HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 5:31 PM

This project has economic appeal but the developers are toxic. Do we even know who they really are?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
I think you are assuming that it implies that.
Well, the image is labeled as a site access plan with a series of arrows that lead to an entrance on 14th Street. I don't know what else they could be showing. I may have be hyperbolic in my criticism of the project, but that site map is crap if it's supposed to be used as a guide of how to get to the site and where people can park or take mass transit.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparker73 View Post
Well, the image is labeled as a site access plan with a series of arrows that lead to an entrance on 14th Street. I don't know what else they could be showing. I may have be hyperbolic in my criticism of the project, but that site map is crap if it's supposed to be used as a guide of how to get to the site and where people can park or take mass transit.
That’s the one comment you have about all of the things I posted. You couldn’t find anything positive to say about the project?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
This project has economic appeal but the developers are toxic. Do we even know who they really are?
Why don’t you go into the sales office and meet them?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 4:26 AM

I believe the office is staffed by Berkshire Hathaway sales personnel. They are there to try and sell units, nothing more. Correct me if wrong. The developers are in New York and are very opaque. If there's a funding source, that entity is probably going to be opaque as well. I also highly doubt a contract has been let for the build - rather just additional earth moving. We shall see.
Some of you act like you were born yesterday.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
That’s the one comment you have about all of the things I posted. You couldn’t find anything positive to say about the project?
Sorry...it's an occupational hazard as an editor and graphic designer. I'm that friend who is judgemental over the typefaces used on billboards, flyers, movie titles, etc.

My excitement over this project has waned over the two years since it was announced and other developments have gone up. There's a part of me that is now wondering if we have too many towers with glass curtain walls going up, and I find myself hoping for a Post Modern renaissance to match the pointy tops in that part of Midtown to echo Promenade, 4 Seasons, and the IBM Tower (aka One Atlantic Center).

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
I believe the office is staffed by Berkshire Hathaway sales personnel. They are there to try and sell units, nothing more. Correct me if wrong. The developers are in New York and are very opaque. If there's a funding source, that entity is probably going to be opaque as well. I also highly doubt a contract has been let for the build - rather just additional earth moving. We shall see.
Some of you act like you were born yesterday.
No, you're wrong. We were told in a post a month ago that the developer and his wife were buying a condo here, as they would now be in the office weekly.

I know that to be the case from my visit to the sales office as well.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
No, you're wrong. We were told in a post a month ago that the developer and his wife were buying a condo here, as they would now be in the office weekly.

I know that to be the case from my visit to the sales office as well.
Personal email to me, this is from October, 2017.......

I hope you have been well. It has been a while since we last chatted and there is a lot of excitement here at No2 Opus Place so I thought I would share with you a few key updates below:

LAND DISTURBANCE PERMIT (LDP):
The developer is picking up the Land Disturbance Permit by next week from the city! This is not cheap (approx. $200K) and represents a major milestone as we will now be allowed to bring heavy equipment on the site, clear the property, and start the initial groundwork/excavation.
GROUNDBREAKING BY YEAREND:
The LDP above is the last step prior to an official GroundBreaking which is still on track to take place before yearend.
1-BR "C-STACK" SOLD OUT:
We are proud to announce that our one-bedroom C-stack is now SOLD OUT! We have started a waiting list in case some of these do not make it to binding agreement status. Let me know ASAP if you want to get on the waiting list.
This momentum has already started to carry over into the smaller 2-BR plans which are now selling quickly. See attached F-Residence.pdf starting from $920K.
BRISK SALES
We are selling quickly (in fact we sold 5 more homes last week)! It is a true testament to our design/amenities/floorplans and pricing which are all resonating extremely well with the marketplace. With these contracts I would venture to guess that we are the quickest selling new construction project right now in Atlanta.

Since at one point you were interested in purchasing here I thought I would share the updates with you above. If you are at a place where you are reconsidering your options here at No2 Opus Place, we would love to invite you back in to see the rest of what has changed since we last spoke.

If you are still indeed interested I would encourage you NOT to wait much longer as typically when a developer begins sitework there is usually a surge in sales as well as an additional price increase.

THANKS! Let me know if you have any additional questions as I am here to help!

-Matt

Matthew Doyle
Sales Director - No2 Opus Place

98 14th St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
404.459.3091 (o)
561.707.6139 (c)
Matthew.Doyle@CityHausATL.com
www.OpusPlaceATL.com

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Personal email to me, this is from October, 2017.......
I'm confused, so are you saying that based on this email the developer isn't in the sales office weekly now?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I'm confused, so are you saying that based on this email the developer isn't in the sales office weekly now?
No, I have no idea as I no longer am interested in buying there. I just wanted you to see that this is almost two years ago and I have some from March of 2017..

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 1:39 PM
Just a dude

Guys,

I think it's clear this development is still 'active' but not necessarily moving forward at anything more than a crawl at this point. I suggest we be patient (again) and wait for more news. Seems to be the most prudent option right now as leaping to conclusions either way based off renderings, etc is silly.

Obviously things could change quickly and hopefully the project moves forward at some point!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 2:23 PM

Please someone remind me...who is the elusive developer or developers? I mean what are the names?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 7:44 AM

"Sometimes you have to commune with the Dead."
Spoken soooo eerily under a moonlit night in a garden patch in Savannah, Jawja.
In The Garden of Good and Evil.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 6:46 PM

Rode by today, they are still digging.....

Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 9:49 PM

Walked by it today too. They are definitely doing lots of digging and they swapped the old fencing around the tower part of the site with serious construction fencing, and Yates Construction placard is on the fence as well. I would say this is definitely back in construction.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 11:18 PM

Still no new permits...

Old Posted Jun 14, 2019, 3:20 PM

Curbed: Officials insist Atlanta’s tallest proposed sky-rise is still ‘going forward’

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2019/6/14...on-14th-street

Old Posted Jun 15, 2019, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Curbed: Officials insist Atlanta’s tallest proposed sky-rise is still ‘going forward’

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2019/6/14...on-14th-street
Rather see it go up.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 12:13 PM

Are they still moving rocks and dirt around????

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Are they still moving rocks and dirt around????
I think they're on the fifth floor by now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta