HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 9:46 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
This is east of the rail line. off of Kramer and Donley. I think this is the first rezoning/project proposed there.
This appears to be it:

https://www.turnbridgeeq.com/portfol...um-assemblage/

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 9:57 PM

There is no 45-story tower planned. The ABJ just created a click back headline based on what could be envisioned for a site zoned for a 491' height. The only project specific info mentioned in the PC backup files was that 375 Apts. are planned for the northern tract and 450 for the southern tract. These are the two sites that now only need CC approval for the ZC:

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
There is no 45-story tower planned. The ABJ just created a click back headline based on what could be envisioned for a site zoned for a 491' height. The only project specific info mentioned in the PC backup files was that 375 Apts. are planned for the northern tract and 450 for the southern tract. These are the two sites that now only need CC approval for the ZC:

But where am I supposed to park when I go to a soccer match? Now I'll have to take the train to the new rail stop right beside the stadium.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2024, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
But where am I supposed to park when I go to a soccer match? Now I'll have to take the train to the new rail stop right beside the stadium.
Is this sarcasm?

Old Posted Feb 17, 2024, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchaaa View Post
Is this sarcasm?

Old Posted Feb 17, 2024, 6:06 PM

If you had actually parked in those lots on gameday you'd be cheering for their demise. I'm getting flashbacks just thinking about it.
Brrr.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2024, 4:30 AM

Crossing fingers

Hope this project happens, and the sooner the better. I used to work in one of those buildings long ago and don't have many fond memories of the time; it'd be great to see it go and be replaced with a tower. It'll be somewhat cleansing/cathartic/refreshing.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 4:18 PM

I had previously posted about the work on Burnet that was occurring along Broadmoor with the bike lanes and sidewalks. It seems like the work is limited to just the area in front of the Broadmoor development. Only the East side of Burnet, from Home2Suites to Gault Lane. Can anyone confirm this?

They have been putting in finishing dirt on the landscape, ready for grass. They did this for both sides of Burnet (seems like no work planned to fill the ditch on the West side of Burnet). They added space for a lane on the East side, but the new curb (road edge) angles in at the Home2 Suites for the road to not be expanded South from that point. Seems like this curb/sidewalk project was just for BroadMoor and the new office building, rather than the full Burnet corridor project.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Rather confusing. Pickle isn't even covered by the NBG regulations currently. UT just does what they want with it. Hard to imagine what council might need to do to "pave the way" for any particular project on it.

Unless they figure Pickle is going to do what they want, but they want the regulations for any (covered) adjacent land to opt into as well?

"Pool said there may be opportunities for others outside of the research campus to take advantage of the incoming regulations."

Oh well, I guess we'll find out next year.
Looks like we finally found out.

It's bringing in Pickle (both main Pickle and West Pickle) to the NBG area.

120' and 3:1 FAR by right! (which is greater than anything else in NBG). 491 feet 12:1 FAR with bonuses. 95% IC.

Some exemptions from some of the form based stuff for research uses (block size, pedestrian permeability, etc. ).

Housing allowed but conditional (CUP) within pickle (somewhat ambiguous here if they mean both east and west pickle or just main).

3 items listed for the upcoming planning commission

https://www.austintexas.gov/citycler...tings/40_1.htm

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_jeremy View Post
I had previously posted about the work on Burnet that was occurring along Broadmoor with the bike lanes and sidewalks. It seems like the work is limited to just the area in front of the Broadmoor development. Only the East side of Burnet, from Home2Suites to Gault Lane. Can anyone confirm this?

They have been putting in finishing dirt on the landscape, ready for grass. They did this for both sides of Burnet (seems like no work planned to fill the ditch on the West side of Burnet). They added space for a lane on the East side, but the new curb (road edge) angles in at the Home2 Suites for the road to not be expanded South from that point. Seems like this curb/sidewalk project was just for BroadMoor and the new office building, rather than the full Burnet corridor project.
The stuff in front of Broadmoor is being done as part of the development. The rest of the corridor is supposed to do the same as part of the corridor work from the (long delayed) 2016 mobility bond.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2024, 4:22 PM

Quote:
The stuff in front of Broadmoor is being done as part of the development. The rest of the corridor is supposed to do the same as part of the corridor work from the (long delayed) 2016 mobility bond.
It is interesting, they basically put in a 2000 ft bike lane and added a lane to the roadway for the same distance. I guess it could be seen as doing the corridor project along their property now, so they are less impacted in the future (if) the corridor project ever is completed.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2024, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_jeremy View Post
It is interesting, they basically put in a 2000 ft bike lane and added a lane to the roadway for the same distance. I guess it could be seen as doing the corridor project along their property now, so they are less impacted in the future (if) the corridor project ever is completed.
It’s more about the city requiring them to do it as part of their project, and pay for it, so that the city doesn’t have to. This preserves those scarce bond dollars for the rest of the corridor and other projects.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin