HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Arthaus in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 5:26 PM

Sorry for size, but here's what the tower will look like from Westville, NJ. Along with The Laurel

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 8:13 PM

Mast sections on site, looks like they'll be jumping it up tomorrow

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 8:20 PM

Good work TK! It also looks like rebar is beginning to be put in.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 9:29 PM

Nice TK!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokoon11 View Post
What kind of crane is this?
Looks like a Terex flat-top crane...

As stated this is not a "Luffing crane" that maybe some are familiar with that the boom pivots up and down.

This is not a Maxim/Amquip piece of equipment so thats why its not something you might be used to seeing in the city.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 11:41 PM

Awesome picture with renderings of the Laurel and Arthaus layered in TK. Thanks! While they do bump up the vibrancy of the city scape, somehow I thought the Laurel would be more prominent. But I guess that just means a tower needs to be 60+ stories anymore to really stand out in Philly. Which is of course a good thing.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 2:03 AM

I'll admit, I got lazy with that render and pasted an old crappy drawing I made of The Laurel from an older render. Here is a newly drawn and more accurate version...and again sorry for size

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 10:18 AM
Philly Pholly

Is this the latest version of the tower?

311 S Broad Street by

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 12:22 PM

^Yes

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhead401 View Post
Looks like a Terex flat-top crane...

As stated this is not a "Luffing crane" that maybe some are familiar with that the boom pivots up and down.

This is not a Maxim/Amquip piece of equipment so thats why its not something you might be used to seeing in the city.
Comansa flat top tower crane from Spain

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 8:11 PM

^Any reason why that particular crane is being used? I know very little about various crane types.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
I'll admit, I got lazy with that render and pasted an old crappy drawing I made of The Laurel from an older render. Here is a newly drawn and more accurate version...and again sorry for size
From the angle you posted I think this building will look and feel sizeably taller than the W. This building is SOUTH. Those 4.5 blocks will skew perspective despite being a bit shorter.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
From the angle you posted I think this building will look and feel sizeably taller than the W. This building is SOUTH. Those 4.5 blocks will skew perspective despite being a bit shorter.
We'll see in less than 2 years

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 2:36 PM

Yeah, you're right^
Same reason for instance, One Riverside (280 feet) from the South Street bridge looks like it is taller than the Commerce Square towers (565 feet tall).

Both the Laurel and Arthaus are going to look like giants from the south, being blocks away from the main core.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B11QptrDebB/

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 4:20 PM

Crane's being jumped right now. Great view on the webcam!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 7:20 PM

One new section in, now about to insert another:

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 4:18 PM

A lot more mast sections in today, I can see the top of the crane from my spot in Westville as I'm currently getting shots. Will post on here soon

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 2:09 AM

From the same place that of the renders perspective, from 5.2 miles away in Westville, NJ. That crane is probably already close to 200 feet tall

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 1:34 PM

Dranoff's newest development on South Broad marks construction milestone

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...oad-marks.html

Quote:
Dranoff Properties’ $253 million Arthaus condominium development on South Broad Street in Philadelphia marked a construction milestone with the arrival of a crane.

In addition to the construction crane, the 47-story tower’s foundation is being built in preparation for a planned concrete pour in early October. That's when a convoy of 600 trucks is expected to roam up and down Broad and Spruce streets to fill the mat. By January, Arthaus should be poking up above street level and a topping out expected by next fall.

Progress is being made on the project that was in the early stages of development when Dranoff made its formal announcement in early June.

“The crane goes up when you are done digging down.” said Carl Dranoff.

Arthaus will have 108 condos ranging from $2 million up to $10 million for the penthouse.

The last time Dranoff embarked on the construction of a high-end condo tower was in the spring of 2015 when he broke ground on One Riverside at 225 S. 25th St. in the Fitler Square neighborhood of Philadelphia. That was well into the economic recovery post Great Recession and when few other new, million-dollar plus condos were on the market. A decade into the expansion, there is more competition for Dranoff. High-end condos under development include the Laurel on Rittenhouse Square and 2100 Hamilton along Benjamin Franklin Parkway.

That doesn't worry Dranoff, who is confident in his timing, location, project scope and target market.

While Dranoff declined to disclose the number of condos sold so far, sales are four times ahead of where One Riverside was at this point in construction, he said. One Riverside ended up having 68 condos after buyers decided to combine units to make them larger.

Dranoff said he went into Arthaus with some potential buyers who saw One Riverside get developed but for various reasons, whether it was location or timing, didn’t buy but now find themselves in the position to move forward.

“There are people who want to be more in Center City and along the Avenue of the Arts,” he said. “There are people who want to walk across the street to a show. There are a group of people who wanted larger units and brand new.”

Arthaus will add to South Broad Street’s growing residential scene. What was once predominantly an office submarket has changed over the last 10 years to become more of residential and entertainment corridor. It started in 2008 when Dranoff completed Symphony House and then added 777 South Broad and South Star Lofts. The Atlantic, which was once an office building is under conversion and Lincoln Square anchors South Broad at Washington Avenue. What was once a dorm for art students at Broad and Chestnut streets is now an apartment building called the Griffin and the Cambria hotel has opened at Broad and Locust streets.

More is on the way. Though Dranoff is focused on Arthaus, he is also working on a development for a site Broad and Pine streets. “We are reimagining that corner,” he said. “We have plans but I can’t say what they are.”

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 1:40 PM

Topped out by next fall -- wow, I love it (not sure if I think that's realistic, but love the pace of the planned schedule) -- see W Hotel construction delays and issues.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive