HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Feb 26, 2016, 12:32 PM

Royal St. John's Regatta Committee has a survey regarding the Quidi Vidi Lake Master Plan: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7N7QDKC .
It asks how we think the park area around the lake can be improved ahead of the 200th regatta in 2018.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2016, 3:12 PM

Tesla unveils Model 3
- $35,000 (usd)
- min 215 mile range (345km)
- releases in late 2017

http://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-3-ev...ned-1768732174

Nice looking car. Although arguably still not that affordable to a lot of folks. 35K USD is roughly 45K CAD right now. Which means Tesla will probably price it at at least 50K CAD.

We're still at least 5 years away until we start to see electric cars become adopted any noticeable rate imo.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2016, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrowth View Post
Although arguably still not that affordable to a lot of folks.
Maybe not affordable to the average Newfoundlander, but I'm sure a successful business person like Andy Wells would be very interested.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2016, 10:17 AM

Something to keep in mind with vehicle pricing, is that it's still no where in line with exchange rates, so they could price it anywhere they wanted. Case in point - I just bought a truck; MSRP was ~37k before taxes. The equivalent model/trim in the states is ~36k. So there isn't always a direct relationship.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2016, 11:25 AM

St. John’s Wins Unusual Title

Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 11:33 AM

The Templetons building is the most terrible looking building on Water Street. I hope there will be some re-development of this building in the near future. Every side of this building looks different, and every side is equally as ugly. I don't know what looks worse, the facade that is coming off the Bishops Cove side, or the depressing Brick and aluminum siding on the Water Street Side.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
The Templetons building is the most terrible looking building on Water Street. I hope there will be some re-development of this building in the near future. Every side of this building looks different, and every side is equally as ugly. I don't know what looks worse, the facade that is coming off the Bishops Cove side, or the depressing Brick and aluminum siding on the Water Street Side.
It's funny, Husky continues to maintain 60% of the building space in Templetons while half of the 7th floor and portions of the 8th floor at 351 are empty. Templetons basically won the lottery with that lease. If Husky ever leave and move to 351, Templetons will be left with fully renovated office space for basically nothing.

You'd think they could use some of that money towards sprucing up the exterior.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
The building should be converted into something like a 15 story high-rise.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engibeer View Post
It's funny, Husky continues to maintain 60% of the building space in Templetons while half of the 7th floor and portions of the 8th floor at 351 are empty. Templetons basically won the lottery with that lease. If Husky ever leave and move to 351, Templetons will be left with fully renovated office space for basically nothing.

You'd think they could use some of that money towards sprucing up the exterior.
I wonder how long the lease is for? I'm assuming the lease in that building is going to cost less than moving to a shiny new building such as 351.

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 2:24 PM

HRH the Princess Royal will be in Newfoundland June 28 through July 1. She'll visit Corner Brook before appearing at The Rooms on July 1 for the Beaumont-Hamel Centennial.

The Rooms advertisement: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2M...lQcUJNMkU/view

MHA Mitchelmore:
https://www.facebook.com/mhachris/po...48598191872203

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 12:13 PM

Happy City is having a beer and snack get together at Quidi Vidi Brewery this evening at 5:30, with a panel discussion beginning at 6:00. The three panelists are Mitch Gilbert of Quidi Vidi Brewery, Bev Barbour of Anna Templeton Centre and Quidi Vidi Plantation, and Todd Perrin of Mallard Cottage.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1726...1275097114518/

Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 1:10 PM

Avalon Mall turns 50

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 1:00 PM

I happened to see this on VOCM's site regarding planning on the Northeast Avalon. http://vocm.com/news/planning-the-ne...on-the-avalon/
From the linked Facebook page I found myself at the website: http://www.ournortheastavalon.com/ .
I hadn't heard of this organization/initiative before, interesting.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 8:09 PM

Has anyone ever shipped a vehicle from St. John's to another part of Canada. Trying to evaluate the best options for moving my car from here to Ottawa.

Cheers!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 10:41 PM

I heard of someone who shipped their car (smaller vehicle) along with their household belonging in the same moving truck when they moved from Toronto to St. John's. Not sure what it cost.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's