HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 8:06 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Mclellan stays, the AC's are out. Rumor we're hearing here in YYC is the Glen Gulatzen and Trent Yawney are potentially headed your way as the new AC's.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 9:37 PM

Canadian Sport Hall of Fame 2018 inductees.

http://www.sportshall.ca/2018-induct...s.html?lang=EN

A couple with ties to Alberta.

Chief Willy Littlechild, Chandra Crawford and Damon Alan

Sandy Kirby used to teach at the U of A and was a coach at the Edmonton Rowing club.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 4:37 PM

Mark Messier and Fred Saskamoose get the order of Canada.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 4:03 PM
Community Guy

FISE World Series Edmonton kicks off in Louise McKinney Park
July 11, 2018

https://www.fiseworldedmonton.com

Join FISE CEO Hervé André-Benoit and FISE athletes as they officially open FISE World Series Edmonton. FISE transforms Louise McKinney Riverfront Park into an outdoor action sports arena where some of the world’s best pro riders and amateurs will compete in BMX Freestyle, BMX Flatland, Skateboard and Scooter competitions.

A full site tour will be available following the news conference and parking/media passes will be available for pick up. Please ensure you have completed the accreditation form.

Date: Thursday, July 12
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Location: Louise McKinney Riverfront Park, BMX Flatland Arena, see site map below. Someone will be available to greet media in the main parking lot off Grierson Hill.

Visual Opportunities:
Interview with Hervé André-Benoit
Interview with FISE Athletes
Interview with City of Edmonton representative
Athlete Demos
Festival Site Tour

For more information:
fiseworldedmonton.com

Follow on Twitter and Instagram:
twitter.com/fiseworld
instagram.com/fiseworld

Media contact:
FISE World Series Edmonton
Amy McBain
Media Liaison
Berlin Communications
780-288-9504
View as W

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 3:25 AM
Community Guy

Happy 40th Commonwealth.

https://twitter.com/YEGMayorOffice/s...22596336504832
@YEGmayoroffice

Old Posted Oct 12, 2018, 4:11 AM

2018 world Ball Hockey Championships 45 years and older in Prague. Team Canada.

Gold Medal for Canada. Beat the Czechs in final.

2 Alberta boys on the team. Me from Edmonton on defence and Graham from calgary...he's a sniper.

IMG_7009 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

IMG_7033 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

IMG_4807 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

IMG_6996 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

IMG_4821 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 12, 2018, 1:48 PM
Community Guy

Nice, congrats!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 11:05 PM

^ Thanks Ian......

And that's a wrap on 25 years of playing competitive ball Hockey.

IMG_6997 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
^ Thanks Ian......

And that's a wrap on 25 years of playing competitive ball Hockey.

IMG_6997 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr
Congrats Blackstar!

...my ankles and shins feel your pain!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 4:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimedru View Post
Congrats Blackstar!

...my ankles and shins feel your pain!
Thanks man ....... appreciate it....

For me it's a little L5 S1.

Now...Pick up ice hockey shinny. Thats it jack lol.

No running at all!! lol. Just glide.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 10:50 PM
Community Guy

We definitely need a good finish tonight.

Last edited by Coldrsx; Nov 18, 2018 at 11:38 PM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2018, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
We definitely need a good finish tonight.
With our current starter, they just need to score 5+ goals per game for the win. Such a shame that Connor being Connor, Draisaitl warming up, and Chiasson having an amazing start has had no impact over the last 3 weeks.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2018, 6:26 PM

Talbot's performance was shitty but to be fair the offense was non-existent for most of the Vegas game and half of the flames game. They were unable to set up, unable to get open, unable to give a good pass. Shots on goal deteriorated as the games progressed.

The more aggressive team is the one that has been winning, and Oilers have been losing that edge halfway through games.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2018, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios View Post
Talbot's performance was shitty but to be fair the offense was non-existent for most of the Vegas game and half of the flames game. They were unable to set up, unable to get open, unable to give a good pass. Shots on goal deteriorated as the games progressed.

The more aggressive team is the one that has been winning, and Oilers have been losing that edge halfway through games.
Oh without a doubt there are many factors contributing to the losses, including officials too stupid to recognize the different between a stick being held by the wrong player and a hook. I counted at least 3 times last game (when I was paying attention) where the Oiler threw their hands in the air in exasperation over their stick being nearly ripped out of their hands by a Vegas player. Knowing that if they didn't show they were not in control they'd get a hooking penalty. Yes, never once was Vegas called for it. It's becoming WWF in the quality of officiating.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 9:12 PM
DRINK

So I've heard that some very large local companies are not renewing corporate boxes at Rogers. My understanding is that they were original a three year commitment that would have expired at the end of this season.

I know that historically box tickets get thrown around my industry pretty liberally starting around Christmas when the oil are almost mathematically eliminated from playoffs....i'm guessing its getting harder and harder to justify the expense.

There's always a waiting list for people looking at picking up a couple seats, so season ticket holders have very little power, but if all of a sudden, $400,000 boxes start sitting empty...well...that will certainly get some peoples attention.

Corporate SHOFEAR loves boxes and loge seats, hockey fan SHOFEAR despises them as it creates a massive separation between the two bowls and leads to an atmosphere that will never be half as good as Northlands. That part of me would absolutely love it if the oilers were forced to undergo a massive reno to reduce loge and box seats.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 9:36 PM

^I would love to see OEG forced to stop reducing the options at the arena every year and making it worse and worse.
Fire that in-game guy into the sun, expand the food selection back to at least where it was, and just get serious about making it a fun enviro instead of milking that last penny for below average exeprience out of your die hard fans.

I totally agree about having the loge level slice the building in half...it's really noticeable. I didn't expect it all, but it creates this dead zone in the energy.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 10:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
So I've heard that some very large local companies are not renewing corporate boxes at Rogers. My understanding is that they were original a three year commitment that would have expired at the end of this season.

I know that historically box tickets get thrown around my industry pretty liberally starting around Christmas when the oil are almost mathematically eliminated from playoffs....i'm guessing its getting harder and harder to justify the expense.

There's always a waiting list for people looking at picking up a couple seats, so season ticket holders have very little power, but if all of a sudden, $400,000 boxes start sitting empty...well...that will certainly get some peoples attention.

Corporate SHOFEAR loves boxes and loge seats, hockey fan SHOFEAR despises them as it creates a massive separation between the two bowls and leads to an atmosphere that will never be half as good as Northlands. That part of me would absolutely love it if the oilers were forced to undergo a massive reno to reduce loge and box seats.
Most of the box owners went for 5 year commitments - larger rebate/discount on F&B sales. Strange, I haven't heard anything of the sort.......especially considering they write the suites as of as an expense.....ie, "hosted a group of Trican frac guys cuz we're trying to secure their business....etc etc."

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 4:58 AM

Watching Oilers on Sportsnet and they play a flyover shot of Edmonton where Quest still has orange tarps over and Epcor tower is just halfway up.....

All it takes is a little drone these days sheesh get a new one.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post

Do you think they designed a contingency plan in case the loge seating completely failed? I Wonder if 3 or 4 regular rows could be accomodated. I have nothing against the loge seating, just curious...

Also, Doesn't rogers kind of have similar vibe to scotiabank arena (ACC) or is my memory way off lol...

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios View Post
Watching Oilers on Sportsnet and they play a flyover shot of Edmonton where Quest still has orange tarps over and Epcor tower is just halfway up.....

All it takes is a little drone these days sheesh get a new one.
Even worse, their beauty shot from the river bank didn't show any construction cranes in the air... therefore very old. That's even easier than a drone because all it takes is a cameraman shooting for a few minutes.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton