HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Oct 8, 2012, 9:02 PM

Slow and steady she goes. Thanks for the pics, Signal.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
October 16, 2012

[I decided to move this pic over to this thread to make my comment; I hope you don't mind, Signal.]

As for the picture, I think this is the most people I've seen working on the parking structure for quite some time. This is a good sign!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 3:37 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Don't mind at all!

And yes, there were lots there. They even had traffic control on the go this morning.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Don't mind at all!

And yes, there were lots there. They even had traffic control on the go this morning.
I hope they start to pick up speed,

They will have to to reach their deadline.. I'd imagine that at least demo work is going on within the buildings

They will need the parking garage to open the buildingd (the work will probably be simotanous) then later build the condos on top of the parking garage.

I'd really like to see a better more up to date rendering of the parking garage, I hope they added more details and made it much more street level friendly

Also I wonder when they will close off the street?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 6:11 PM

I can't see anyway they will meet their "deadline". Deadlines around here should be taken with a grain of salt-- or how long that project would take to build elsewhere. Add a year or two and voila, you have your completion date!

I really want to see work start on the old telephone building! There should be work on all 3 projects simultaneously (Marconi, Mix and Metropark)

It would also be nice to see the star of the sea started soon!

Will they have to close off Duckworth to traffic for these projects??

Old Posted Oct 17, 2012, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
I can't see anyway they will meet their "deadline". Deadlines around here should be taken with a grain of salt-- or how long that project would take to build elsewhere. Add a year or two and voila, you have your completion date!

I really want to see work start on the old telephone building! There should be work on all 3 projects simultaneously (Marconi, Mix and Metropark)

It would also be nice to see the star of the sea started soon!

Will they have to close off Duckworth to traffic for these projects??
WOW it just hit me how there has to be a labour shortage .. just look at the CURRENT projects happening DT, the parking garage.. and the two buildings, 351 water, TD reclad, Fortis place, star of the sea... then look at MUN and the residents buildings, the extension to the med school, the extra levels going on behind the engineering building, the other building next to the intersection being recladded... confederation building.. the hotel and many car dealerships on kenmount road.. the office buildings on kealsy along with the new banks and swiss chalet .. also the team gusue highway .. the hotel on stavanger along with the new stores as well as the area where empire theatres is going .. then the new condos going up like on topsail road and the others on the intersection of topsail and blackmarsh.. not to mention the high way in CBS as well as the countless housing projects EVERYWHERE ... and pleasantville and the new military complex and long term care facility ... holy crap .. start shipping in the workers .. because that is just whats currently on the go (and more i cant think of) then we have the other highrises downtown (and tiffany condos) as well as many of the other proposals not yet under construction and Glencrest/ southlands

Edit: I forgot to mention the condos under construction on portugal cover Rd. ... the office buildings off major's path .. as well as the Airport its self
... Boomin'

Old Posted Oct 17, 2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
WOW it just hit me how there has to be a labour shortage .. just look at the CURRENT projects happening DT, the parking garage.. and the two buildings, 351 water, TD reclad, Fortis place, star of the sea... then look at MUN and the residents buildings, the extension to the med school, the extra levels going on behind the engineering building, the other building next to the intersection being recladded... confederation building.. the hotel and many car dealerships on kenmount road.. the office buildings on kealsy along with the new banks and swiss chalet .. also the team gusue highway .. the hotel on stavanger along with the new stores as well as the area where empire theatres is going .. then the new condos going up like on topsail road and the others on the intersection of topsail and blackmarsh.. not to mention the high way in CBS as well as the countless housing projects EVERYWHERE ... and pleasantville and the new military complex and long term care facility ... holy crap .. start shipping in the workers .. because that is just whats currently on the go (and more i cant think of) then we have the other highrises downtown (and tiffany condos) as well as many of the other proposals not yet under construction and Glencrest/ southlands

Edit: I forgot to mention the condos under construction on portugal cover Rd. ... the office buildings off major's path .. as well as the Airport its self
... Boomin'
I keep thinking about the amount of development going on in St. John's even as early as 5-6 years ago and compare it to what's going on now and it blows my mind! The amount of capital works projects going on here is insane.... keep it coming!

With that being said, I'd still love to see this project kick it up a notch because I want to see to final product, it's going to look awesome!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post

... Boomin'
There's also the new water treatment plant under construction on the South Side Hills, above Kilbride, the Petty Harbour Treatment Facility, a $ 40 Million project supposedly to be complete in 2013 (doubtful given the current progress ) . I don't believe anyone's even mentioned that. I'll post some pictures soon.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

All of this reminds me of when we hosted the Junos and that guy, I believe from Barenaked Ladies, joked, "St. John's is a beautiful city. It'll be even nicer when it's finished."

Old Posted Oct 18, 2012, 9:00 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

October 18, 2012

Henry-Bell Condo Complex by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 12:37 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

October 24, 2012

The Henry-Bell Condo Complex by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 5:47 PM

Looks identical to the previous pic snapped back on Oct 18. There seems to be a bit more construction material onsite, that's about it.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 4:26 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 1:46 PM

during my drunken stumble out of the depths of george street last night I noticed that the road is now gone and they seem to be moving forward (visibly lol)

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 1:51 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Wait, it takes out that little back lane? Really?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 1:59 PM

Quote:

Wait, it takes out that little back lane? Really?
No the one to the right along the side, it's not in your recent pictures either

see it to the left in this pic (the stop sign is there)

I did not realize it had been removed already

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 2:01 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Yeah, that road is going to be gone? There will be no road between the condo and the existing buildings on Church Hill?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 2:23 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that road is going to be gone? There will be no road between the condo and the existing buildings on Church Hill?
Yup bell street is toast It's now just going to be access to the parking

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 2:27 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Awesome! That street was always FAR too wide for a back lane and I hated that it fronted onto Duckworth.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's