clarie's are moving into the former maternity store across from the former Pseudio.
NL Chocolate Factory are moving out into the new area on a corner lot across from the new Winners. Showcase is also now opened there too in the new section leading into Winners area.

The new Intermission Food Court is coming along and is getting much larger. The entire area that was taken up by the old back entrance in the food court is now all seating. Really nice looking seating too with partitions and banquette seating, plus also pub style seating too. Should be nice when its all done.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2019, 5:54 PM

New floor plan for the Mall post-renovation is now on Crombie's website. Looks like alot of the new part has already been leased out, and apparently Garage is moving out of the second floor?

Old Posted Dec 22, 2019, 11:06 PM

I am curious what will end up in the large space across from Winners. Saw an earlier spec that listed Indigo Books inthat space. Prob just a rumour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDMusic View Post
New floor plan for the Mall post-renovation is now on Crombie's website. Looks like alot of the new part has already been leased out, and apparently Garage is moving out of the second floor?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 3:26 PM

The New Tip Top storefront is now unveiled at the mall across from the new Winners. Apparently its a new concept and re-invention of Tip Top. Check out the link from Retail Insider...

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...id-reinvention

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 8:15 PM

Torrid coming the avalon mall
https://www.dropbox.com/s/24br05jhxp...hrome.jpg?dl=0

May 13th they will open in the Avalon Mall

Last edited by Malreynolds; Jan 21, 2020 at 2:07 AM.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 3:41 PM

Sportchek

Heard Sportchek will be moving from the Village to large space across from Winners in Avalon Mall....which will be smaller than current location. Was at the mall yesterday and saw black/red facade being installed on outside of this space.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malreynolds View Post
Torrid coming the avalon mall
https://www.dropbox.com/s/24br05jhxp...hrome.jpg?dl=0

May 13th they will open in the Avalon Mall
This will be their first location east of Toronto in Canada. Very nice.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
This will be their first location east of Toronto in Canada. Very nice.

Actually, Torrid posted job listings for new stores in CF Champlain (Dieppe, New Brunswick) and Halifax Shopping Centre (Halifax, Nova Scotia).
https://jobs.jobvite.com/torrid/jobs/stores?c=Stores

So it looks like they are opening one in each province east of Quebec.

Mountain Warehouse did a similar thing recently. First one in Eastern Canada opened in McAllister Place (Saint John, New Brunswick). Then they opened one in Halifax Shopping Centre (Halifax, Nova Scotia) and Avalon Mall afterwards.

Overall, Torrid is a great retailer for all three malls

Edit: Now that I think about it. I believe the Dieppe one is supposed to open May.27th. I'm not sure what the opening date for the Halifax one is. But if that one is also after May.13th, then you are correct that St.John's will be their first location east of Toronto.

Last edited by DyAm00394; Feb 1, 2020 at 5:32 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 8:15 PM

Avalon Mall just announced some more more new tenants for the mall. Sport Chek, Tommy Hilfiger, Skechers, Michael Hill, Bikini Village and The Brick which most likely will be at Woodgate Plaza.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 5:46 PM

Bath & Bodyworks is moving into a larger location at the mall. I’m guessing they are going next door into the former Tip Top location. EB Games and Bentley are also moving into larger locations at the mall.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 7:16 PM

I would imagine SportChek is going in the large space next to Winners by the new door. My husband is most excited about Sketchers haha.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Bath & Bodyworks is moving into a larger location at the mall. I’m guessing they are going next door into the former Tip Top location. EB Games and Bentley are also moving into larger locations at the mall.
Interesting.. all of these stores/parents are having financial difficulties, closing stores, etc.

Ron.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's