HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 7:27 PM

Prometheus Property | 4 buildings | xx' | xx floors | Proposed

Well, here's the latest on the Prometheus property. GBD Architects are the applicant:

Quote:
Project Description: Pre-Application Conference to discuss Type III Design Review for proposed phased development of 4 new, 7-story mixed-use building with approx. 3500 square feet of Retail in each, 200- 300 market-rate apartments and 150-250 parking spaces per building with street improvements.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 7:58 PM

What's the location of the Prometheus property? I'm unfamiliar with that name. Sounds like it could turn out rather interesting.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 7:59 PM

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 8:00 PM

Oh wow, ok that makes a ton of sense now. Thank you.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2016, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Well, here's the latest on the Prometheus property. GBD Architects are the applicant:
Is it unusual to submit multiple new buildings all at once in the same pre-application conference? Any renderings on these? Thanks for posting this!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 1:31 AM

The Pre-App notice should be published this week, or if not, in the next few weeks. If they're planning on submitting all the buildings for one Design Review (as Hassalo on Eighth, Oregon Square and Lloyd Cinemas have done) then I guess they only need one Pre-App.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 4:11 PM

Someone help me out here. This image is from Next Portland regarding the submission for four new buildings on the Prometheus property. Next Portland got the image from GBD. Lot 18 has already been developed. Where you see the word "SITE" already has plans and they should be starting construction fairly soon I would think. So for the other four buildings, we are basically talking about the rest of the space on the lot labeled 17? I remember when they had the lot split into 6 parcels. Maybe there will be two parcels left over after these four buildings. Although roughly judging from the map, it looks like there may just be one left. All will be revealed soon, I know. I'm just wrapping my head around this.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 4:55 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't maccoinnich write NextPortland? He may be the best person to ask . . .

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 7:33 PM

The area outlined in green (site 17) is the Prometheus Property. The area that says "Site" was the site for Block 41, however that project was never submitted for Design Review. Something like what was proposed last year may or may not be part of the 4 buildings. I don't know yet.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 9:54 PM

Quote:
The area outlined in green (site 17) is the Prometheus Property. The area that says "Site" was the site for Block 41, however that project was never submitted for Design Review. Something like what was proposed last year may or may not be part of the 4 buildings. I don't know yet.
Any chance they will continue the waterfront park or at least the MUP? Since Tesla decided to voluntarily add to their property, it's so close to being done up to the Zidel barge yards.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 10:11 PM

They would be required by the zoning code to extend the twin pedestrian and bike trails.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 3:03 AM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference for the Prometheus Property.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Notice of a Pre-Application Conference for the Prometheus Property.
Thanks for posting that. Looks like the rest of the vacant lots north of the Spaghetti Factory will be filled in with these four buildings. On one hand it is unfortunate that the original dream of South Waterfront won't be realized. On the other hand, I get to keep my southern views!

Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 4:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronked View Post
Thanks for posting that. Looks like the rest of the vacant lots north of the Spaghetti Factory will be filled in with these four buildings. On one hand it is unfortunate that the original dream of South Waterfront won't be realized. On the other hand, I get to keep my southern views!
I don't know what scares them to just go 10 more stories up and fulfilling the original dreams of Southwater front. God knows the residential economy in this city is booming

Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 5:33 PM

I agree. At least have a couple 12-15 floor towers along Bond, going down to 7 along the river. Now the entire southern end of South Waterfront is just going to be a plateau.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 10:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I agree. At least have a couple 12-15 floor towers along Bond, going down to 7 along the river. Now the entire southern end of South Waterfront is just going to be a plateau.
What you think scares them about simple 20 story towers in a booming economy ?

Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 11:01 PM

It probably just comes down to costs and risks, but I'm not an economics major so I really have no idea. I'm sure some other guys on here can give us a more in depth analysis.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2016, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Dominoes keep falling for a continuous river path in South Waterfront

Last month we were overjoyed to report that automaker Tesla had voluntarily agreed to build a segment of riverfront bike path behind its future showroom on Southwest Macadam.

If a new housing and retail project that entered the city’s development pipeline Monday moves forward, it’d be the final piece of a continuous west-bank greenway from the Sellwood Bridge almost to the Ross Island Bridge — and in the coming years to Tilikum Crossing.

The vacant lot between Southwest Lowell, Lane, Bond and the Willamette River would get four new seven-story buildings with ground-floor retail and 200 to 300 apartments above, under a very early concept plan filed for a pre-application hearing by the local firm GBD Architects, which is representing San Mateo-based Prometheus Real Estate Group. Here’s the site plan for the Prometheus project marking future “recreational trails” with a string of stars:

...continues at BikePortland.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2016, 2:03 AM

The Ella

Old Posted Jul 25, 2016, 2:06 AM

Osprey Apartments (Block 37)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland