HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
Reviving this thread as jeddy made a comment about it earlier today. Has there been any talks with moving this project forward? This one has been silent for pretty much a year now.
It was on the agenda as a project going ahead this year. It was mentioned in one of these threads not long ago.

Edit: found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE View Post
Not sure if this was posted here yet. Jut had a quick look through the governments most recent Inventory for major capital projects. A couple that stood out that are listed to start this year. Tiffany towers and Hilton Garden Inn. Fingers crossed that these actually happen. These would make major impacts on the skyline of the city.

2017/2018 - Manga Hotels Group - construction of a Hilton Garden Inn with 155 guest rooms and 5,000 sq. ft. of conference facilities located at New Gower Street/Springdale Street/ Pleasant Street. (St. John's)

2017/2020 - KMK Capital Inc. - development of "Tiffany Towers", two 16-storey buildings consisting of a total of 240 residential units as well as a three-level underground parking garage. (St. John's)

http://www.economics.gov.nl.ca/E2017...alProjects.pdf

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
It was on the agenda as a project going ahead this year. It was mentioned in one of these threads not long ago.

Edit: found it
Thanks! Good to see that it's not completely dead in the water. Albeit, it's moving along at a snail's pace. Something we're all very used to around here....

Old Posted Jul 29, 2017, 2:17 PM

So that document says start/end 2017/2020...

~3 years seems like a long time to build that..I'm guessing that end date is much more accurate than the start date.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrowth View Post
So that document says start/end 2017/2020...

~3 years seems like a long time to build that..I'm guessing that end date is much more accurate than the start date.
At the rate things are built around here...three years is light speed pace!

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 1:43 AM

Tiffany Towers Update

Tiffany Towers Project is still ago as per Major Capital Investments for 2019. It is now slated to begin construction later this year (likely this summer) and its completion date is set for 2022.

https://www.economics.gov.nl.ca/MP-listresults.asp

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage Bob View Post
Tiffany Towers Project is still ago as per Major Capital Investments for 2019. It is now slated to begin construction later this year (likely this summer) and its completion date is set for 2022.

https://www.economics.gov.nl.ca/MP-listresults.asp
It is good to see this development isn't dead in the water. However, it seems that when major capital projects are updated every year this project is included with a construction dates pushed back. It's been going on since this project has been proposed 6-7 years ago. Alas, I do hold out hope this projects breaks ground... it's just been such a long time.

Your link doesn't work for me. I keep getting an internal server error.

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 1:23 PM

As much as I would love to see this project proceed I really don't see it happening anytime soon. Right now there is a glut of new senior / assisted living projects either under construction (Airport Heights, Blackmarsh Rd, Waterford Bridge Rd) or planned (Pleasantville (2 projects)). Having this show up year after year on the Government's Economic Outlook is window dressing, makes it look like there are big plans ahead...Onward!

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 7:27 PM

That was a bad link, here's the correct one -
https://www.economics.gov.nl.ca/E201...alProjects.pdf

There's some projects listed for St. John's I hadn't seen before and some that aren't on there - the Bishops College redevelopment for example, given parking relief at City Council this week - perhaps it's the"Winslowe Ridge" mentioned. There's mention of a $3M Anglican Ministry Centre but not the 10 storey proposed building.

At what stage does a project get included? Churchill Park rental building, Shoppers redevelopment on Freshwater?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 12:34 AM

Committee of the Whole agenda for this Wed has a proposal from KMK for two 6 story personal care homes on an adjacent property (11 Tiffany Lane). For the optimists in the group that still leaves the door open for the higher towers some day...maybe not in my lifetime.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's