HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

View Poll Results: What should be done to the WTC?
Keep building the current plan. 34 47.89%
Build the Twin Towers II. 28 39.44%
Other. 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintowers2011 View Post
I am 16 and from Ohio, no where near New York, and I've never even BEEN to the WTC, but I know how important it is to rebuild what the terrorists took away. I support the Twin Towers 100%!
The first (besides my own posts) sensical thing written in this thread.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:12 PM

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:15 PM
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintowers2011 View Post
I am 16 and from Ohio, no where near New York, and I've never even BEEN to the WTC, but I know how important it is to rebuild what the terrorists took away. I support the Twin Towers 100%!
OK you've convinced me. I hope they start tearing down the new 1WTC tomorrow.

REBUILD THE TWINS!!!

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:17 PM

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:22 PM
Resident Jackass

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:23 PM

And plus 2011 seems a bit optimistic come to think of it.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:24 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Well anyways, even if this proposal was still alive it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

First of all, why would you want to build 2 towers that look just the same as the same ones where thousands of people died? Rebuilding the WTC doesn't make it iconic, it makes it a stupidity. Why be reminded constantly about the 9/11 tragedy? Because we want to stick it to the terrorists? The only think we're sticking is 2 ugly shitpiles that make the terrorists happy. They know that they did it once. They might not try to do it again but 2 identical looking towers make them feel proud that they could do it.

And anyways, the WTC site is about rebirth. Where 2 buildings were destroyed more will rise. Better and stronger. It's all about redesigning and reinventing ways to keep the public safe. Not to mention that the new buildings will be more environmentally friendly and better looking.

Also, that memorial is hideous. Where are the trees that symbolize rebirth? Instead there's an outline of the WTC towers with twisted metal symbolizing the fall of a skyscraper. It doesn't make the site feel peaceful, it just makes it look like those people died in extremely painful ways.

The original WTC was too bland. It wasn't really ugly but it wasn't the best looking complex either. The new plan will look better in NY than the old one anyways.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
And plus 2011 seems a bit optimistic come to think of it.
It is. It will take 3-4 years. 2011 is the date they had in mind back in 08

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Well anyways, even if this proposal was still alive it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

First of all, why would you want to build 2 towers that look just the same as the same ones where thousands of people died? Rebuilding the WTC doesn't make it iconic, it makes it a stupidity. Why be reminded constantly about the 9/11 tragedy? Because we want to stick it to the terrorists? The only think we're sticking is 2 ugly shitpiles that make the terrorists happy. They know that they did it once. They might not try to do it again but 2 identical looking towers make them feel proud that they could do it.

And anyways, the WTC site is about rebirth. Where 2 buildings were destroyed more will rise. Better and stronger. It's all about redesigning and reinventing ways to keep the public safe. Not to mention that the new buildings will be more environmentally friendly and better looking.

Also, that memorial is hideous. Where are the trees that symbolize rebirth? Instead there's an outline of the WTC towers with twisted metal symbolizing the fall of a skyscraper. It doesn't make the site feel peaceful, it just makes it look like those people died in extremely painful ways.

The original WTC was too bland. It wasn't really ugly but it wasn't the best looking complex either. The new plan will look better in NY than the old one anyways.
Sure I understand that but the Freedom Tower is like a piece of glass. I highly doubt it would stand up to a plane as well as the Twin Towers

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:31 PM
Resident Jackass

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:39 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

The twin towers already fell once. The design is ridiculous. They would have to reinforce the entire structure. The freedom tower has escape stairs in every corner. Sure they could add the same features to a new TT design but just the fact that you have to look at those towers it makes me sick.

And the Freedom Tower will be the safest skyscraper once completed. The SWFC is already ridiculously safe and the Freedom Tower is expected to be even safer! Have you seen those columns? Have you seen the size of that core? Just because something looks good and shiny doesn't mean it's not powerful and safe.

Last edited by Aleks; Aug 19, 2009 at 10:54 PM.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:49 PM

And at what point does the Twintoweralliance give up?

When the Freedom Tower has topped out, or will there be a push to have it demolished and the Twin Towers take its place.....

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 11:01 PM

Anybody want to start a Rebuild Old Penn Station movement? America, especially the Boston-D.C. corridor, needs a high speed rail network. A new, rebuilt Penn Station would be the crown jewel in such a system. A great architectural tragedy will be atoned for, people will rely less on airplanes and foreign oil, terrorists both domestic and foreign lose!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post

Listen im from New York,and I don't want to wake up every morning and look
out my window and see that garbage they call the World Trade Center.Those Twin Towers model will be a perfect replacement of its predicessors.The Freedumb Tower has to go. Period...

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 12:15 AM

A little late for that though.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 12:15 AM
Resident Jackass

There is no "freedom tower", what they're building is called 1WTC.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 12:45 AM
Charismatic Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTowersForever View Post
IF they arent put in manhattan where they belong the designer has a deal to build them in New Jersey

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 12:49 AM

So, this is what it was like when Talb was around?????
"A couple of years ago, a couple of geniuses put on something called Woodstock Festival. It was a tragedy. Groups recognised that they could go into larger cattle markets, play less time and make more dollars. What they've done is to destroy the rock industry."- Bill Graham

Last edited by bbeliko; Aug 20, 2009 at 1:06 AM.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 12:52 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTowersForever View Post
The first (besides my own posts) sensical thing written in this thread.
Sensical is a bogus word; kind of like how this is a bogus project.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 1:44 AM

The Freedom Tower was a bogus project from the start. How can you be proud of a plan that's barely progressing after almost 8 years, having problems being financed for almost 8 years, been changed multiple times and won't be completed fully until 2037 the wannabe so called WTC 1 along its 3 other towers is the embrassing symbol of the USA. Thats why there's the TwinTowersAlliance and the economically friendly Twin Towers II superior plan. My support is for Twin Towers II 100%. It puts up the middle finger up at the terrorists at a height of 1914 ft and shows we dont give a flip if you hated our icons from the start cause our American icon is back in the skyline like it or not - this is America "home of the brave" why should we have to completely alter the NYC skyline cause of what people that hate us think. There was nothing wrong w/ the NYC skyline when the Twin Towers were up so why fix something thats isnt broke.

Last edited by CudaAhBuda_NYC; Aug 20, 2009 at 1:59 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects