HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I'm told that it IS the most profitable Wendy's in the country by people who work for Lenfest. They worked behind the scenes to get it to move down the street so Wells Fargo could face the hotel, but there was no way it was leaving or vacating its lease early. And it has a very longterm lease. Not sure when it ends but not for some time.
Haha. I was being facetious. That's hilarious.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 3:03 PM

https://www.phillyvoice.com/free-lib...ral-new-space/

Quote:
On Friday, April 12, the Free Library of Philadelphia will open 41,000 square feet of new public space in the Parkway Central Library on Vine Street.
Not the same as the Moshe Safdie addition, but at least it's something.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 3:20 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
https://www.phillyvoice.com/free-lib...ral-new-space/

Not the same as the Moshe Safdie addition, but at least it's something.
That is ashamed. I thought they did raise money for it but came up short because of the recession. And PennDot covered and planted grass and hardscaped the section of the expressway in front to which it expanded the use of the Shakespare Park. I could see the library hosting outdoor screenings, etc.

With the economy doing well vis a vis the stock market and assets increased in value, maybe they should or have re-invigorated their fundraising efforts. It would be amazing for the Parkway if the addition was built. This and Cathedral Square would set it on fire.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 3:36 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Renderings of new Tangen Hall at 40th and Sansom

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 8:03 PM

Centre Square renovation coming: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1 Not sure if you will be able to see the renders if not in this group. Sorry, don't have an article. Looks decent, though. Especially the interior renovation. Also, I saw the renders for the Sheraton transition to a Marriott down at 2nd and Walnut, and they look nice. Rooms should be complete in July and the lobby and lobby bar reno should be complete in the following months.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 9:12 PM

^It won't give me (others?) access to the renders. Is it a regular Marriott or one of their other brands? I had forgotten about the Starwood merger. I wonder whether Marriott plans to eliminate Sheraton and other Starwood brands. I'm guessing that they'll at least leave W and St. Regis alone.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
^It won't give me (others?) access to the renders. Is it a regular Marriott or one of their other brands? I had forgotten about the Starwood merger. I wonder whether Marriott plans to eliminate Sheraton and other Starwood brands. I'm guessing that they'll at least leave W and St. Regis alone.
Marriott Hotels, the company's classic, flagship brand. Interiors for this one designed by Krause Sawyer. I'm not sure which, if any, brands they are eliminating. But they merged the Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest reward programs and rebranded and renamed the loyalty program "Marriott Bonvoy".

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 11:54 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Exclusive: Sheraton Society Hill to upgrade to flagship Marriott brand

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel..._news_headline

While the article is behind the paywall, the pics are available to view. Looks good. i like the upgrades and the status upgrade as well. And, this explains all the work trucks that I saw a few weeks ago on a daily basis parked on Front St.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 12:23 AM

Thanks all

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Centre Square renovation coming: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1 Not sure if you will be able to see the renders if not in this group. Sorry, don't have an article. Looks decent, though. Especially the interior renovation. Also, I saw the renders for the Sheraton transition to a Marriott down at 2nd and Walnut, and they look nice. Rooms should be complete in July and the lobby and lobby bar reno should be complete in the following months.
I work at Centre Square. They've been working on the interior renovation now for a month or so. I can grab pics the next time I can of the renderings they posted in the lobby

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottydont View Post
I work at Centre Square. They've been working on the interior renovation now for a month or so. I can grab pics the next time I can of the renderings they posted in the lobby
Please do! The changes to the lobby look like they will be nice. The exterior renders I saw were so bad, I can't tell exactly what they will be doing other than opening up the stores with glass and better street activation (that part is good). Can't tell if something else is going to happen to the facade.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 1:43 PM
Future World Dictator

Are they going to do anything to clean up that underground space by the clothespin? It's been a minute since I've been down there but it seems like it would be a good place to clean and brighten up.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 7:24 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

New stuff:

1610 Ridge: 5 units

1539 N 26th: 25 units

1611 Ridge: 5 stories, 10 units

2123 North Broad: 6 stories, 26 units

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
Are they going to do anything to clean up that underground space by the clothespin? It's been a minute since I've been down there but it seems like it would be a good place to clean and brighten up.
You talking about the area into the EL with the Dunkin Donuts?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 9:13 PM
Midrise

FYI, has anyone else had this specific page redirect to a rogue malware site with a prompt to download and install a (no doubt fake or with malware included) Flash player? This is the second or third time in the past week this site has tried to redirect. The domain of the rogue page was fastertypeTEXT INSERTED SO YOU DON'T TRY TO GO THERE AND GET INFECTEDmaintain-rawclicks.icu.

Hopefully an admin will see this and contact the right person to check for compromises in the skyscraperpage server. I know from past experiences at another forum that vBulletin historically has had problems with vulnerabilities to code injections in their pages.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 12:13 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
FYI, has anyone else had this specific page redirect to a rogue malware site with a prompt to download and install a (no doubt fake or with malware included) Flash player? This is the second or third time in the past week this site has tried to redirect. The domain of the rogue page was fastertypeTEXT INSERTED SO YOU DON'T TRY TO GO THERE AND GET INFECTEDmaintain-rawclicks.icu.

Hopefully an admin will see this and contact the right person to check for compromises in the skyscraperpage server. I know from past experiences at another forum that vBulletin historically has had problems with vulnerabilities to code injections in their pages.
Post it in the annoying ads thread.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 2:57 AM

Is it possible to do anything about that? Redirects on mobile happen to me all the time on this site and it's very annoying.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
some of that area is not owned by the building and is part of the publically owned concourse which is now controlled by SEPTA. Eventually all of the public areas will be upgraded. The concourse that connects the area near Wannamaker to the south broad concourse has already been fixed up- this includes areas underneath the southern section of Dilworth park and right up to the underground entrance to Centre Square.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
Renderings of new Tangen Hall at 40th and Sansom

that is a good looking building IMHO

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 8:39 PM

Philly imagined a Delaware waterfront full of apartments. Instead, we’re getting suburban-style townhouses. | Inga Saffron
https://www.philly.com/real-estate/i...-20190321.html

Eh. I kind of both agree and disagree with her. I wish it was more dense but honestly I am happy if these sell at all.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development