HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Nov 22, 2015, 4:46 PM
Moran supreme

Grassroots Northland Farmers' Market moving

K, since I know some of you do shop at farmers' markets in or around Calgary I thought I'd give you all the head's up that the Grassroots Northland Farmers' Market is moving away from Northland Village Mall after 24 continuous years there.

Yes, I have a personal connection to this market in that a non-profit that my wife sits on owns this market and she has also managed this market for 9 years.

Never the less, I do know that there are some Calgary SSP members do frequent this market and thought a notice would be courteous. The reason for this move is that the current owners of Northland Village Mall are intending to undertake a major redevelopment of that property and they will not be able to accommodate the farmers market moving forward.

So the new location will be in the NE parking lot at Deerfoot City - am in the process of moving the sea can right now. Other changes will probably include some sort of name change to reflect the new location. Most of our current vendors will be following us to the new location and it appears that the market will be able to expand into new offerings that they were unable to provide at Northland.

Mods, you're more than welcome to delete this thread if it violates forum rules - otherwise, the Grassroots Skaters Foundation would like you to come check out Calgary's oldest continuously running and largest outdoor seasonal farmers market at Deerfoot City next spring.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2015, 8:37 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
K, since I know some of you do shop at farmers' markets in or around Calgary I thought I'd give you all the head's up that the Grassroots Northland Farmers' Market is moving away from Northland Village Mall after 24 continuous years there.

Yes, I have a personal connection to this market in that a non-profit that my wife sits on owns this market and she has also managed this market for 9 years.

Never the less, I do know that there are some Calgary SSP members do frequent this market and thought a notice would be courteous. The reason for this move is that the current owners of Northland Village Mall are intending to undertake a major redevelopment of that property and they will not be able to accommodate the farmers market moving forward.

So the new location will be in the NE parking lot at Deerfoot City - am in the process of moving the sea can right now. Other changes will probably include some sort of name change to reflect the new location. Most of our current vendors will be following us to the new location and it appears that the market will be able to expand into new offerings that they were unable to provide at Northland.

Mods, you're more than welcome to delete this thread if it violates forum rules - otherwise, the Grassroots Skaters Foundation would like you to come check out Calgary's oldest continuously running and largest outdoor seasonal farmers market at Deerfoot City next spring.
Hmm. I've lived in NW Calgary for 17 years now and honestly did not know there was a farmer's market at Northland Village.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 1:48 AM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubicon View Post
Hmm. I've lived in NW Calgary for 17 years now and honestly did not know there was a farmer's market at Northland Village.
Yupp, we hear that all the time despite bridge banners, temporary signage on John Laurie and Northland, Twitter and Facebook pages/activities and community newspaper adverts and yet, vendors return year after year because of the great repeat business they have at this market.

People are always amazed this market exists and is Calgary's oldest and also its largest outdoor seasonal market - even my wife and I didn't know it existed and I've pretty much lived in the NW for 27 years at the time her non-profit took over.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation