HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 13, 2010, 11:59 PM
Liberator.

Location: San Antonio,(born) Arlington Heights, Ill.(Chicagoland)
Exclamation Is it politics, money, class, or elitism?

Is it politics, money, class, elitism, or all of them. Why is it that San Antonio keeps getting snubbed all the time when it comes to construction projects downtown. Our lucky neighbor to the north has just announced that they're getting a new 75 story building, or 78, I don't remember.. I have heard San Antonio referred to as a blue-collar city. Now how many companies want to invest in a city that "others" refer to as a "blue collar" city? I think that we're not quite the "Detroit" of the South, but we're more along the lines of the Fort Worth of Central Texas where Dallas in the Metroplex keeps sucking up all the investment in the area. Even our own AT&T left for Dallas. It just doesn't make sense! We are the 7th largest city in the United States, and the 2nd in the State of Texas when it comes to the population within the city limits. Who knows, maybe some billionaire will toss a couple of billion dollars our way to get us to shut up. It just looks grim when it comes to investment in downtown San Antonio. We deserve more!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio