HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 4:29 PM
Project manger

What are everyone's thoughts on this ? I like it.

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on this ? I like it.
Drove by it the other night, I think the artist did a great job on it. Should also help with first impressions for airport travelers as that area is pretty rough looking.

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 4:09 PM

I like it. Artist did a good job.

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 9:55 PM
Project manger

So... ( cough and gag )
Lets delve into this :

KAMLOOPS COUNCIL
Kamloops council's Committee formally asks Mayor Reid Hamer-Jackson to resign

I voted for him, but I think its time for him to leave. He's causing issues at this point and things are not getting accomplished. Not that I want to see an old boys club, but he doesn't have the ability to work with people.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 2:55 AM

Found this beautiful shot of the city gardens building off of a listing of a nearby apartment.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 5:18 AM

Quote:
So... ( cough and gag )
Lets delve into this :

KAMLOOPS COUNCIL
Kamloops council's Committee formally asks Mayor Reid Hamer-Jackson to resign

I voted for him, but I think its time for him to leave. He's causing issues at this point and things are not getting accomplished. Not that I want to see an old boys club, but he doesn't have the ability to work with people.
Totally agree. I voted for the guy too. I was hoping he was going to get in and shake things up but I've given up on the guy. Like put your big boy pants on and conduct yourself as a professional. Instead he acts like a little bitch. The guys an embarrassment.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 4:26 PM
Project manger

Yeah... its time to move on from him. I think katie neustaeter would do well as mayor. I deal with her quite often. bill Sarai is great to work with, but I don't like his political point of view.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 6:58 PM
SkyTrain Nut

I think it's fun!
When's the last time you saw a mayor get so mad at how garbage a council was he leaked internal docs to the point everyone's fob access got revoked while they ran a security audit and tried s***canning the shrink they hired to get rid of him? Now that he's flipped off their request for him to resign I love their mumbling about trying some other way to get rid of him. I'm sure everyone would be excited to be forced back to the polls for that BS.

I don't remember if I voted for him, but it's more exciting than watching bum fights beside the 7-11.

Edited: What I'm saying is that while I don't support all of Reid's actions, almost immediately people were so salty he was elected (HE was voted in, now shut up and enjoy the ride) that they torched that car over at the dealership. Reid kept it there to try and make a point that West Victoria is generally ignored (and it was. I can verify that it was impossible to keep curb scum and zombies off the makerspace property). Me, Spoke, Stereo Warehouse, Enterprise, Budget and everyone else were relentlessly complaining that we were being ignored when it came to crime due to terrible placement of drug, drop-in and rehab centers and the only thing that mattered was that damn torched car because everyone wanted dirt on Reid.
I don't mind Reid staying in, just to tell council if you give us no love......legally we can't be tough back, so you can live with your boss as a method of torture.

Last edited by MIPS; May 9, 2024 at 7:25 PM.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 7:32 PM
Project manger

I agree with you, West Victoria has been screwed by poor placement of WAY to many of the same crap services. If we want to fix the issue, we need a government that is actually strong enough to do what's needed. LOCK THE LOSSERS UP. Drugs were illegal for years. No one worried about how the fucking drug users feeling were and if they felt okay about how they were viewed. And guess what? We had less drug users. now were so worried about how junkies are feeling and if they are okay and the exact same time the population of friggen junkies have exploded. You cant help but wonder if the 2 are connected? The big question is ... who benefits from the policy that is in place? Enough of putting the looser who doesn't pay tax, damages society and is killing them selves ahead of 98% of the rest of the people.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 7:35 PM
Project manger

SD73 receives approval to acquire land for new Aberdeen secondary school

I figured this would be the location. To be honest its a good spot. What we need to do as a city is stop building such narrow roads. You cant get a bus down most new roads and there is no place for them to link up to other streets or turn around. Hope the city thinks about this soon.

BATCH SCHOOL LOCATION :

Last edited by RHINO; May 9, 2024 at 7:46 PM.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 7:36 PM
Project manger

Mindcash : Great photo

Old Posted May 10, 2024, 2:26 AM

Holy shit! Never thought I’d see the day Aberdeen got a high school. That would have been nice when I was growing up in Aberdeen. Instead I had to ride the bus all the way to SKSS. Which, as a teenager was kind of fun but also so strange.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
I think it's fun!
When's the last time you saw a mayor get so mad at how garbage a council was he leaked internal docs to the point everyone's fob access got revoked while they ran a security audit and tried s***canning the shrink they hired to get rid of him? Now that he's flipped off their request for him to resign I love their mumbling about trying some other way to get rid of him. I'm sure everyone would be excited to be forced back to the polls for that BS.

I don't remember if I voted for him, but it's more exciting than watching bum fights beside the 7-11.

Edited: What I'm saying is that while I don't support all of Reid's actions, almost immediately people were so salty he was elected (HE was voted in, now shut up and enjoy the ride) that they torched that car over at the dealership. Reid kept it there to try and make a point that West Victoria is generally ignored (and it was. I can verify that it was impossible to keep curb scum and zombies off the makerspace property). Me, Spoke, Stereo Warehouse, Enterprise, Budget and everyone else were relentlessly complaining that we were being ignored when it came to crime due to terrible placement of drug, drop-in and rehab centers and the only thing that mattered was that damn torched car because everyone wanted dirt on Reid.
I don't mind Reid staying in, just to tell council if you give us no love......legally we can't be tough back, so you can live with your boss as a method of torture.
I'll give it to you that it is entertaining. Probably the best way to look at it I guess. I'm one that wants to see results and the constant bickering from both staff and council pisses me off because all it does is waste time. It's so frustrating because every level headed person knows how to fix this insane problem and it's forced rehab. I'm so sick of these crack heads taking over every city. They need help and they need consequences. The far left policies that are in place are evil and cruel.

The whole report is so pointless. I feel like staff and council have an emotional/visceral reaction to RHJ's style and any professional relationship is not salvageable at this point. The report seems like it will be used for staff and council to fall back to so they can point the finger at the mayor and feel justified doing so.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 4:47 PM

Another hotel going up in Aberdeen

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 8:12 PM

Quite the jump in population for 2023. At 3.3% or 3500 people. Doesn't seem 500-600 units per year is quite enough. https://www.radionl.com/2024/05/13/117906/

Kam pop by Thomas Johansen, on Flickr

Old Posted May 14, 2024, 3:44 PM
Project manger

Wow, So we should be closing in 110,000 by years end. I didn't think it was that high yet.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 1:24 PM

I would think we're close to that already with Sun Rivers not being included in those numbers.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 9:25 PM
Project manger

Well with that revelation, Id say more like 112,000 people.

So it looks like they are closing the red bridge now. So I'm assuming Valley View and Lafarge will be next lol.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Well with that revelation, Id say more like 112,000 people.

So it looks like they are closing the red bridge now. So I'm assuming Valley View and Lafarge will be next lol.
Went over the red bridge a few days back and saw a small car stuck in the middle with its wheel right off! Some repairs are long overdue. With the growth of the City and the KIB a new crossing is needed.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 11:09 PM

53-unit townhouse project approved by Kamloops council

https://www.kamloopsbcnow.com/waterc...cil/#fs_137130

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia