HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 4:36 PM
Rundberg & I35

Up and coming neighborhoods in San Antonio

Hello all! For the past month or so I have been helping a friend with their property tax protest business. This is the first year we are protesting taxes in San Antonio so I have been exhaustively combing through sales comps and tax records all over your city. I've become very interested in the neighborhood dynamics. It seems there are a ton of central neighborhoods where houses are selling for 15-50 thousand dollars! There is also 78209 which has Alamo Heights and it's million dollar homes. What's the deal? Why are there houses so cheap literally blocks (and across I-37) away from the Alamo and all over central San Antonio? What central neighborhoods are "up and coming"? I have invested in some "up and coming" neighborhoods in Austin and it has worked out well. Where would you guys buy in San Antonio? I'm fascinated by the diverse real estate and the seemingly low cost of entry into investing in San Antonio.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 1:39 AM
Rundberg & I35

Hola a todos! Durante el mes pasado o por lo que me han ayudado a un amigo con su protesta por los impuestos de propiedad. Este es el primer año estamos protestando por los impuestos en la ciudad de San Antonio por lo que me han sido exhaustivamente rastrillando ventas comps y registros de impuestos toda su ciudad. Me he vuelto muy interesada en el barrio dinámica. Parece que hay un montón de barrios centrales allí donde las casas están vendiendo de 15-50 mil dólares! También hay que ha 78209 Alamo Heights y casas de millones de dólares. Porque? ¿Por qué no hay casas tan baratos literalmente bloques (y a través de I-37) lejos del Alamo y todo el centro San Antonio? Qué barrios centrales son ""? He invertido en algunos "barrios" en Austin y en que ha funcionado bien. ¿Dónde estarían ustedes comprar en San Antonio? Estoy fascinado por las diversas agencias inmobiliarias y aparentemente bajo costo de entrada en invertir en San Antonio.

Last edited by East7thStreet; Jun 30, 2012 at 1:51 AM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 7:02 AM
SA 24th largest city

Quote:
Originally Posted by East7thStreet View Post
Hello all! For the past month or so I have been helping a friend with their property tax protest business. This is the first year we are protesting taxes in San Antonio so I have been exhaustively combing through sales comps and tax records all over your city. I've become very interested in the neighborhood dynamics. It seems there are a ton of central neighborhoods where houses are selling for 15-50 thousand dollars! There is also 78209 which has Alamo Heights and it's million dollar homes. What's the deal? Why are there houses so cheap literally blocks (and across I-37) away from the Alamo and all over central San Antonio? What central neighborhoods are "up and coming"? I have invested in some "up and coming" neighborhoods in Austin and it has worked out well. Where would you guys buy in San Antonio? I'm fascinated by the diverse real estate and the seemingly low cost of entry into investing in San Antonio.
Mahncke Park

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Why are there houses so cheap literally blocks (and across I-37) away from the Alamo and all over central San Antonio?
Racism.

Quote:
What central neighborhoods are "up and coming"? Where would you guys buy in San Antonio?
Five Points, near East Side (south of Dignowity), Lone Star area, Highland Park, Government Hill, Denver Heights, Alta Vista, Beacon Hill, Woodlawn Lake, Monticello Park, Los Angeles Heights.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 1:17 AM

Redlining of neighborhoods was a huge factor in the establishment and look of neighborhoods, just as in every other American city. As Spoiler stated, it was in large part a racial play of FHA loans.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 10:47 PM

What neighborhoods in Austin do you now consider "up and coming"?

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 4:18 AM
Rundberg & I35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
What neighborhoods in Austin do you now consider "up and coming"?
Central East Austin is probably the hottest area right now. 78702- especially close to downtown has a ton of new bars, restaurants, and other retail popping up. The prices have risen dramatically so that areas further from I-35 and downtown are snapped up by young people and investors.

Certain areas of 78752 (North Central) are seeing a high appreciation of prices. These 78752 neighborhoods surrounding Crestview are seeing Crestview like prices now.

I'm not a South Austin guy so I'll leave that for somebody else to talk about. As far as I know the 78704 (Central South) is so high-priced you have to keep going further south to find reasonable prices.

What do ya'll think about the Dignowity neighborhood in San Antonio?

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 9:24 PM

Quote:
What do ya'll think about the Dignowity neighborhood in San Antonio?
What are you planning on doing with the property? Dignowity is a historic district and the HDRC probably won't let you demolish anything, and restoration is done by pretty strict rules. If you're buying a vacant lot then there will be restrictions on what you can put on it. In any case, buying cheap property in Dignowity probably is a safe investment.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/historic/hdrc.aspx

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 2:30 PM
SA 24th largest city

yes and please do not use this page for business prospecting.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 6:50 PM

There's nothing wrong with thread. The Austin market is already established. San antonio might be able to offer more ROI, or not. It falls under development-related.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 7:12 AM
Meh

*Posts deleted*

Guys, if you feel there are posts that need attention, use the report a post function. Do not troll each other. It doesn't help the situation.

I've been trying for 10 years to smooth the relations between the Austin and San Antonio forumers.

Please try to get along.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 4:16 PM
SA 24th largest city

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
*Posts deleted*

Guys, if you feel there are posts that need attention, use the report a post function. Do not troll each other. It doesn't help the situation.

I've been trying for 10 years to smooth the relations between the Austin and San Antonio forumers.

Please try to get along.
ok

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio