HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 9:07 PM

Aéroport Montréal-Trudeau Airport (YUL)

Hi guys, I just thought we should have a thread dedicated to news about Montreal-Trudeau Airport. There's a lot of activity at our airport these days. One of them is the construction of the new Transborder Departures area, as well as the Marriott Hotel that will be built on top of it. Construction has already started.

Additionally, Air Canada is resuming flights to Rome from Montreal this summer, and Royal Jordanian is back in Montreal with non-stops to Amman starting this summer as well.

Lastly, the airport pax numbers were released today, and passenger traffic to YUL is up 4.7% this year, meaning 11.4 million passengers went to YUL for 2006 (a new record).

Anyway, whether it has to do with new routes and airlines, or expansion, it can be talked about here!

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 9:18 PM
Daddy Likes it Dirty!

you should PM serge to make this thread sticky!
Montreal Metro: 3.666 million

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 10:21 PM

done! good idea, habsfan!

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 10:24 PM

BTW has anyone been to the airport lately? Just wondering because last time I was there, the construction site for the new Marriott hotel and Transborder check-in area was just a hole in the ground. Is there a structure thats going up finally?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
BTW has anyone been to the airport lately? Just wondering because last time I was there, the construction site for the new Marriott hotel and Transborder check-in area was just a hole in the ground. Is there a structure thats going up finally?
I went to the airport wednesday and they are building the Mariott Hotel. The crane is there. The structure is going up but only a couple of meters out of the ground.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 1:38 AM

J'aurais plutôt appelé cela Aéroports au Québec

Ville de Québec / Quebec City : 532,329 hab/inhab. (2001)
Région de Québec / Quebec City Area : 1,064,047 hab/inhab. (2001)
Communauté métropolitaine de Québec / Greater Quebec City Area : 717,600 hab/inhab. (2005)

Québec est un gros village. Pour vo$ campagne$, c'e$t un trè$ gro$ avantage.

Québec, ville différente, fière de sa différence, la plus ouverte sur le monde et l'immigration au Québec.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 2:33 AM
Stuck in TO for now...

Anyone know if the plans for Dorval Circle remodeling and the rail extension to the airport (stop at the parking lot) are back on track? Last time I heard the works for the circle have been on hold for more assessment.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 2:37 AM
BANNED

i'm going to Cancun in march, i'll bring my camera, i'll snap some shots of the construction and pray for me, some aerials!!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 4:21 AM

Je vais vous avouer que je suis un très grand fan de l'aviation et tout se qui a rapport avec les aéroports. Pour ceux qui connaissent le site d'airliners.net et qui y vont régulièrement, je ne sais pas si vous avez remarquer qu'il y a eu beaucoup moins de photos ajouté en 2006 pour Montréal que les années auparavants. Il y en avait seuleument quelques unes surtout après le mois de juin. Je ne sais pas où sont les photographes réguliers.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 4:33 AM

si j'étais Dieu-le-père-tout-puissant-repentez-vous (genre Paul Desmarais sur le crack) et que j'avais une seule priorité, ce serait un magnifique train rapide entre Bonaventure/Gare centrale et l'aérogare - avec une bonne job en atelier de la chaire de paysage de la faculté d'aménagement de l'UdM pour les deux côtés du trajet.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsonic View Post
si j'étais Dieu-le-père-tout-puissant-repentez-vous (genre Paul Desmarais sur le crack) et que j'avais une seule priorité, ce serait un magnifique train rapide entre Bonaventure/Gare centrale et l'aérogare - avec une bonne job en atelier de la chaire de paysage de la faculté d'aménagement de l'UdM pour les deux côtés du trajet.
Bein je pense que Aéroport de Montréal a déjà ça dans ses plans. Je ne suis pas sûr mais je pense en avoir entendu parler pour le train...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey rules! View Post
Je vais vous avouer que je suis un très grand fan de l'aviation et tout se qui a rapport avec les aéroports.
you're not alone buddy

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 9:06 AM
montreal lover

the train link construction will strat during next spring,it will be soon announced by charest ...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 4:06 PM

Quote:
you're not alone buddy
Have you seen one Boeing 777-206 of Klm at Montreal? They came a few times but they didn't came here since a long time. Do you go to Trudeau airport to take some pictures?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 7:06 PM
Headquarter: Montreal

Le lien ferroviaire... ca fait des annees voir plus qu'on en parle. J'ai bien hate de voir ca.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 8:27 PM
MTL♥

Quote:
Have you seen one Boeing 777-206 of Klm at Montreal? They came a few times but they didn't came here since a long time. Do you go to Trudeau airport to take some pictures?
hehehe moi aussi!!!me too....if i had a car i would have gone take photos all the time but i dont...i only went to watch them take off and land when i was 14 when my father was still living in Montreal but he moved to Portugal....ima big fan...i even draw them on paper......i aint like that goood like not 3D drawings lol but i do like to draw them.....many of my own designs but then again they look like airbus or boeings lol. I havent done one in a long time but i have made a thread in the transportation section about 1 month ago with my drawings, i dont know if its still there.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 8:59 PM
MTL♥

see like this one i did when i was 15 16 years old..... i would name my planes sp for super LOLL cute! lol....but yeah it looks like a boeing or airbus doesnt it? similar i know..

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 9:25 PM
Stuck in TO for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
you're not alone buddy
Count me in as well!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
lol haven't been spotting at the airport in a while, but I have seen KLM's 777...its a beauty!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2007, 1:39 AM

Quote:
lol haven't been spotting at the airport in a while, but I have seen KLM's 777...its a beauty!
I saw it at Toronto and once at Montreal but I wasn't sure that it was a boeing 777 because it was raining and it was very hazy so I didn't stopped to look at it. It was a triple 7. I checked on airliners. net to be sure. The 777-200 is my favorite plane and the KLM boeing 777 is the most beautiful plane that I have ever seen. . By the way, do you know a place were you could by some airplane models? Their is one in the Old Port and some others in the West Island but I don't know really big places.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal