HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 5:41 PM

Finally got a response back to the e-mail I sent Steve Ashton a few months back, in response to another death on the deplorable Perimeter Highway. Wasn't from Ashton, but from someone within MIT.

Basically regurgitated all the recent announcements made by the province. Did provide a bit of insight into the PTH 59N/PTH101 interchange.

Quote: "As for the north Perimeter Highway (PTH 101), the construction of a full grade-separated interchange at PTH 101/PTH 59N is approved in MIT’s Multi-Year Capital Program. We are currently working on the preliminary engineering study and other pre-construction activities, including an area transportation study and detailed design.

All of these improvements reflect the growing importance of this route, an anticipation of increased traffic volumes, and the Department’s commitment to ensuring acceptable highway safety standards are maintained. More details will be announced as the various projects advance."

I asked for a bit of a timeline or any more info. So we'll see what I get back.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan