HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 7:35 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Exactly what is wrong with my response and what do you mean by “this type” exactly?

I was being entirely serious with my answer to an entirely serious question.

In all likelihood it WILL be 15-20 years more. We’ve still got a few years left of the currently under construction phases, and two more phases still in planning that, cumulatively, are larger than everything already finished or currently in construction. The final phase being significantly more complex than any of the others, as well. The park and all of its phases aren’t fully funded (though mostly so), and politicians have been tinkering around the margins of the plans for a decade now. There’ve already been delays to do with cost, and to do with historic finds, which prolongs the construction process of course (and anyone who thinks we were gonna run into these problems wasn’t being clear eyed at the start—it should be reasonably expected that we’d have these problems).

Really, I wanna ask you: was YOUR response to ME necessary? Frankly, your comment is the rude one.
It will not be 15-20 more years. The absurdity in that estimate is why I asked that question. I don’t think asking if that comment was necessary is rude. You can however, have the right to feel different.

This will be my last comment on this particular topic.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 7:50 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
It will not be 15-20 more years. The absurdity in that estimate is why I asked that question. I don’t think asking if that comment was necessary is rude. You can however, have the right to feel different.

This will be my last comment on this particular topic.
Basic debate: state a position and then SUPPORT your position with evidence. Where’s your evidence? Or it is just “absurd” without needing any evidence.

How you remain a moderator I will never know. I’ve reported you yet again for the personal attacks.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Basic debate: state a position and then SUPPORT your position with evidence. Where’s your evidence? Or it is just “absurd” without needing any evidence.

How you remain a moderator I will never know. I’ve reported you yet again for the personal attacks.
I guess I’ve remained a moderator all these years because I’ve done the job well and correctly.

I’m sorry you felt the need to report me, however, nowhere did I personally attack you.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 8:10 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
I guess I’ve remained a moderator all these years because I’ve done the job well and correctly.

I’m sorry you felt the need to report me, however, nowhere did I personally attack you.
Again. And I’ll keep doing it every time I feel you step out of line. Which admittedly is way less than it used to be. Kudos.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Again. And I’ll keep doing it every time I feel you step out of line. Which admittedly is way less than it used to be. Kudos.
You have the right to do whatever you want. But again, no where have I attacked you on a personal basis or even attacked you in general. Never have and never will.

Again, as a moderator, I have and continue to do what was asked of me by the admins years ago. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t still be a moderator.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 10:10 PM

Considering that phase 4 of the project (Cesar Chavez to Guadalupe) is currently buried under parking lots, with planning still in development, numerous property owners to negotiate with, and no funding, 10-15 years seems like a reasonable estimate.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Considering that phase 4 of the project (Cesar Chavez to Guadalupe) is currently buried under parking lots, with planning still in development, numerous property owners to negotiate with, and no funding, 10-15 years seems like a reasonable estimate.
Thank you for the assist.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Again, from my own personal knowledge, complete build out will not take that long.

But hey, what do I know.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2021, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Again, from my own personal knowledge, complete build out will not take that long.

But hey, what do I know.
Great question. What do you know? Why don’t you tell us instead of being… the way you are.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2021, 5:08 AM

I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2021, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkirbythe.... View Post
I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.
You asked a genuine and innocent question. You have nothing to be sorry about. Don’t be afraid to ask a question here in the future.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2021, 10:39 PM

Take y’all’s complaints to the dms people. None of this has anything to do with the project at hand.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2021, 3:54 PM

San Pedro Creek Construction

San Pedro Creek construction looking north from Ruby City and south towards Alamo Street

image0 by death thepeople, on Flickr

image1 by death thepeople, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 12:49 AM

View under the Houston Street bridge looking south.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 1:49 AM

Design plans for third phase of San Pedro Creek project get go-ahead

https://sanantonioreport.org/design-...-get-go-ahead/

The Historic and Design Review Commission (HDRC) on Wednesday approved design plans for the third section of the San Pedro Creek Culture Park, a multi-phased project that began in 2017.

Plans submitted to the commission by John Mize, managing principal of the firm FPC, detailed the proposed landscaping, pedestrian paths, lighting, and signage for phase 3 of the project which spans from the Union Pacific Railroad bridge just north of Cevallos Street to the Apache-Alazan Creek at Interstate 35.

It also included specifications for site paving, flood control, and low-impact development features for a segment of the creek.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkirbythe.... View Post
Design plans for third phase of San Pedro Creek project get go-ahead

https://sanantonioreport.org/design-...-get-go-ahead/

The Historic and Design Review Commission (HDRC) on Wednesday approved design plans for the third section of the San Pedro Creek Culture Park, a multi-phased project that began in 2017.

Plans submitted to the commission by John Mize, managing principal of the firm FPC, detailed the proposed landscaping, pedestrian paths, lighting, and signage for phase 3 of the project which spans from the Union Pacific Railroad bridge just north of Cevallos Street to the Apache-Alazan Creek at Interstate 35.

It also included specifications for site paving, flood control, and low-impact development features for a segment of the creek.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 5:02 PM

San Antonio art project near completion at San Pedro Creek Culture Park after COVID-19 delays

https://www.expressnews.com/entertai...n-16819154.php

After an 18-month delay caused by the pandemic, work on “Creek Lines,” a public art installation at the north end of the San Pedro Creek Culture Park downtown, is near completion.

Using stainless steel poles and a canopy, the art piece tells the story of the historic creek, once a life source for Indigenous people and early settlers, as a gateway to the 2.2-mile, Bexar County-funded flood control and beautification project downtown. The first section of the linear park opened in 2018 for the 300th anniversary of the founding of the first mission and presidio. Other sections are in construction or design.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 2:17 AM

Creek construction on both sides of Dolorosa

IMG_1366 by death thepeople, on Flickr

IMG_1368 by death thepeople, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 10:54 PM

Middle of the block looking north to Houston.

Middle of the block looking south to Commerce.

Commerce looking north.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 2:39 PM

Looks great. Thanks for the pics.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio