HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 10:49 PM
James

New Hotel/Residential Tower for SA

Preliminary Plans
Parking floors 1-2
River level/Street Level - entrance lobbies, retail, back of house, courtyard
2nd floor - meeting rooms
3-8th floors - hotel rooms
9-14th floors - residential units

or the 300ft alternative!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 11:50 PM

Great find. I hope it gets built. Not like some other buildings that have come and gone.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 1:13 AM
Closed account

Cool! Can't quite pinpoint the location exactly, it's a little hard to tell imo

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 1:29 AM

Where is this. What is the 376' building. Trying to pinpoint exactly where this is.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 1:46 AM

Why not go bigger? There's only so much land downtown and with the push to get San Antonians to live in the city center, what gives? Show me something in the 40-50 story range!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 1:46 AM

the 375' is the nix hospital. from what i can tell this is on the corner of navarro and commerce. currently there are some 2 story buildings there.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 1:49 AM

my mistake. currently there is a parking lot there.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 2:47 AM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Very cool. Where did this come from?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 2:57 AM

I hope it's not the shorter version. We've got enough midrises as it is. Don't need any more of those, we need highrises, 350'+, preferably 400'+

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 3:51 AM

I'll file this already under the "wont happen" catagory. I remember seeing the black/white for the 300' building that was supposed to get built near kress (like nextdoor) but it still hasn't happened...It's been around a year with no word...Or pretty close..So just how the details on this are so vague...How are there models of the building, without knowing what companies are involved? Where is the info? Idk i've been let down too many times. Im not trying to be a pessimist just a realist.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 3:53 AM
Endless Moments...

OKay were is this project. Is this the Kress building, or a totally different building/location. Was there any copy to go along....

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 4:14 AM
Bears of antiquity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
I'll file this already under the "wont happen" catagory. I remember seeing the black/white for the 300' building that was supposed to get built near kress (like nextdoor) but it still hasn't happened...It's been around a year with no word...Or pretty close..So just how the details on this are so vague...How are there models of the building, without knowing what companies are involved? Where is the info? Idk i've been let down too many times. Im not trying to be a pessimist just a realist.
A realist?

Do you know how long it takes for a building like that to get built?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 4:27 AM

Quote:
21bl0wed
I'll file this already under the "wont happen" catagory. I remember seeing the black/white for the 300' building that was supposed to get built near kress (like nextdoor) but it still hasn't happened...It's been around a year with no word...
The Condo building you are referring to is still under review.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjon View Post
A realist?

Do you know how long it takes for a building like that to get built?
IN SA terms or in terms of a major city? I know a 300' building isn't going to get much attention and start construction rather quickly in any large city. SA is unique so maybe i was being unrealistic and forgot to think in SA terms...I know a 300' building in austin dallas or houston isn't going to be "under" review for a year...But hey..I guess it has to do with the art-deco preservation of the kress building look thing..Since this building isn't the same and is hopefully not having to keep a certain look to "preserve" its surroundings maybe we can hear from it sooner than later.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:16 AM

Any guesses as to who will be the hotel tenant?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:24 AM
James

This is a complete new structure other than the Kress building, and its tower. The applicant is 3D/I - Andres Andujar. The residential part of the proposal is optional, so in all reality this could really only be 198ft to the roof and 220ft to the mech box. The address is 245 East Commerce Street.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
...I know a 300' building in austin dallas or houston isn't going to be "under" review for a year...But hey..I guess it has to do with the art-deco preservation of the kress building look thing..Since this building isn't the same and is hopefully not having to keep a certain look to "preserve" its surroundings maybe we can hear from it sooner than later.
No, it most likely has to do with the market, financing or committments. When you're dealing with millions of dollars on a project like this, it could take a little extra work to get all the pieces together...in any city.

The project in this thread is on the lot where the old Planet Hollywood died, next to the Watermark hotel. This space is definately underutilized

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
No, it most likely has to do with the market, financing or committments. When you're dealing with millions of dollars on a project like this, it could take a little extra work to get all the pieces together...in any city.

The project in this thread is on the lot where the old Planet Hollywood died, next to the Watermark hotel. This space is definately underutilized
Do you know if its on the parking lot itself? Or where the structure is? Or both?

Yea i could see financial stuff taking a while and money issues but still....You'd think 1 300' building in this city where when was the last time a 300' was built? That it would pretty much just go up wam-bam-thank-you-mam instead of all the delays...How's it gonna be when there are multiple 300'+ buildings proposed?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 6:18 AM

21bl0wed, real estate development does not work like that. It is never wam-bam-thank you ma\'am.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 8:49 AM

it sure aint... it's more like wam bam and then it blows up in your face by the smallest detail that would not have seemed to have mattered any other time but the time it actually made the difference. i have had clients who "loved" the house like it was already their own, but then their own house under contract at the time they made their offer ends up falling thru and you get screwed... everyone gets screwed.... the only time it is wam bam thankyou ma'am is when both sides have closed and the last penny is paid. period.

this project is located in the current agenda for the hdrc which is located at this linked address (large pdf DL... 40 or 50 mb)

http://www.sanantonio.gov/historic/d...DRC_Agenda.pdf

there is also stuff about vidorra and another hotel condo preject that is being built that is only 5 or 6 floors. check it out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio