HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 5:43 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

The top attractions in Texas for leisure travelers is the Alamo followed by the Riverwalk, outlet malls, Sea World, and Six Flags Over Texas. What Trae posted is the ranking of MSA's and their ranking of leisure visitors which is understandable seeing how Dallas and Houston are the two major powerhouses of Texas.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 10:01 AM
Meh

I believe the State Capitol is also in the top 10. I remember seeing that on a list several years ago.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 2:08 PM

My thinking is that San Antonio would be great for a Disneyland with heavy Hispanic influence. Tierra del Disney if you will. The logic goes like this.

Disney won't touch their two existing parks. Moreover, althought they have some multicultural influence, they are the great white-blooded theme parks of America.

They won't put a Disneyland in Mexico.

So, put one in Texas. Driving distance from major Mexican cities.

San Antonio fits the bill best as it is quickly becoming one of the major centers for Mexican-American culture. Big, underutilized airport as well.

Plus, it's on I-10 and I-35, argueably the two most traveled roads for Mexican-Americans.

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 4:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad707 View Post
Big, underutilized airport as well.
Since when? SA's airport is a cramped dump.

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 5:02 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post
SA's airport is a cramped dump.

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 8:16 AM

Let's put it in Abilene. We're #10 and a nice little drive from DFW and they should be able to find enough land on the South side down 83/84.

I would take Disney or anything. Hell, I would take another Lowes or Wal-Mart at this point. At the rate the little subdivisions are popping up out there, it will be nothing but suburbia as far as the eye can see within a decade.

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 5:25 PM

Sorry, I'm still laughing at the "Maybe they're building a data center" comment

Speaking of Disney rumors in Texas, I'll give you a good one:

When I was a kid, there was a big rumor of Disney scouting land in my hometown of Orange, TX right off I-10. Not that any company in their right mind would ever locate in that craphole, but it would've definitely been great for the economy. Also, the "brilliance" of it was that it would only make sense for the third Disney installation to be in another Orange County; one is in Orange County, FL and the other in Orange County, CA it would follow that Orange County, TX would be perfect for the next one. I mean yeah, there is nothing but cheap land that nobody wants and plenty of jobless locals to work the place... nevermind the fact that the area is NOWHERE NEAR a major airport (or any airport)

BTW, I'm with Kevin when it comes to Disney. I don't want them anywhere near me. My wife is from Orlando and it is completely owned by "the mouse". Have you ever been there? It's not something I'd want.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio